Bye Bye Due Date! Coming Soon: Big Baby!

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 26th, 2010, 07:00 AM
pressedfairie's Avatar Super Mommy
So my EDD was this past Sunday. I am so glad that I mentally prepared to go late because even though I am physically uncomfortable, I feel like I could be pregnant for another couple of weeks and it wouldn't matter.

I had my 40 week appt yesterday, and they did a quick u/s. Baby is measuring big - about 9 lbs. 4 oz. (I'm hoping it's wrong!) So if there's anyone who's delivered a big baby naturally, please feel free to share a few encouraging words.

Good news is that I'm 4 cm and very thin. My bag of waters is bulging - according to my OB, she felt like it might pop under her fingertips. There's a cold front coming in this week, and she thinks that the pressure changes might do the trick, but since my OB office won't let you go past 42 weeks, they scheduled me for an induction on Nov. 4th (I will be 41 weeks, 5 days). Here's hoping I won't need it!!!

Thank you peimum for my awesome siggy!
October 26th, 2010, 07:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My daughter was 9lbs 15ozs with a 14.75 inch head & I had her naturally. I didn't think she was that big until they put her on the scale. My son was 9lbs 13ozs & I had an epi with him. My recovery with the natural birth was much faster. Don't stay in bed with a big baby, do squats, labor on all fours... it helkps open up your pelvis so s/he can pass through more easily. There are some good links in the sub-forum.

I hope your little man comes soon!
October 26th, 2010, 07:31 AM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Cheryl JUST added some great articles surrounding the myth of birthing a large baby. They are all in the subforum, I believe under "Article's of Interest". Go check them out!!

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
October 26th, 2010, 08:29 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
yes, check the subforum, and remember, fat squishes!
October 26th, 2010, 10:15 AM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
My son was 10 lbs 9 ounces, 15 inch head and shoulders, and had his arm up by his head when he was born. I didn't tear or have any swelling, and had a painfree hypnobabies childbirth. You can do it! My birth story is in the birth story subforum, just search for Sam.

Last edited by bostoncreampie; October 26th, 2010 at 04:22 PM.
October 26th, 2010, 10:42 AM
New_England_Girl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaEliz View Post
Don't stay in bed with a big baby, do squats, labor on all fours... it helkps open up your pelvis so s/he can pass through more easily. There are some good links in the sub-forum.
^^Ditto. Get out of bed and stay moving. Laboring in the tub helped me a LOT. Joel Peter was 9' 12" and had a big head (can't remember, 14 something), and he was the easier of my two births.

Also, weight estimates by ultrasound are consistently about a pound off. My midwife estimated Cassidy at 8 1/2 pounds...she was 7' 10". She estimated Joel at over 10 pounds, and while he was close to that, not quite.

Big babies aren't scary...they're adorable! You'll be fine!

Married to my best friend for a decade.
Mom to:

Cassidy, 6.5 yrs. Born 10/23/07, 7 pounds 10 ounces, 20 in.

Joel, 4.75 yrs. Born 6/23/09, 9 pounds 12 ounces, 21 in.

Timothy, 2 yrs. Born 3/20/12, 9 pounds 4 ounces, 22.5 in.

October 26th, 2010, 12:34 PM
MaggieLizer's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
They estimated my baby at 7 lbs 9 oz. at 38 weeks and when he was born 2 weeks later he was 7 lbs 11 oz. Maybe your estimate is off but if not there's no need to worry. That baby knows how to get out, lol! Good luck! I'm sure you will do great! Hopefully this front coming through today gets something going for you. It sounds like it won't be long!

October 26th, 2010, 12:35 PM
jamie7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just wanted to say good luck and hope you don't need and induction!

OUR SWEET BEAUTIFUL BABIES ARE HERE! BRINLEE ANN AND LUCAS JONATHAN BORN 1/3/11 AT 8:54AM AND 8:55AM!
October 26th, 2010, 02:49 PM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
I think i was 42 weeks when they did an u/s and my midwife estimated his weight at 9lbs 8ozs but told me it could run up to a pound off either way. He was born 3 days later and was 10lbs 8ozs and my easiest, fastest birth yet!

Facebook
October 26th, 2010, 03:19 PM
Thanks so much for the encouragement! I'm heading over the the subforum now.

October 26th, 2010, 04:34 PM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I learned this weekend that if you squat your pelvis opens 28% wider. I always knew it did that but to have #'s on it makes it better. If you place your hand on your pubic bone and your other hand on your sacrum and then go into a deep squat you can actually feel your hands move away from eachother as your pelvis opens. Pretty cool!

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
October 27th, 2010, 12:31 PM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
Also just wanted to say good luck and hope things happen before the 4th!

October 28th, 2010, 11:18 AM
MaggieLizer's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Any new developments?

October 28th, 2010, 11:00 PM
Nothing yet! Just had an NST today and everything looked good. I'm actually a lot more patient than my family and friends. I'm about to turn my cell phone off until active labor hits!!

October 29th, 2010, 04:49 AM
HeatherLyn429's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to HeatherLyn429
First of all, I love your attitude about being "late". I wish more would take that approach. So many see their due date go and are asking for an induction the very next day. To each their own but I just don't get it. I go over due EVERY SINGLE TIME, and am fully expecting to this time.

AND I wanted to say, my biggest baby was 9lbs 3 oz 22 1/2 inches, and he was my easiest birth! So you can do it! No worries! Sounds like you are really close to going also! Good luck!!!
and introducing my new baby princess Penelope Kate born 3/18/14 5:35am 9lbs 5oz 22"

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search