Are you lurking??

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 12th, 2010, 10:45 AM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Why are you lurking? Are you newly pregnant or TTC and exploring your options? Are you further along and not happy with your provider?

Come introduce yourself!

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
October 12th, 2010, 01:37 PM
FusionGirl's Avatar Formerly TTC#1inNC
I am sort of a lurker. I have introduced myself before (I just changed my username, I used to be TTC#1inNC) but I don't post that often but lurk a lot. I am planning on a NCB, I am due in April and currently reading the Husband Coached Childbirth.
October 12th, 2010, 01:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have to admit that I LOL'd a little when I read this post. It really sounded like a commercial!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FusionGirl View Post
I am sort of a lurker. I have introduced myself before (I just changed my username, I used to be TTC#1inNC) but I don't post that often but lurk a lot. I am planning on a NCB, I am due in April and currently reading the Husband Coached Childbirth.
How do you like that book? I just got it in the mail from Amazon and haven't started it yet.

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
October 12th, 2010, 02:05 PM
FusionGirl's Avatar Formerly TTC#1inNC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer8080 View Post
I have to admit that I LOL'd a little when I read this post. It really sounded like a commercial!

How do you like that book? I just got it in the mail from Amazon and haven't started it yet.
I REALLY like it so far, it kind of cemented my decision for NCB. He echoes my thoughts when he says that childbirth is what our bodies are meant to do and that we are advised against taking so many things while pregnant but then you go into labor and it suddenly ok to get all these pain meds? He also talks about the difference between babies born to medicated and non-medicated moms.
October 12th, 2010, 02:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I REALLY like it so far, it kind of cemented my decision for NCB. He echoes my thoughts when he says that childbirth is what our bodies are meant to do and that we are advised against taking so many things while pregnant but then you go into labor and it suddenly ok to get all these pain meds? He also talks about the difference between babies born to medicated and non-medicated moms.
I'm glad to hear it! I'm hoping to start reading it this week. I read Birthing from Within and that was just a little too "out there" for my style. It had some good information, but it just wasn't me at all!

Life As We Know It
October 12th, 2010, 03:44 PM
beckiethedoula's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm lurking... I had a hospital NCB with DS#2 and I'm planning a home birth for #3! I'm such a geek for everything pregnancy and birth....

October 12th, 2010, 04:02 PM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I think that's my fav part! When he describes when nurses who came on shift could pick out the babies whos moms used meds and those who didn't!

I hope you participate and join us more!! You should sign up for the Mommy of the Week!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckiethedoula View Post
I'm lurking... I had a hospital NCB with DS#2 and I'm planning a home birth for #3! I'm such a geek for everything pregnancy and birth....
to everything! I had two NCBs in a hospital and had a home birth for my third! I have to say all my kids births were special but the home birth was extra specoal. It just felt so right and normal and comfortable! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

You should also sign up for the MOTW! We would love to get to know you better!

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
October 12th, 2010, 04:59 PM
HeatherLyn429's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to HeatherLyn429
I reply sometimes, been lurking alot lately Honestly don't know if I ever introduced myself or not, LOL

If not, hi I'm Heather! Pregnant with baby #6 and planning an un-medicated midwife assisted hospital water-birth.

Oh, and my 5th VBAC
and introducing my new baby princess Penelope Kate born 3/18/14 5:35am 9lbs 5oz 22"
October 12th, 2010, 05:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mom of 4 Js
I mostly lurke, but I was a regular poster with my last pregnancy! I am trying to jump back in again!

My name is Melissa, my last birth was a NCB in a hospital with a MW using hypnobabies and we are planning a home birth this time!
Jordan 7/28/06, Jason 7/17/07, Jacob 5/23/09,
& Jillian 6/13/11 born at home in the water

October 12th, 2010, 05:39 PM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
I lurk because I"m too busy to post LOL. maybe once I get pg again I'll post more...

