Are you lurking??

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 13th, 2010, 05:48 PM
MamaMandy's Avatar is it Spring yet??
Why are you lurking? Are you newly pregnant or TTC and exploring your options? Are you further along and not happy with your provider?

I'm a lurker, I guess! I think I've posted once or twice with questions but that might have been another board, I pop in and out of different ones. I'm Mandy, I have an amazing 6 year old daughter, baby Emily is due 11/14/10 and will hopefully be a VBAC delivery. I lurk because I love the philosophy and wisdom of NCB moms, and find my spirit is all for NCB...but unfortunately, my body & situation conflict with it so I feel I don't really belong. This was a very, very unplanned pregnancy and I just don't think my body/health will allow a true natural NCB. At this point, plain walking is pretty painful on my back and hips with my conditions. As I get closer to my due date, the hospital is revealing more and more of their "requirements" and I am so glad I've learned from these boards. I'm going for as intervention free as possible, so it's nice to hear yes, there are other moms like me and it's ok to say NO, I don't want you to do that to my baby or my body. I read a lot but don't really post.

Children are not little adults, but they ARE people too!

There's a reason they are called dependents...

AP is not alternative to those who see no other choice

http://helpguide.org/mental/parentin...t_disorder.htm

October 13th, 2010, 07:48 PM
~Caroline~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hello! I've been lurking on this board for a very long time, way before I got pregnant (TTC was very long).

I'm Caroline, I live in Montreal and I'm currently pregnant with my first child (a baby boy!). I'm really hoping for a NCB and I'm reading as much as I can about it. I'll be delivering in a hospital, but they're very open to NCB and I know several woman who had one there. I will admit though, that I'm a bit scared. I've never given birth before and as much as I want everything as natural as possible, I just don't know what to expect.

October 13th, 2010, 09:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I post sometimes, but mostly lurk. I am planning a hospital with as little intervention as possible. I am wanting to do hypnobabies, but I'm afraid that it's to late :-/. I have a friend that is trying to get her copy back from a friend so I can borrow it.

October 13th, 2010, 10:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by TanyaKM View Post
I'm a lurker and I'm not even pregnant yet! I just went off the BCP pill in September, and husband and I are TTC. I know for sure that I want a NCB, and so I just want to learn everything I can. I've already read Husband-Coached Childbirth and I'm now reading Birthing from Within... I'm probably way ahead of myself but I want to be prepared!!
Good luck with TTC! I joined the NCB girls when we started TTC two years ago. After quite a journey - here we are - finally on my way to a NCB. The girls here have been amazing, and made me feel "at home" even though I was in the TTC process!

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
October 14th, 2010, 07:50 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
I can't believe all the Montreal ladies we have had lately around here! 4, which is a lot more than the zero before!

I'm originally from Montreal but live in the states now. One of my oldest and bestest buddies is on this board, Kathie (Kathode) and she lives outside the city.
October 14th, 2010, 10:22 AM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kallisti View Post
I am a long time lurker who actually just signed up (this is my first post...). I have been reading the forums since I was about 4 months pregnant but never participated because I am a slacker like that! But I really have learned a lot through the discussions even though I haven't been apart of them.

I had my first baby in June with the help of a midwife at a small hospital. I always knew I was going to have a natural birth just because I felt that if other women could do it so could I. I had an awesome experience. I labored at home for most of it and got to the hospital at 9cm (of course surprised about that!) and had the baby less than 3 hours later. I am really interested in having a home birth next time (if I cant talk my husband into it).

I have realized that so many people focus of the negatives of birth so when people ask me about mine and I tell them how great it was and make jokes about it they always say things like they have never heard a woman say things like that before about having a baby.
Congrats on your new LO!! When in June did you give birth? My DD Kate was June 1st and Cheryl (the other host) her DD was the 7th I believe! I hope you stay and share your experience and knowledge with us and others planning a NCB!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanyaKM View Post
I'm a lurker and I'm not even pregnant yet! I just went off the BCP pill in September, and husband and I are TTC. I know for sure that I want a NCB, and so I just want to learn everything I can. I've already read Husband-Coached Childbirth and I'm now reading Birthing from Within... I'm probably way ahead of myself but I want to be prepared!!
I think it's great you are starting early! Gives your plenty of time to learn and make the right decisions for yourself, instead of waiting until your due date is around the corner and your too tired to care! Good luck TTC and hope to see you stick around!

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
October 14th, 2010, 10:29 AM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaMandy View Post
I'm a lurker, I guess! I think I've posted once or twice with questions but that might have been another board, I pop in and out of different ones. I'm Mandy, I have an amazing 6 year old daughter, baby Emily is due 11/14/10 and will hopefully be a VBAC delivery. I lurk because I love the philosophy and wisdom of NCB moms, and find my spirit is all for NCB...but unfortunately, my body & situation conflict with it so I feel I don't really belong. This was a very, very unplanned pregnancy and I just don't think my body/health will allow a true natural NCB. At this point, plain walking is pretty painful on my back and hips with my conditions. As I get closer to my due date, the hospital is revealing more and more of their "requirements" and I am so glad I've learned from these boards. I'm going for as intervention free as possible, so it's nice to hear yes, there are other moms like me and it's ok to say NO, I don't want you to do that to my baby or my body. I read a lot but don't really post.
I'm happy to hear that you lurk and gain some knowledge! It's nice to have a place to go where you feel others relate to you. Don't feel left out, there are plenty of us that didn't get the best intervention free birth that we hoped for, but we tried and learned from it! You should come out of lurking and join us more!

