Strange Question x-posted

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 31st, 2010, 07:15 AM
Isaeph's Avatar Jennifer the Momma
I've seriously never really put much thought into this before, but with some recent reading I'm starting to wonder now.

Do you view pregnancy/birth as a continuation or a part of your sexuality? Why or why not?

I'm still working out my own thoughts on this, I'm just curious to see what others think.

Crunchy, conservative, Christian, homeschooling, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, not-vaccinating, cloth-diapering, baby-wearing, ec-ing, unassisted-birthing, breastmilk donating, Momma to 7yo, 4yo, 2yo, 2mo.
October 31st, 2010, 11:17 AM
HappyHippy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes and no, and it's really hard to explain.

Yes, because it's part of being a woman, and usually you have sex to get that way, and it deals with your sexual organs, or gender organs. Which of course are multipurpose.

I can't explain the no part right now, it's just really hard to formulate my thoughts on it.
October 31st, 2010, 03:15 PM
Platinum Supermommy
yes. the best way I can explain how a contraction feels is like an orgasm except way more intense and it hurts.

Thank you Kiliki for my first beautiful Siggie!

mom of 2 angels and an earth baby
October 31st, 2010, 05:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm going to say no. I've never felt like a less sexual person than when I was preggo & BFing. Sometimes I feel like Mommy-hood consumes my time & energy to such an extent that I lose the "sexual" part of my identity until I'm done BFing.
October 31st, 2010, 06:10 PM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't think so. I haven't put any thought into this before now, but so far it's something completely different.

It's kind of hard for me to grasp what sexuality entails actually. I don't think I could put it into words. Maybe if I could, I could give a more definite answer.

October 31st, 2010, 07:01 PM
Tiff802's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by monica8 View Post
I don't think so. I haven't put any thought into this before now, but so far it's something completely different.

It's kind of hard for me to grasp what sexuality entails actually. I don't think I could put it into words. Maybe if I could, I could give a more definite answer.
I feel the same exact way!

Thank you for my beautiful siggy Vicki!

See my growing belly!

October 31st, 2010, 08:13 PM
PixieQueen's Avatar Hi-Tech Hippie
Send a message via Yahoo to PixieQueen
Maybe not as part of it, but it does bring a new awareness to it. I'll have to stew on this for a few days and see if I can putt he right words to it.

I do think it's part of a guy's sexuality. At least for my DH. He does love him some big, milky Mama titties! (TMI, I know, but I couldn't resist!)

October 31st, 2010, 08:52 PM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
I view it as a continuation just because of how it's a extension of my femininity. It made me feel whole as a woman. Maybe not in a "sexy" way, but in the female sex way.

October 31st, 2010, 09:33 PM
horseradishmayo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by alicenwonderland View Post
I view it as a continuation just because of how it's a extension of my femininity. It made me feel whole as a woman. Maybe not in a "sexy" way, but in the female sex way.
i wasn't sure how to explain it, but this is basically how i feel too!

Check out my etsy shop!
Crunchy Couture
use code JMMOMMY for free shipping in the US
October 31st, 2010, 09:44 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieQueen View Post

I do think it's part of a guy's sexuality. At least for my DH. He does love him some big, milky Mama titties! (TMI, I know, but I couldn't resist!)

My DH is exactly the same!!!!

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
November 1st, 2010, 11:37 PM
momma2011's Avatar Shannon
Send a message via AIM to momma2011
I didn't for the first few months of pregnancy, but I just hit six months and I am starting to. I had nearly two decades of infertility and feeling like "less of" a woman than everyone else, before my pregnancy. Watching my body change and do what women's bodies are made to do is really empowering and almost sexual. Looking at my giant belly, swollen breasts, wide hips, and all the rest is a total turn on for me.

It probably helps that my fiancee thinks pregnancy is the sexiest thing ever. Every little thing my body does, even the disgusting things, turn him on.

Thanks to Graysmama for my pretty siggy!

November 2nd, 2010, 06:20 AM
HappyHippy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't feel any less of anything when pregnant or as a mother.
November 2nd, 2010, 09:02 AM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Does it feel sexy? No. But does it fulfill me as a woman? Yes. I think it is a continuation of sexuality, meaning exactly that... the spectrum continues. You can obviously draw a line between sex and getting pregnant, so pregnancy is just further down the line in the sexual spectrum.

Having said that... I feel like a fat blob right now being 5 months PP. I have looked back at 8-9 month preggo pics and I am way more confident in my pregnant body than right now. I feel proud that I cooked someone and went through that experience. More so this pregnancy and birth than with my other two, maybe age and wisdom is a factor there? Or maybe the knowledge I gained while pregnant this time thorugh researching and having a succesful home birth?

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
November 2nd, 2010, 05:38 PM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by alicenwonderland View Post
Yes, that.

Do I feel like having sex while pregnant or breastfeeding? No, not really. But I do feel beautiful and fully woman. It's like a different facet of womanhood. So maybe not sexy in the normal way.... but sexy in a I'm-a-woman-hear-me-roar kind of way.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
November 2nd, 2010, 06:33 PM
sara~b's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to sara~b
I don't think so. I don't feel sexy and I don't feel fufilled as a woman. I love my girls but having them has changed me in ways that feel very unsexy and sometimes unfeminine. I leak urine and feel different down there. My boobs are barely recognizable (though DH does love them) and I mostly feel 'motherly' instead of 'feminine'.

Running for my health and sanity!
PR's: 5k-25:05 (old PR 25:10), 5M-45:03 (old PR - 47:22), 10k - 52:00 (approximate - training), HM-2:25:58 (ran a 2:17:36 during marathon), Full- 4:49:25 (old PR -5:49:40), 50k-7:05:56, 50M-13:31:14, 100k- 18:59:31 (old PR 20:56)
(All of these PR's are going down this season!)

My Pregnancy Chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1c6297

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search