*ChicaChels* is our new ~MOTW~

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 25th, 2010, 07:20 AM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Lets start asking her questions!!

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
October 25th, 2010, 09:05 AM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
October 25th, 2010, 09:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
How many kids do you want?

When you were little what did you want to be when you grew up?

What are your favorite hobbies (in all that spare time - lol)?

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
October 25th, 2010, 09:41 AM
What would you do with a million dollars?

October 25th, 2010, 09:41 AM
[QUOTE=Jennifer8080;21930029]How many kids do you want? i don't really have a number. My DH would like 6-8, which I am open to, but I feel like #'s are kind of arbitrary because I think we will "know" when our family is complete. I know I want more than 3 though, because I don't want a "middle" child (Dh is the middle) and I definitely don't think I will feel done after Bebo is born

When you were little what did you want to be when you grew up? a midwife, then a pediatrician, then a nurse...im still stuck on nurse so we'll see lol

What are your favorite hobbies (in all that spare time - lol) it used to be dance, i danced like 40+ hours a week..but after my 8th knee surgery my doc said NO MORE.. I still enjoy jazzercise and zumba, and swimming..I love to swim..I also like to scrapbook and of course shop

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
Hospital water birth
October 25th, 2010, 09:43 AM
What kind(s) of dance did you do?

October 25th, 2010, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobittyBoo View Post
What would you do with a million dollars?

first, i would buy DH a bunch of ground - about $500,000 worth. Then I would bulldoze my house (which would be free, we have a cat ) and build a new house. The rest would go toward savings, etc. And we would take an amazing trip.

Quote:
What kind(s) of dance did you do?

ballet, tap, jazz, hip hop, modern, pointe (i hated it, but i was good at it ) pom and cheer (for my school) and tumbling...hip hop and tap were/are my favorites. i would do anything to take an adult tap class (its not too hard on your knees, minimal jumping)..but we live in a very small town...i can't find one in a reasonable distance. (Grew up in a huge city, lots of options)

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
Hospital water birth
October 25th, 2010, 05:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
If you could have any super power what would it be & why?

If a genie gave you 3 wishes, what would they be?
October 25th, 2010, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaEliz View Post
If you could have any super power what would it be & why?

If a genie gave you 3 wishes, what would they be?

my wishes would be

1. My mom back (she died when I was 17)
2. All my kids grow up to be old, healthy, happy and stable.
3. That my DH and I always be together and in love..happy and crazy about each other.

A super power would be..hmm to turn water into money?

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
Hospital water birth
October 26th, 2010, 05:21 AM
Kathode's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do you have any pets?

What is your favorite holiday?

What is your favorite movie?

October 26th, 2010, 06:10 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
tell us about your farm!!

eta: I guess that's more of a command than a question, sorry!
October 26th, 2010, 07:20 AM
This might be a repeat from a QOTD awhile back but.... How did you meet your DH?

Whats your favorite meal?

October 26th, 2010, 07:56 AM
[QUOTE=Kathode;21939055]Do you have any pets? we have 2 horses - Victor and Ca$h, three dogs (2 golden retrievers Kodi & Chloe, and a lab/border collie x named Ellie. we have 3 inside cats - sassquatch (Sassy), Chandler Bing, (we usually call her Bing) and Hannah...then we have various outside cats, some are tame, some are spooky Brylie is probably going to get 2 pygmy goats for her birthday in August too

What is your favorite holiday? 4th of July!

What is your favorite movie? Hmmm that's tough! I like a lot of movies...I really love Did You Hear About the Morgans and The Proposal...and I love Pearl Harbor

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
Hospital water birth
October 26th, 2010, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moon~maiden View Post
tell us about your farm!!

eta: I guess that's more of a command than a question, sorry!

what do you want to know

My DH farms with his dad and they have the kind of farm that everyone hates They definitely don't raise organic products (though everything we grow at home is organic, but their 800 acres of corn/soy beans..definitely NOT) and the cattle are also not organic..though we rarely give them antibiotics, humanely euthanize (as in we don't shoot them in the head like most farmers, our vet comes out and does it) and they eat all of our own food, so we know exactly what goes into them vs getting food from an outside source (We do purchase hay from a friend, but not corn, and its only because we don't have enough hay ground to feed 700 head of cattle year round)

DH works daily to keep the cattle lots very clean (I mean as clean as a lot full of 100 head of cattle who poop multiple times a day can be) but he scrapes each lot clean once a week..they always have fresh water and they are on a strict feed schedule to keep them from gaining weight too quickly - we have a nutritionist from Iowa State University who comes out once a month to check their rations, etc (iowa state is one of the best ag schools in the country, if not the best)

the only hormones we give are to the heifers - they get progesterone and mgd - mgd keeps them from going into heat, and the progesterone helps the heifers covert their feed because their body doesnt work as well as a steers in that matter and they will stay underweight (very hard on them in winter)..

hmmm, DH and his dad farm 800 acres of corn and soy beans...they are not organic, but we do spread our own (cattle) manure and avoid harsh chemicals. DH does spray with Nitrogen in the spring, but only because our soil lacks it and there isn't enough in the manure to compensate. Most farmers use Anhydrous which is a VERY harsh chemical mix (and a main ingredient in METH) and we don't let that anywhere near us.

