Classes, Hypno-Babies, Oh My!

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 11th, 2010, 04:35 AM
Veteran
Good Morning Ladies,

Happy Monday! I am exploring Bradley class options versus Hypno-Babies and was curious to hear about your experience with either/both.

Do you think it is best to use just one or the combination of the two methods? There are not on-sight Bradley classes offered in my area so I was also wondering if anyone has done the online class route?

Thanks so much.
October 11th, 2010, 06:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I did the on site Bradley classes with my first and thought they were we great. They we very informative and I felt very informed when I went into labor. I never did hypno-babies, so someone maybe able to speak to it better than I, but there are certain fundemental differences. Bradley theorietically acknowledges that there is pain inherent in childbirth and gives you various coping mechinisms, hypno-babies seeks to eliminate pain from child-birth.

October 11th, 2010, 10:47 AM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would say pick one and do it, don't try to do both. They kind of have opposite view points. What Rachel said is right. Bradley recognizes there is pain involved but there are things you can do to reduce the pain and cope with the pain. Hypnobabies says that if you are in deep enough relaxation then you shouldn't experience pain. (In my twisted head it's the same thing, just symantics).

I personally liked Bradley better, but that's just how I work. I need the facts and then I can deal with the situation. But everyone processes info differently and there are plenty of people who LOVE HB.

P.S. I didn't know there was an online Bradley available. I think if you are a first time mom or first time NCB, it is VERY important to attend a class. But knowing how Bradley works I would bet that if they are offering that now it must be a quality program.

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
October 11th, 2010, 12:56 PM
Tiff802's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I did Hypnobabies with my last and I am doing it again with this one. I loved it so much. I agree with the others, you have to chose one and stick to it. Otherwise, you are not going to fully get either concept I believe. I took the Hypnobabies Home Study Course. I would go onto the Hypnobabies site and check it out before making a final decision. I think that both are great programs, it just depends on your personality. The founder of Hypnobabies actually use to be a Bradley instructor, just FYI. Hypnobabies is mostly about convincing your mind that childbirth can be painless and what you feel is pressure, it explains what is happening and why it's important to keep your body relaxed so it can do it's job. It teaches you to trust your body. It also teaches you different ways of getting through the pressure waves, breathing, different positions, visualizations, etc. Anyhow, enjoy whatever you choose!

Thank you for my beautiful siggy Vicki!

See my growing belly!

October 11th, 2010, 01:02 PM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
I did hypnobabies education during my pregnancy. I honestly didn't actively use it. Listening to a cd was the last thing i wanted to do. I was insanely active for my labor. I paced everywhere. Though i did find myself subconsiously chanting some of the scripts. Mostly in early labor, and during transition. Only worked when i when i was very still and concentration. It did help.

October 11th, 2010, 07:12 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
Hypnobabies! This is my birth story. (Sam's hypnobabies waterbirth)
And FYI, you aren't supposed to do Bradley with Hypnobabies.
October 12th, 2010, 05:08 AM
Veteran
Thank you ladies!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search