*AmandaEliz* is our first ~MOTW~!!

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 19th, 2010, 09:37 AM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Let's start asking her questions so we can get to know her better!!

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
October 19th, 2010, 10:02 AM
How old were you when you became a mom?

How many children do you want?

October 19th, 2010, 12:07 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
What made you join the military? Did you always want to do that?

How do you feel about being a cops wife?
October 19th, 2010, 12:48 PM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
What furbabies do you have?

What did you want to be when you were little?

October 19th, 2010, 01:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
How old were you when you became a mom? I was 28 when Ethan was born.

How many children do you want? Avery is most likely our last. Sometimes I think about another, but unless #3 is a HUGE surprise, I doubt it will happen.

What made you join the military? Did you always want to do that? September 11th happened my senior year in college; I enlisted not too long after that, but didn't leave for Basic Training until after I graduated. I had considered it prior, but Sept 11th cemented the idea in my head. I knew what field I wanted to go into & the Army had the best training & most opportunities to do what I wanted to do. There's a lot of military in my family. Both of my uncles were in the military during Vietnam. A great uncle fought on Iwo Jima, etc. I am the only one in my generation who has served though.

How do you feel about being a cops wife? I'm really proud of my husband. He works very hard in a thankless field. He's very good at leaving work at work, so I'm pretty lucky there... not all cops can do that. Knowing his work is dangerous is hard, but it's something I can't focus on or I'd go nuts. He was a Marine before he was a cop, so I guess it's always been a way of life for us. I've gotten used to the "hyper-vigilance". Mike likes to sit facing the door in restaurants. He always takes note of how many people are in a room, where the exits are, etc & he doesn't even realize he's doing it. He's always very aware of our surroundings & misses very little.

What did you want to be when you were little? When I was very little, I wanted to be a country singer. Then after a trip to the Baltimore Aquarium I wanted to be a dolphin trainer. Turns out science wasn't my forte. Then I wanted to be a lawyer for a long time. From middle school until I worked at the Philly DA's office in college & realized it just wasn't for me.

What furbabies do you have? I have 2 boxers. Zoey is a fawn & 6 years old. Daisy is white & she's 3. This pic is of me w/ the dogs 2+ years ago.
October 19th, 2010, 01:54 PM
Tiki's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do you dye your hair?
What is your guilty pleasure? (Food)
What colour are your sheets on your bed right now?

The belief that there is only one truth and that oneself is in possession of it seems to me the
deepest root of all evil that is in the world.”
— German physicist Max Born
Like Bear Moon on Facebook
October 19th, 2010, 02:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
What countries have you been to?

Favorite vacation spot?

Favorite holiday?

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
October 19th, 2010, 03:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Do you dye your hair? Yep. Just like my Mom, I started going gray in my early 20ies. I dye it as close to natural as possible. I always really liked my hair color.

What is your guilty pleasure? (Food) Most anything chocolate. I really, really love truffles. Mom gets me some from a family-owned candy story in my home town for Easter every year.

What colour are your sheets on your bed right now? Tan... pretty boring, huh?

What countries have you been to? The Bahamas, Ireland, Northern Ireland, Bermuda, Japan & Afghanistan.

Favorite vacation spot? For regular vacations, Myrtle Beach. My parents have a condo in Surf Side & it's a lot quieter than Myrtle. My favorite place I've ever been on vacation is Bermuda. We went there on a cruise & it was beautiful. I'm a beach bum at heart.

Favorite holiday? I like most of the big ones because of the family get-togethers. I'm really close to my family & love the big family events. I really love the 4th of July though. It's a summer holiday & we always throw a big cook-out. Lots of good food, friends & of course fireworks. I was really hoping Avery would be a 4th of July baby, but she decided the 14th was better. I'll just buy some extra fireworks & we'll have fireworks for her birthday, too!
October 19th, 2010, 03:50 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1. Where is one place in the world you would LOVE to go?
2. Are your babes named after anyone?
3. Who has been the easier baby - the boy or the girl?

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
October 20th, 2010, 10:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Where is one place in the world you would LOVE to go? I would love to see Germany (especially Bavaria) around Christmas time. Their Christmas villages are supposed to be beautiful & I want a real, wooden nutcracker.

Are your babes named after anyone? Middle names are. Ethan's middle name is Michael (my hubby). It's kind of a tradition in Mike's family. Mike has his Dad's name as a middle name, Mike's Dad has Mike's grandfather's name as a middle name, etc. Avery's middle name is Kathleen after my childhood best friend. She was killed in a car accident when we were 19 & I've always said my 1st daughter would be named after her. Her cousin, who also introduced me & Mike, is Avery's god-father. Mike & I decided when I was preggo with Ethan that we were going to choose 1st names we loved & then pick middle names that were special to us.

