Tooting Thursdays

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 21st, 2010, 01:06 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
I know Bethany posted a Thursday thread already but I thought of this last night and it's too good to pass up. It's rare I get a good idea for a thread so I can't let it go when I do.

Let's all toot our own horns! Share something you are really proud of yourself for lately.
October 21st, 2010, 01:25 PM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hehe! I like Tooting Thursdays! It should be a standard Thursday post!

Well, yesterday DH and I went to the community college so he could figure out his financial aide and I wanted to make sure I was still elligible to enroll in a class. I registered as a new student awhile back but never attended. I had my previous college credit from CA transferred but I never checked to see how well they transferred. Previously I was told by another college that I needed all this extra stuff to get an AA and to transfer and I felt so discouraged because I almost have a BA in Cali. But yesterday when I checked the counselor looked everything over and said, "Okay, just grab that pink form and fill it out to get your AA, your done." What?? I had to remind him that I actually hadn't taken any credits at this school so they won't issue me a degree.

All of that is to say that it totally gave me an ego boost! All I have to do is take the bio pre-reqs and I can be ready to start the midwife program!! Couple that with the doula course I'm taking this weekend... I am just super excited to be on the right path and have more accomplished than I thought I did!!

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
October 21st, 2010, 02:38 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
^ That's awesome!

Last weekend I participated in my first craft sale. It was a pretty small turn out but I sold a few of my things. Then I immediately started sewing Halloween costumes. I finished Lily's in 3 days and it turned out beautiful. I'm still working on Abri's
October 21st, 2010, 03:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I've had a really hard time meeting people in our new neighborhood. I'm usually really a social person, but I don't know anyone out here, and it doesn't seem like there were a whole lot of activities, or even much in the way of social neighbors.

We got a flier in the mail about a planning committee for some fall festival. I NEVER get involved in stuff like that, but I decided if I wanted to meet people I was going to have to. So I emailed the lady and she added me on FB. We started talking and as it turns out she lives on my street! There's a whole group of about 8 families and they all hang out and do all kinds of parties and activities. I started walking with them in the evenings, and I found out that 4 of them have infants less than 4 months old! It's like I've completely stumbled on a whole group of friends...and DH is happy because some of their husbands golf.

(I think DH is a little jealous that he just paid a fortune for us to join a country club so we could hopefully meet people and I managed to stumble across a bunch of friends on our street.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobittyBoo View Post

All of that is to say that it totally gave me an ego boost! All I have to do is take the bio pre-reqs and I can be ready to start the midwife program!! Couple that with the doula course I'm taking this weekend... I am just super excited to be on the right path and have more accomplished than I thought I did!!
Way to go!!!!

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
October 21st, 2010, 04:17 PM
Caelen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've been really bad about taking care of the things that I want lately. Instead I've been catering to everyone else. I love taking care of DH and DS, but in the mix I've lost any shot at any "me time." So I talked to Dh about it last night finally. I told him that things aren't going to change much, but I'm not going to do the silly little errands that he could just as well do.

This talk resulted in me having extra time today to work in my garden and spend almost two hours outside with DS. That's a horn toot for me because I have issues with telling people no.

Stay at home mom to two:
Jacob 03/17/2009
Benjamin 03/18/2011
October 21st, 2010, 08:33 PM
I put off doing any exercise until Vivian was over 3 months old, I was basically a year out of working out at that point. Joined the gym and tried to get back into things, but I don't push myself hard enough if I am on my own. So I started going to zumba classes, kind of a big deal for me since I have some social anxiety issues. Zumba was ok because it was a good workout, but it wasn't really my thing. I started going to these kickboxing classes, it's a class this teacher created that uses the stand up kickboxing bags and includes a lot of aerobic activity like jumping jacks and sometimes hang weights too. It is no joke. I LOVE it! The class is in huge demand and not easy to get into, and the ladies all know each other, it feels a little "cliquey" to me. Since I'm new most people don't want to be partnered with me (it's 2 people to a bag) and I feel clumsy sometimes but I am sticking with it. My social anxieties would have caused me to quit but instead I keep going and smile and try my best I know that over time they will get used to seeing me and I won't feel like such an outcast.

I'm also controlling my eating more since I started working out again. Still eating well and enough but not over eating. I will not hold on to this weight as long as I did with Cadie. I'm sure I will retain at least 10 lbs until I stop nursing totally, that will be a while, but I am dying to get rid of this gut!

sorry to go on so long!
October 22nd, 2010, 08:06 AM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
YAY! I'm liking the positive post.

I finally pushed myself to knit my first winter hat for Levi this week! I still need to put a button under the chin strap to secure it, then it's done (it will be snug to his face). It's only my second knitting project, my first time using a pattern.

Oh, we also starting cloth diapering this week... without a washer and dryer . I've always wanted to, but didn't know how to do it by hand. I just said what the heck, I'll make it work. It really hasn't been that bad so far! He seems to really like them, too.

October 22nd, 2010, 08:22 AM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by moon~maiden View Post
I put off doing any exercise until Vivian was over 3 months old, I was basically a year out of working out at that point. Joined the gym and tried to get back into things, but I don't push myself hard enough if I am on my own. So I started going to zumba classes, kind of a big deal for me since I have some social anxiety issues. Zumba was ok because it was a good workout, but it wasn't really my thing. I started going to these kickboxing classes, it's a class this teacher created that uses the stand up kickboxing bags and includes a lot of aerobic activity like jumping jacks and sometimes hang weights too. It is no joke. I LOVE it! The class is in huge demand and not easy to get into, and the ladies all know each other, it feels a little "cliquey" to me. Since I'm new most people don't want to be partnered with me (it's 2 people to a bag) and I feel clumsy sometimes but I am sticking with it. My social anxieties would have caused me to quit but instead I keep going and smile and try my best I know that over time they will get used to seeing me and I won't feel like such an outcast.

I'm also controlling my eating more since I started working out again. Still eating well and enough but not over eating. I will not hold on to this weight as long as I did with Cadie. I'm sure I will retain at least 10 lbs until I stop nursing totally, that will be a while, but I am dying to get rid of this gut!

sorry to go on so long!
Good job Cheryl! I have exercised here and there but nothing really all that regular. That's awesome you started back at the gym!! My gym won't take babies until they are 6 months, so I have to wait! Boo!

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
October 22nd, 2010, 08:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
That's awesome Cheryl! I've been experiencing a lot of social anxiety since Abby was born, so it's hard for me to try new things too. I know what a big accomplishment it can be to overcome that, if even for 1 event.

My accomplishment was trying something new. I had someone ask if I could make a Halloween costume for thier daughter and it's not something I've done before. I was nervous, but dove into it and it ended up turning out really well! I was especially excited because I came up with everything myself and didn't use a pattern, which helped give me new skills and experience with designing and sewing that I didn't have before.

Expecting baby #4 - It's a BOY!

October 22nd, 2010, 08:49 AM
noworries
I'm still breastfeeding and I think its finally starting to go well. Hopefully the doc will be happy with Isaac's weight gain at his 2 month appt. on Monday.
October 22nd, 2010, 08:58 AM
yay Carrie! I've been thinking about you but I keep forgetting to ask once I'm in front of the computer.

If anyone wants a really good and fun workout at home, try turbo jam. It is really great. Just buy the dvd, not the whole package with the other crap.
October 22nd, 2010, 01:20 PM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
Feel like i'm REALLY getting the hang of breastfeeding! It doesn't hurt anymore. Theodore latches himself. I'm managing to pump 4 oz a day.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search