At my house, we have 40 little calves who are raised organically...they eat organic corn that we get from our good friend who has a HUGE organic farm, and they don't get any abx or hormones....we don't make nearly enough $$ off the organic cattle to ever do it full time as a living..it was just a project I wanted to do. We also have 5 acres of organic veggies/fruit (Of course the season is over) but we spend a lot of time freezing (I don't can..can't eat canned food)

we are going to plant a couple of apple trees within the next week or so - DH dug up the dirt and has added manure, so it can settle and be full of nutrients right away..im SUPER excited about my apple trees!

we have a couple horses - one we can't ride anymore because he is going blind (he's about 20 yrs old) and one has developed a pretty severe heart murmur, and we're hoping he lives through the winter (he's about 15)..but he's rideable and he's a sweetie. We kind of got screwed when we bought him, because we trusted an outside vet to give us an honest health report - and while we of course had our vet look at him ASAP after we got him there's no way she knows how long he has had the murmur, so she can't say the other vet lied - because "maybe" when the vet checked him out he didn't have it. (Lesson learned, always have your own vet, or a vet you select do a health check when buying an animal!)..but we bought Ca$h from a friend of a friend and just trusted the wrong person. DH wants to sell him but I don't want to screw someone over like we did...so I say he is our responsbility Plus I like him

hmmm that's our farm in a nutshell! We also have dogs and cats of course, and Brylie is probably going to get a couple pygmy goats for her bday (She LOVES goats)

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
Hospital water birth
October 26th, 2010, 08:58 AM
Quote:
This might be a repeat from a QOTD awhile back but.... How did you meet your DH?

Whats your favorite meal?
I met Sam through a friend in college - she was in all my classes and her BF and DH were friends..she invited me to a party at DH's apartment one night and apparently had planned it that we would "be introduced" or whatever - i hated sam that night! He was wearing this awful plaid buttonup shirt, a greasy ball cap and smoking cigarettes..but man he could make some YUMMY long island iced teas...he put his number in my phone (which is very aggressive for my shy husband, but he was drunk)...and told me to text him. I never did, so he started randomly showing up at places I was on campus (I lived on campus, he did not) and was harassing me! He was like "I will leave you alone if you go on ONE date with me..but after that date YOU won't leave me alone, I promise" and I simply said "I don't date smokers" and he quit smoking. That meant a lot to me and I finally agreed to get lunch at him with panera one day before he went to work..and I had a great time! he called me the next day (friday) and invited me to a party at our friend kyle's house and we've been inseparable ever since I guess!

my fave meal hmm if we go out it's chinese - seasme chicken! yum! at home it's when DH makes bbq chicken quesdillas! yum yum yum

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
Hospital water birth
October 26th, 2010, 01:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
If you could go on a vacation anywhere, where would you go?

What's your favorite dessert?

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
October 26th, 2010, 06:32 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
What's your favorite thing to do on "date night" with your DH?

What's your favorite thing to do with Brylie?
October 26th, 2010, 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer8080 View Post
If you could go on a vacation anywhere, where would you go?

What's your favorite dessert?

for vacation i would really just love to go to another country, preferably somewhere warm. im not really too picky

favorite dessert...definitely pumpkin pie or pumpkin cheesecake

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
Hospital water birth
October 26th, 2010, 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corny7474 View Post
What's your favorite thing to do on "date night" with your DH?

What's your favorite thing to do with Brylie?

date night? what's that? Sam and I have not been anywhere without Brylie ever! I would really love to go to some kind of play over the holiday season (The Nutcracker, or something like that) and a fancy dinner...we used to go to that kind of stuff all the time and I miss it...but I refuse to leave brylie with my MIL, and if I left Bry with anyone else my MIL would go ape **it, and I just don't have the energy to deal with it

my fave thing to do with Bry is definitely take her swimming. She loves it sooooooooo much. I also love to just nap with her on the couch...its so snuggly and cozy, and I am really trying to cherish these days of her being my only baby

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
Hospital water birth
October 27th, 2010, 08:13 AM
Are you a coffee or tea drinker?

What is your favorite fruit? Favorite veggie?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search