Feel like i'm going backwards (vent)

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 21st, 2010, 10:02 AM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
I felt really fantastic after my birth. I healed quickly, and was up and running around and had visitors over, was perky positive etc. Last friday i started to have uti type symptoms and was put on antibiotics... and then the culture came back negative. I continued to feel progressively worse, starting with cramping and back pain. I called my ob and made an appt. Before i could even make it there, i started bleeding a lot and then passed a good size piece of placenta. My ob got me in immediatley and checked me out. She thinks that i have passed everything.

While the horrendous physical symptoms have passed. I feel like i'm recovering all over again. Easily winded, extremely tired, and crazily hormonal. I suddenly can't stand people, and fly into a crying rage at DH for little piddly things. On top of all that, Teddy i believe is reacting to the antibiotics and having diarrhea. His poor bottom is so red and i have to change him every 1-2 hours.

I want to enjoy his babyhood, but i'm already wanting to fast forward a week to just feel better.

October 21st, 2010, 10:28 AM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
HUGS! That's really rough. As if going through one recovery isn't emotional enough. Don't feel bad if you need some time to yourself and hold off on visitors.

Can you get out of the house for a little bit without DH or Teddy for coffee or do something for you? Will DH take over diaper duty for a little bit for you? Make sure you're eating and getting plenty of rest, too.

I had so many of those moments where I just wanted to be past the phase we were in. It's hard not to feel guilty about it, but I think every mom goes through that. Looking back, it's crazy how those moments seem like just a blip, when it felt like they would never end at the time.

October 21st, 2010, 10:43 AM
jamie7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have no experience (yet) with this but I just wanted to say I am sorry you are feeling like this. I hope you feel better and you can enjoy your little boy without being in pain.

OUR SWEET BEAUTIFUL BABIES ARE HERE! BRINLEE ANN AND LUCAS JONATHAN BORN 1/3/11 AT 8:54AM AND 8:55AM!
October 21st, 2010, 12:02 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
oh man...why are so many women passing placenta after birth? You are the third on this board in the past few months. That worries me a lot.

Please be careful with antibiotics when nursing. Thrush is a very common side effect. I would get both of you on probiotics ASAP. You can take it yourself and put some on your nipple before feeding Teddy. The rash does sound like a reaction.

I hope you feel better soon. The hormonal crash is very tough after giving birth. It's such a fast change your body has to deal with, one day you are pregnant and then boom, you're not. I was a mess after I had Cadie for about a month. With Vivian it was so much easier since I encapsulated the placenta. Try to get out a bit and make sure you are doing some things for yourself too.
October 21st, 2010, 12:20 PM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
Quote:
Originally Posted by moon~maiden View Post
Please be careful with antibiotics when nursing. Thrush is a very common side effect. I would get both of you on probiotics ASAP. You can take it yourself and put some on your nipple before feeding Teddy. The rash does sound like a reaction.
I've been taking probiotics in capsule form and eating yogurt myself, but what can i do for teddy?

October 21st, 2010, 01:35 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
get infant powdered probiotics and put them on your nipple at every feeding.
October 21st, 2010, 02:45 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope you feel better soon, Alice

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
October 21st, 2010, 03:25 PM
Caelen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have no experience with those kind of symptoms either, but wanted to say that I hope you can fully recover this time. That's a lot to go through and you shouldn't feel guilty for wanting to feel better! I think we all go through those phases of "please let me fast foward" every once in a while. I know I certainly have.

Feel better soon

Stay at home mom to two:
Jacob 03/17/2009
Benjamin 03/18/2011
October 21st, 2010, 05:09 PM
niknok's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to niknok
Big Hugs hun! I felt weeks 2-3 were very difficult. The new baby high ends, and reality sets in. That may be some of the issue. Your Hgb is probably low, which you know explains most of your symptoms. I'm sorry you are feeling so crappy. If you do end up with thrush, just go straight to gentian violet. The nystatin is useless.

Come visit my blog!
October 21st, 2010, 06:24 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I hope you feel better soon! A good friend of mine retained placenta and took longer to recovery afterwards. I agree that the second and third weeks are rough
October 22nd, 2010, 07:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Feel better soon! I agree with probiotics, they will really help with any side effects he's having to the antibiotics.

Expecting baby #4!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search