Ugh! I am so pissed!

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 28th, 2010, 09:07 AM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just shared on FB the article that andi2284 posted. My husband's friend Garrett made the nastiest comment on it. Knowing him, I'm sure he is trying to be funny. The idea of natural child birth really makes him uncomfortable so he is always poking fun at me or making comments. But this one is particularly rude. I can't decide if I should delete it or respond. I already responded, but I'm wondering if I should just delete it.

This is what he said, (Buffe is me, it's his nickname for me)...

Quote:
That's right Buffe! Forget hospitals! Just head out to a field squat down and pop the kid out. And then make some soup with whatever else comes out. You dirty hippy.....
My response was just, "Who said anything about forgetting hospitals?"

What do you think? I should I just delete it? Or should I leave it up and maybe it will create more of a convo???

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
October 28th, 2010, 09:29 AM
Kathode's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is nasty! I would delete HIS comment. Can you do that on FB?

October 28th, 2010, 09:36 AM
Isaeph's Avatar Jennifer the Momma
Oh my goodness, that's pretty cold. And personally, I'd rather go squat in a field than give birth in a hospital. That's probably what my husband would tell me to say.

Crunchy, conservative, Christian, homeschooling, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, not-vaccinating, cloth-diapering, baby-wearing, ec-ing, unassisted-birthing, breastmilk donating, Momma to 7yo, 4yo, 2yo, 2mo.
October 28th, 2010, 10:40 AM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'd probably delete his comment. That'd probably send a bigger message than getting into a debate. I hate when people post stuff like that on other peoples walls. It's just not necessary.

October 28th, 2010, 10:57 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
That is really rude. I'd be tempted to delete it too unless you have some other FB friends that would call him out on his nasty remark. I didn't think anything in that article implied that hospitals/OBs are evil and fields being the better location to birth a baby but whatever.
October 28th, 2010, 11:17 AM
Lala78's Avatar Super Mommy
I probably would have said something like "is ignorance really bliss?" Or (more likely) "I will listen to your childbirth opinions when you are capable of birthing a child. I will not comment on how, or where you choose to use your boy parts, so please keep opinions on what I do with my body to yourself." Ok, I'd probably say "wow, I guess I've finally realized what an ignorant *****#@!e you really are. Please shut the ef up."

[url=http://lilypie.com]
October 28th, 2010, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corny7474 View Post
That is really rude. I'd be tempted to delete it too unless you have some other FB friends that would call him out on his nasty remark. I didn't think anything in that article implied that hospitals/OBs are evil and fields being the better location to birth a baby but whatever.
I think the reason he said that specifically is because we did a home birth this time around.

Honestly he just says stuff and doesn't understand how it sounds. If he said it in person undoubtedly he said it in a goofy voice and laughed at the end. The whole subject gives him the creeps. But he says the same stuff on FB not understanding how things translate or in such cases DON'T translate in text.

This is how I responded to him again, he is a hard core republican...

Quote:
For someone who has strong beliefs that the government should stay out of a lot of our daily lives, I'm sure you could agree with a similar notion that medicine should let women make their own choices and not be forced to use interventions that don't prove beneficial.

October 28th, 2010, 12:38 PM
horseradishmayo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
what a douche! i personally wouldn't delete it...i would leave it there for all of my dirty hippie friends to comment on and make him look like a giant a.s.s. i just put it on my fb page and got a "WOW" response. i'm not sure what she meant by that.

Check out my etsy shop!
Crunchy Couture
use code JMMOMMY for free shipping in the US
October 28th, 2010, 12:44 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
hmm i must not have any of you as FB friends...what article

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
October 28th, 2010, 12:46 PM
horseradishmayo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
5 Hospital Procedures That Ruin Your Birth | The Stir

andi posted it in a thread on here. i don't understand the negative reactions to it at all. it's not hardcore or anything.

Check out my etsy shop!
Crunchy Couture
use code JMMOMMY for free shipping in the US
October 28th, 2010, 12:52 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
oh! I did read that! thanks girl

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
October 28th, 2010, 01:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I would probably have come up with a not very nice response! But I seem to be making lots of enemies on FB lately. I've deleted a few people from my friends list...and been deleted from a few others. It's almost getting to be a game.

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
October 28th, 2010, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer8080 View Post
I would probably have come up with a not very nice response! But I seem to be making lots of enemies on FB lately. I've deleted a few people from my friends list...and been deleted from a few others. It's almost getting to be a game.
Really? I'm friend with you on FB and I didn't see anything that could be offensive!

October 28th, 2010, 02:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobittyBoo View Post
Really? I'm friend with you on FB and I didn't see anything that could be offensive!
Someone took one of my funny "pregzilla" comments a little too seriously and made a comment that was really uncalled for considering everything I went through to get pregnant and the nature of my "zilla comments". And then there was a debate about the fact that I was eating cooked sushi, and someone told me that I needed to buy a book of what to do and what not to do when you're pregnant.

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
October 28th, 2010, 02:34 PM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I probably wouldn't delete it, just respond like you did. I really don't understand why some people who really seem to be into keeping government out of their lives think it's okay to let government rule women's birth choices (and other womens issues).... apparently THAT is okay? Gah.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
October 28th, 2010, 04:06 PM
Super Mommy
WOW! Even IF he was trying to be funny that was just WAY mean! DELETE!! I would probably be so upset I would unfriend him! I can't imagine someone saying that. I am sorry. At least you realize he was probably trying to be funny and not mean... but STILL!

October 28th, 2010, 08:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
As another self-proclaimed "hard-core Republican" I have to say... what a jerk (that's the only word I could come up with that JM wouldn't ****). I think what's sad is that it's mainly ignorance by the to-be moms that lead to over-medicated births. At least it was on my part with Ethan; I can't sit on high & judge other women because I was there when I was preggo with Ethan. It really does bother me when other people feel the need to be disparaging about birth choices. I can't think of a more personal choice & it should never be mocked... whatever it is. I wouldn't delete it though, the guy needs to be reminded that being an a-hole is never acceptable behavior.
October 29th, 2010, 04:45 AM
HeatherLyn429's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to HeatherLyn429
What a jerk. I'm sorry he said that
and introducing my new baby princess Penelope Kate born 3/18/14 5:35am 9lbs 5oz 22"
October 29th, 2010, 06:49 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
I commented
October 29th, 2010, 08:25 AM
I saw that Cheryl!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search