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
October 14th, 2010, 08:09 PM
Wednesday's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm an admitted lurker.

My name is Amanda, and I'm the mom to a 3 year old little boy with a baby girl expected this February. When I had my son, it didn't even occur to me to consider NCB. I didn't think I would be capable of handling the pain, and decided to go with a typical OB birth in the hospital. Well, that experience proved to be somewhat of a nightmare. I had an epidural which hurt more going in than the contractions I was having. When they discouvered baby was posterior, they decided to turn him around with forceps (ouch!), gave me 3rd degree epi, and yanked him out with a vacuum. After all that, I ended up needed an emergency D&C as I had begun to hemmorage and needed my placenta removed manually. Not good at all! Long story short, I began researching birthing options after that. This time I have chosen a midwife, and although I wish I could have a home birth, my previous birth prevents that from happening. I am able to labour at home for as long as I'd like though, and only have to stay in the hospital for 3 hours after DD is born if everything goes well.

Sorry that was so long!!

October 15th, 2010, 08:01 AM
April, it is not too late! You really don't want to start hypnobabies before 30ish weeks anyway, or even a bit later.
October 15th, 2010, 09:10 AM
SavaAngel's Avatar Mama to AJ & Katie
Send a message via AIM to SavaAngel Send a message via Yahoo to SavaAngel
I lurk too - I am 31 weeks pregnant with #2. Planning a NCB in the hospital. Praying everything works out. If I go over my edd by a week the doctor will induce. I am hoping that doesn't happen - for a few reasons (a week after my edd is Christmas Eve - I don't want that birth date for my baby). Gonna start doing everything I can to urge labor on once I hit about 38-39 wks.

I will start weekly NST's around 35/36 wks because I have been diagnosed with Pemphigoid gestationis.

AJ (age 7) & Katie (age 2.5)
PM to see if I am available to make a siggy - decisions will be made on a case by case basis.

Katie's: BELLY PICS~ U/S PICS

October 15th, 2010, 01:27 PM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
I lurk- but also post. I was here with my last baby, did not get my full natural birth I wanted. This time I really am hoping I can!

October 15th, 2010, 02:35 PM
yeahokay31's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been lurking since watching the Business of Being Born two weekends ago.

I'm Ness, 24 weeks pregnant with my first, a complete surprise baby. Was really hoping for NCB but being high risk (gestational hypertension & a blood clot in the placenta @ 17 weeks) I don't know what will happen.

But anyways, hi everyone! Your stories are so inspirational! Hope to be more active in the future.

October 15th, 2010, 06:24 PM
us_four's Avatar Kristian... mommy of 2!!!
my name is kristian and i am 28 weeks pregnant. i really want to have a natural childbirth also a VBAC. i am so confident that i can do this! im just lurking to get extra info and also to read some experiences that some of the ladies have been through to see what i might expect.

October 15th, 2010, 06:57 PM
Super Mommy
i have been lurking a lot since Dash was born.

my name is kaitlyn and i have a 3.5yo who was born in the hospital with an epidural and an almost 7 week old who was born drug-free in the water at a free-standing birth center. i also used hypnobabies.
October 15th, 2010, 09:01 PM
miss you Kaitlyn!
October 15th, 2010, 10:41 PM
MissusF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lurker here! I'm Melissa, DH and I are WTTC our first until February. I'm really hoping to have a home birth, so I've been reading some of the posts here.

October 16th, 2010, 12:48 AM
Libby22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey Im Libby 24 weeks pregnant with my 1st. due feb 1st. Im just exploring your options

Af came Jan 14 weds nz time, cycle Few more cycles and then I will give up ttc
October 16th, 2010, 03:34 PM
4seasons's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I lurk here from time to time since I was lucky enough to have a smooth natural water birth after a stressful hospital birth. I love the philosophy of NCB, and enjoy reading about different topics relating to that. I'm hoping to have a repeat NCB experience for this last baby...

October 16th, 2010, 03:38 PM
Super Mommy
I've introduced myself on this board before. I mainly lurk, as I know nothing about NCB (yet)! But I really appreciate all of you sharing your stories and advice. It's a huge inspiration to me!

October 16th, 2010, 05:16 PM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
Lurker. I tend to only post on NCB and Homebirth boards when I'm actually pregnant. Not TTC right now, maybe in a year or so but I like to check in from time to time to see what's going on.

I almost had a NCB with dd1 and had a homebirth with dd2.

I tend to research pregnancy and birth heavily each time I'm pregnant, then as soon as the baby is born I just tuck it away in the back of my brain and forget a lot of "factual/statistical" information until I'm pregnant again, even though I can see something and be like "oh you don't need to do ____" but can't remember why I don't even know if that made sense...

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search