1st chiropractic appt today!

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 11th, 2010, 09:47 PM
horseradishmayo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
she was so awesome! i brought Sarah with me so she could get adjusted too, and we talked for a long time. we talked about both of our medical histories, and my previous pregnancy/labor/delivery. she's very into natural remedies, and we talked about natural ways to stay healthy this winter and avoid the flu, etc. she was very impressed that i am still nursing Sarah and we talked a little about vaccines (she does not vaccinate her kids!!). so, i pretty much love her and i am so happy that my dr. referred me to this place!
she adjusted both Sarah and I, and as soon as she was done Sarah wanted another. "can you please do dat adain? dat felt really drate"
she is going to see me weekly and Sarah monthly - unless she is sick....but i don't know how i am going to bring her with me and not get her adjusted since she loved it so much. and she said towards the end of my pregnancy she will most likely see me twice a week....but we are just going to play it by ear depending on how i feel.
so...yeah, i am happy!

Check out my etsy shop!
Crunchy Couture
use code JMMOMMY for free shipping in the US
October 12th, 2010, 06:03 AM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's great! Did she adjust you by hand? I need to get on finding a good chiro.

October 12th, 2010, 08:16 AM
she did, but she used this little pulse gun thingy on Sarah.

Check out my etsy shop!
Crunchy Couture
October 12th, 2010, 08:20 AM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds great! I still need to go... I should have gone while pregnant and I'm still hurtin' now 4 months PP.

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
October 13th, 2010, 07:16 AM
jamie7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's great! I went to a chiropractor last week b/c I had middle back pain and it was not a uti. She said I had a spasm. I did not like how she adjusted me (it scared me, I thought she was to rough). Maybe I just don't know how it is suppose to be while you are preg. Can I ask you a couple questions? She had me lay face down, the table did not lower nearly enough for my belly. A massage lady came in and rubbed me for about 5 mins the put heat on. After that the doc came in and adjusted my upper back while I was laying face down. Then I flipped over and she really renched on me. I had to put one leg bent over the other and she used her knee to push down on my bent leg (but she threw all her body weight onto my leg), nothing really happened so she did it again and then on the other side. I was just freaked out that she was hurting my babies so I cancelled my next appt. Sorry for highjacking your thread but just wanted to find out what a "normal" pregnancy visit at the chiropracter was like! Thanks so much!

OUR SWEET BEAUTIFUL BABIES ARE HERE! BRINLEE ANN AND LUCAS JONATHAN BORN 1/3/11 AT 8:54AM AND 8:55AM!
October 13th, 2010, 07:22 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
^^^ if you are not comfortable with her, find another!

LJ, my chiro just pretends to do Cadie when she doesn't need it
October 13th, 2010, 08:27 AM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Where's your chiro out of Cheryl? I wonder if my insurance would cover it in MA (I have no idea how insurance works). I'm going to see if my doc can give me a referral when I see her Tuesday.

October 13th, 2010, 09:06 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
I love my chiro!! He adjusts both me and CJ. My hips won't stay in, and he is doing CJ because he kept getting ear infections- hasn't had once since he's been adjusted.

Glad your appt went well!!

October 13th, 2010, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie7 View Post
That's great! I went to a chiropractor last week b/c I had middle back pain and it was not a uti. She said I had a spasm. I did not like how she adjusted me (it scared me, I thought she was to rough). Maybe I just don't know how it is suppose to be while you are preg. Can I ask you a couple questions? She had me lay face down, the table did not lower nearly enough for my belly. A massage lady came in and rubbed me for about 5 mins the put heat on. After that the doc came in and adjusted my upper back while I was laying face down. Then I flipped over and she really renched on me. I had to put one leg bent over the other and she used her knee to push down on my bent leg (but she threw all her body weight onto my leg), nothing really happened so she did it again and then on the other side. I was just freaked out that she was hurting my babies so I cancelled my next appt. Sorry for highjacking your thread but just wanted to find out what a "normal" pregnancy visit at the chiropracter was like! Thanks so much!

she gave me a belly pillow on lay on face down and told me if it wasn't enough that she could double up with another, but one seemed to be enough. then she lowered the table in front, but had it rise around hip level, which made it even more comfortable for my belly. then she adjusted my upper and mid back, and then i turned over on to my back and she adjusted my neck. we didn't do any massage or heat, but probably because i wasn't having any muscle spasms.
if you felt she was too rough i would definitely switch too!

Cheryl, that is a good idea, i'll just ask her to "pretend" on Sarah next time if it becomes an issue.

Check out my etsy shop!
Crunchy Couture
October 13th, 2010, 11:42 AM
Super Mommy
Jamie,
That sounds like a "normal," adjustment EXCEPT for the roughness part! If you are tense it does make it harder for them to adjust, but if the chiro wasn't concerned about you I would just find another one and make sure you talk about your concerns before they adjust you!! Make sure to speak up and tell them you need them to lower the table more for your belly!
I come from a chiropractic family, but they all live in IL and so I've had to find a new chiro.. the new guy was SO ROUGH I would start sweating when he went to adjust me!! lol... so now that I am pg I won't go to him. Now I have to find someone else QUICK! He was the first chiro out of many that I won't go back to. I hope you find someone.

October 13th, 2010, 12:39 PM
jamie7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for answering my questions!

OUR SWEET BEAUTIFUL BABIES ARE HERE! BRINLEE ANN AND LUCAS JONATHAN BORN 1/3/11 AT 8:54AM AND 8:55AM!
October 13th, 2010, 02:20 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
Monica, she is in Dedham, that would be quite a trek for you. she's fantastic though.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search