Who has been the easier baby - the boy or the girl? So far, Avery. Ask me again when she's 18!
October 20th, 2010, 11:02 AM
FusionGirl's Avatar Formerly TTC#1inNC
I love the pic of you with your dogs!

What is your favorite place to vacation?

What would you do if you won a millions dollars?
October 20th, 2010, 11:12 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
Where is your favorite place to go out to eat?

If you were to have another baby (the big surprise) would you wish for a boy or girl?

October 20th, 2010, 12:14 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Bavaria during Christmas is spectacular! I went as a child

What's your favorite thing to wear?

What's your favorite book?
October 20th, 2010, 12:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by FusionGirl View Post
I love the pic of you with your dogs!
Thanks! Zoey (the brown one) was my baby long before Ethan came along. Mike has mainly worked nights since we've been married, so Zoe & I have spent a lot of evenings watching chick-flicks & eating popcorn together. Daisy we kinda acquired... Mike was on a call, her breeders had called the police because someone broke their window. He started talking to them & found out they were going to take her to the pound (because she's white). He asked them to hold off, drug me over there the next day. I couldn't say 'no' to that cute little face. Yeah, I got played & I know it.

What is your favorite place to vacation? I like Myrtle Beach a lot. I loved Bermuda, but that's a little expensive for a yearly trip. My hubby isn't a big beach person though, so I have to compromise. We're taking the kids to Great Wolf Lodge in Williamsburg in May, so I'm looking forward to that.

What would you do if you won a millions dollars? First I would pay-off my house & cars. Then I could stay home with my kiddos. I'd probably put enough away to pay for both kids' college... then we'd enjoy whatever was left over.

Where is your favorite place to go out to eat? Going out to eat? What's that? Or at least it seems that way since we had kids. There's a little Italian place close to where Mike works that is AWESOME. That's probably my very favorite. It's definitely not a place I would take the kids, but is great for date night.

If you were to have another baby (the big surprise) would you wish for a boy or girl? That's a tough one since we have one of each. We also probably would've already gotten rid of our baby stuff, so that wouldn't matter. I think probably another boy; I kinda like the idea of Avery being my only little princess. I think I would probably try to talk Mike into keeping the sex a surprise if we did have another.
October 20th, 2010, 12:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
What's your favorite thing to wear? I'm definitely a jeans kind of girl. It's getting chilly now, so jeans & a snuggly sweater.

What's your favorite book? Wow! That's really a tough one. I read a lot, both fiction & non-fiction. Well, used to, not quite as much now. I read "A Farewell to Arms" in college & have always loved that book. It's so sad though, I don't read it often. I also love the Chronicles of Narnia; that's one I hope both Ethan & Avery read. The books I've read the most frequently are the Harry Potter series. I enjoy them every time because I always find details & clues I missed the last time I read them. So, I guess those are my 15 favorite books.
October 20th, 2010, 02:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
If you could live anywhere, where would it be?

Favorite room in your house?

Favorite hobby (even if you don't have time for it now!)?

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
October 20th, 2010, 07:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
If you could live anywhere, where would it be? After being all over the place in the Army & a Marine wife... my home town. I'd like to move back to Lancaster to be closer to our families. I never thought I'd say that, but now that I have kids its different. Unfortunately, there's no work for me in Lancaster & Mike hates the way law enforcement works in PA.

Favorite room in your house? Probably my kitchen. It's definitely the heart of my house; we spend a lot of time sitting at the island. My family is one of thoese families that spends all of it's time in the kitchen... it doesn't matter how much house you have, everyone ends up getting in the cook's way!

Favorite hobby (even if you don't have time for it now!)? I like to scrapbook, but I tend to reserve that for the winter. I also like to hike, we have a few good parks around here & hope to start again when Ethan gets a bit older. I used to like to camp until the Army. I spent way too much time in a tent in the woods... it's kinda lost its appeal. I will, of course, go if Ethan and/or Avery wants to.
October 21st, 2010, 08:42 AM
What did you want to be when you grew up?

What is your favorite meal to prepare? To eat?

October 22nd, 2010, 06:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
What did you want to be when you grew up? When I was very little, I wanted to be a country singer. Then after a trip to the Baltimore Aquarium I wanted to be a dolphin trainer. Turns out science wasn't my forte. Then I wanted to be a lawyer for a long time. From middle school until I worked at the Philly DA's office in college & realized it just wasn't for me.

What is your favorite meal to prepare? To eat? I love to eat anything Italian. Mmmmm. I also like to eat things I don't have to make! My hubby makes flat iron steaks on the grill & they are wonderful. I have a great recipe for pasta fagoli & its one of my favorites to make. Mom found the recipe somewhere & we've been modifying it for several years now. I love the way the house smells when it's cooking & it's great on a cold day with some garlic bread.
October 22nd, 2010, 07:24 AM
What are one or two interesting facts about yourself that we don't already know??

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search