Chiropractic Offices - Kinda venting lol

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 18th, 2010, 02:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Okay - I'm only posting this because this has happened 3 weeks in a row and I'm starting to get really frustrated.

I see the Massage Therapist and then get my adjustment from the Chiropractor. This is how my appointments are scheduled EVERY week. For the past three weeks, I've finished with my massage and had to wait over an hour for my adjustment!!! Seriously, an adjustment takes all of what - 3 minutes? I looked at the sign in sheet today while I was paying and in the 1 hour that I was getting my massage they had 25 patients come in!

I mentioned when I was booking my appointment, that I'd gladly come in at a different time if there would be less of a wait and the lady rolled her eyes at me and told me that there's no way of knowing and that he always runs behind.

If it was any other doctor, I'd just switch. But of course, they happen to be 1.2 miles from my house and the Chiropractor of choice from my Midwives. It just seems ridiculous to have to wait so long!

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
October 18th, 2010, 05:21 PM
PixieQueen's Avatar Hi-Tech Hippie
Send a message via Yahoo to PixieQueen
I understand more patients=more $$, but he's going to start losing them if he keeps it up! If he knows he's going to run so far behind, maybe he should space his patients out a little more.

October 18th, 2010, 05:25 PM
Tiff802's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh wow, that would make me angry too!

Thank you for my beautiful siggy Vicki!

See my growing belly!

October 18th, 2010, 05:31 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
that's really ridiculous! i would be really upset if that happened

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
October 18th, 2010, 06:45 PM
horseradishmayo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
that is very ridiculous! my chiro guarantees that she will see each patient with 10 minutes of their appt time. are you sure you can't switch?

Check out my etsy shop!
Crunchy Couture
use code JMMOMMY for free shipping in the US

Last edited by horseradishmayo; October 18th, 2010 at 06:48 PM.
October 19th, 2010, 07:04 AM
BTW, I have a sort of off topic question for you. So, when you get your massage there, at the chiropractor's office, do you tip them? I will be getting one soon and have no idea if I'm supposed to tip them or not, lol.

See my growing belly!

October 19th, 2010, 09:09 AM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ooh that would tick me off! Especially the eye roll she gave you!

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
October 19th, 2010, 01:08 PM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
I'd be ticked too.

But feeling jipped, I don't get a massage when I go to the chiropractor.

October 19th, 2010, 02:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiff802 View Post
BTW, I have a sort of off topic question for you. So, when you get your massage there, at the chiropractor's office, do you tip them? I will be getting one soon and have no idea if I'm supposed to tip them or not, lol.
No, I've never tipped her, and I've never seen anyone else do it either. I used to work in a few chiropractic offices and our MTs never got tipped either. IMO, it's a completely different scenario than when you go to a spa or massage place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *SamF* View Post

But feeling jipped, I don't get a massage when I go to the chiropractor.
LOL! I'm not used to this either. DH has REALLY good insurance, and it covers 25 massages a year. Since I just picked it up in June, and didn't start chiropractic until September...that gets me a whole lot of massages before the end of the year!

Life As We Know It
October 19th, 2010, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer8080 View Post
No, I've never tipped her, and I've never seen anyone else do it either. I used to work in a few chiropractic offices and our MTs never got tipped either. IMO, it's a completely different scenario than when you go to a spa or massage place.
That was what I figured, but didn't want to be a jerk if that happened to be the norm. LOL Thanks!

See my growing belly!

October 19th, 2010, 03:32 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiff802 View Post
generally in that type of setting it is not customary to tip.

October 19th, 2010, 06:39 PM
Caelen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so jealous that your insurance pays for massages!!!!! I got a few massages done with my first pregnancy and ohh it was wonderful. Now I'm in a different area and we don't have any massage places.

I think your situation would aggrivate me as well. And it adds insult to injury that she rolled her eyes at you. I think it would have sufficed to say "I'm sorry, he always runs late. There's not really a better time."

Stay at home mom to two:
Jacob 03/17/2009
Benjamin 03/18/2011
October 20th, 2010, 12:23 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
sounds like the eye roll was meant to be about the doc always taking so long, not about you asking. As for your midwives recommending this doc, why do they? could be some random reason, not because he/she is the best.
October 20th, 2010, 01:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by moon~maiden View Post
sounds like the eye roll was meant to be about the doc always taking so long, not about you asking. As for your midwives recommending this doc, why do they? could be some random reason, not because he/she is the best.
It very well could have been...it was just frustrating! They suggest him because he has so much experience and training working with pregnant women and newborns. The two doulas that I interviewed also suggested him...so I really do think he's the best option. It just sucks that he's always so behind!

Life As We Know It

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search