holy back pain

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 13th, 2010, 09:14 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've never had "back pain" in my life per say. I have some pain in my left shoulder almost constantly from falling off a horse, but once my chiro can get my ribs back in line that should go away..but anyway, the past 2 days my back has been absolutely KILLING me...from the time I wake up, til I fall asleep...I can barely sit, the car is awful..I just want to lay on my side on the couch..poor Brylie

Anyway, I can't go to the chiropractor until Harvest is over (2-3w) because I can't go alone - and Sam can't come (Unless we get a rainy day) to help with Bry, and I don't have anyone to leave her with.

Any suggestions what I can do until I can get to the chiro? I have not taken any tylenol or anything..I try to avoid anything like that, esp in the first trimester...i don't think it's our bed, it's brand new and Sam just flipped the mattress a week ago...our bed feels like heaven to me actually..

anyway, suggestions? tips?

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
October 13th, 2010, 09:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have horrible horrible back pain. I've been using one of those rice packs, and taking warm baths. My Midwife suggested using epsom salts in the bath and that has helped a little as well. I don't like taking any medication either, and Tylenol doesn't even touch the back pain, so it's like why bother. Also, try to sleep with a pillow between your knees, if you don't already. My doula also suggested sitting on a birth ball, rather than the couch, chair, etc. I never thought about it this early in pregnancy, but that has helped a little as well.

Back pain is miserable! I hope you feel better soon.

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
October 13th, 2010, 10:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'd check out some of the pre-natal yoga and work-out videos. I had back pain (awful!) with Avery, not at all with Ethan. I think it's likely because my core muscles were not as strong the second time around. The previous pregnancy, Ethan was just over (maybe 2 weeks) 1 year when I got preggo with Avery, & I think the weakend core muscles were what caused the back pain for me.
October 14th, 2010, 06:58 AM
MamaMandy's Avatar is it Spring yet??
Strange but true, sitting is one of the most stressful things on your back. Go figure! Alternatging positions helps - make sure you are not sitting OR standing for too long. For me, it's about 15 minutes max til I need to switch it up. If you are standing cooking or doing dishes or whatever, it can help to put one foot up on a low stool. Good posture helps, if you can do it - I usually sit cockeyed though because it feels better. If the pain is in your low back, try tailbone tucks: bend your knees slightly with your legs shoulder width apart. Think of your hips like a hinge, and "swing/tuck" the hinge forward. Like a butt tuck! When you do this, it takes pressure off your lower back. I do it throughout the day when I remember, for a couple minutes. The icy hot/BenGay rubs help me more than tylenol & are safe in pregnancy, or you can try either heat or ice, or alternate the two. I feel your pain and hope it lets up soon for you!

Children are not little adults, but they ARE people too!

There's a reason they are called dependents...

AP is not alternative to those who see no other choice

http://helpguide.org/mental/parentin...t_disorder.htm

October 14th, 2010, 11:31 AM
Good posture is also important. Colliton says physicians should teach women the neutral spine
posture -- which neutralizes the swayback posture many women develop. If a person has to stand or sit for long periods of time, stepping or resting one foot on a low stool relaxes pelvic muscles and helps decrease the strain on the spine.
October 14th, 2010, 11:45 AM
FusionGirl's Avatar Formerly TTC#1inNC
Tylenold doesn't help back pain at all. I have had my spine fused and the past few weeks have been dealing with low back pain, it got so bad yesterday where it was spasming on me, that I called and made a physical therapy appointment for next week. Stretching and heat make it worse and I tried ice for the first time last night. I notice it hurts more after sitting on the couch so last night I started sitting in the recliner.

Always try to have your lower back supported. Hold in your abs throughout the day to support your back. Use a pillow when you sit down. Try heat and if that doesn't work try ice. GL, I know back pain can be a real b****.
October 14th, 2010, 01:02 PM
I have pretty good posture, I think. I was a competitive dancer for 14 years..posture was key ...I have spent way too much time on the couch lately though. I got my birth ball inflated this morning and am going to start using that more When I don't have to fight Brylie for it!

Thanks for all the suggestions ladies!

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
Hospital water birth
October 14th, 2010, 06:04 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
hope you feel better soon!
October 14th, 2010, 06:58 PM
Tiff802's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope you feel better soon too! My chiropractor is very child friendly and I can take my boys by myself with no problem. They encourage me too and one of the ladies comes in the room to play with them and they have a ton of toys there too. Maybe you can ask your chiropractor?

Thank you for my beautiful siggy Vicki!

See my growing belly!

October 14th, 2010, 08:36 PM
we live in a very, very small community - our chiro is the only person in her office. she is fine with brylie being in there, but i just can't relax when Bry is just running around and getting into everything, pushing the buttons on the bed, etc. etc. it's very frustrating for me

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
Hospital water birth

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search