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

October 12th, 2010, 06:01 PM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer8080 View Post
I read Birthing from Within and that was just a little too "out there" for my style. It had some good information, but it just wasn't me at all!
I felt the same way! I didn't connect with it the way I did with some other books.

October 12th, 2010, 06:28 PM
New_England_Girl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I lurk mostly

I'm sure I'll post more when the next pregnancy comes along. I'm Sara, and I've had 2 hospital NCB's with no doula...just me, DH, and the midwife.

Married to my best friend for a decade.
Mom to:

Cassidy, 6.5 yrs. Born 10/23/07, 7 pounds 10 ounces, 20 in.

Joel, 4.75 yrs. Born 6/23/09, 9 pounds 12 ounces, 21 in.

Timothy, 2 yrs. Born 3/20/12, 9 pounds 4 ounces, 22.5 in.

October 12th, 2010, 08:32 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
Birthing from within was out there even for me, and I'm pretty "out there" friendly. I just think the way the book starts off is specifically for women with birth trauma, but it doesn't really explain that. Also for someone who has never given birth before, that can be pretty scary to read. It does have some great info though, I remember liking it a lot about half way through.

to all you lurkers, please become posters!
October 12th, 2010, 08:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by moon~maiden View Post
Birthing from within was out there even for me, and I'm pretty "out there" friendly. I just think the way the book starts off is specifically for women with birth trauma, but it doesn't really explain that. Also for someone who has never given birth before, that can be pretty scary to read. It does have some great info though, I remember liking it a lot about half way through.
That's about when I started finding some of it useful! Like you said, it really doesn't explain it, but it does make sense that it would be targeted for someone with birth trauma. I was reading it and I just kept telling DH that I was not about to break out the paper and clay and start working on my birth art!

Life As We Know It
October 13th, 2010, 07:45 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
they should have put the beginning of the book at the end
October 13th, 2010, 01:32 PM
azaelia's Avatar Veteran
Lurker here I'm Amy, I'm 37 weeks pregnant and planning a NCB in a hospital with midwives. I've read Husband Coached Childbirth, Ina May's Guide to Childbirth, The Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth, Your Best Birth, Gentle Birth and seen The Business of Being Born at least 5-6 times I'm like a sponge for ANYTHING remotely childbirth related.

I just found out I'm GBS positive, so that's kinda throwing a monkey wrench in my plans for a completely intervention-free birth

October 13th, 2010, 03:25 PM
greeneyes's Avatar <-- Just do it.
I've introduced myself before but have been mostly lurking recently. My hubby is Air Force and we just moved the whole family across half the country and I feel like I'm still recovering from all of that.

Hopefully I'll get out of my funk and get to posting again soon!

October 13th, 2010, 04:53 PM
oriel13's Avatar Tishauna
I mostly lurk now, but was more active while pregnant.

October 13th, 2010, 05:15 PM
I am a long time lurker who actually just signed up (this is my first post...). I have been reading the forums since I was about 4 months pregnant but never participated because I am a slacker like that! But I really have learned a lot through the discussions even though I haven't been apart of them.

I had my first baby in June with the help of a midwife at a small hospital. I always knew I was going to have a natural birth just because I felt that if other women could do it so could I. I had an awesome experience. I labored at home for most of it and got to the hospital at 9cm (of course surprised about that!) and had the baby less than 3 hours later. I am really interested in having a home birth next time (if I cant talk my husband into it).

I have realized that so many people focus of the negatives of birth so when people ask me about mine and I tell them how great it was and make jokes about it they always say things like they have never heard a woman say things like that before about having a baby.
October 13th, 2010, 05:19 PM
I'm a lurker and I'm not even pregnant yet! I just went off the BCP pill in September, and husband and I are TTC. I know for sure that I want a NCB, and so I just want to learn everything I can. I've already read Husband-Coached Childbirth and I'm now reading Birthing from Within... I'm probably way ahead of myself but I want to be prepared!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search