I didn't think it would make me SO sad :(

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 5th, 2010, 05:33 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I admit...I am DONE with breastfeeding Brylie. I hate it. My milk is very low, and she sucks so hard she is leaving bruises around my nipples...it's painful and I dread it...so we have been slowly trying to wean. Yesterday poor Sam came home and found Brylie and me crying - I was sitting at the table sobbing in hormonal hysteria, and Brylie was throwing a tantrum on the kitchen floor...I told him he was going to have to take a couple days off work and be here to help this process because I couldn't take anymore.

This morning when Brylie woke up, she wanted to nurse as usual...I told her no, and she was fine with it! She just took a drink of my water and got down on the floor and started playing. I really missed my morning cuddles..but I loved not nursing her.

She hasn't nursed, or even tried to nurse, at all today...and it's so weird for me. It has been part of our routine for 15 months now (well almost)...it's very surreal. Sam is home now and she rarely nurses when he is home so I bet she doesn't nurse at all today...(which thrills me on 9/10 levels)...but at the same time I feel so useless

Sigh....i didn't know when I "knew" I was done, it would still be so emotional

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
November 5th, 2010, 08:01 PM
MaggieLizer's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

I can't really relate to the weaning part since BF never worked out for us (which is something I had to mourn as well), but I'm sorry it's been so difficult. It sounds like you did such a great job though and you should definitely be proud of nursing her as long as you did! That's great! I hope it gets a little easier soon!

November 5th, 2010, 08:18 PM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
HUGS! It sounds like you've done great and that it's just time for both of you. It's awesome you made it past a year and through the beginning of your pregnancy.

Sometimes I wish Levi nursed longer. He's not a cuddler at all, so it was nice to feel a little needed by him and to spend the time together. It was emotional for awhile... just that feeling of "are we really done??" It's so weird when something that you've always known them to do changes. I hope you both adjust quickly and it gets easier.

November 5th, 2010, 08:28 PM
ToriLeigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry! I had to wean Eli earlier than I planned as well. We only made it to 14 months and he was done, weaned himself basically overnight. I'm with you, I miss the cuddle time and the best grumpy baby comforter in the world, but it is nice to get a break between kids.

November 5th, 2010, 08:46 PM
Well, she is officially in bed for the night. She has not nursed since 5pm yesterday. I thought I would be sooo relieved, but I am so sad. She didn't ask allllll day except for first thing this morning. It might be because we were out and about all day (she rarely nurses when we're out) but usually as soon as we get home she wants to nurse...and she kind of came and sat in my lap like she wanted to nurse, but when i snuggled her in she fussed and got up and ran away.

I'm very much at a "what do I do now" moment in time. Do I pump out the little bit of milk in there? (Not going to, but I feel like I should, so it doesn't go to waste)....I'm very sad...but I know it's time to be done. I dread nursing her (when she wants it..isnt that how it always is??)...but... it's like the last little bit of cord is severed!

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
Hospital water birth
November 5th, 2010, 08:53 PM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
*Hugs* I'm a new mom, but i love that breastfeeding bond. I can sympathise.

November 5th, 2010, 10:24 PM
missmich
oh don't feel useless,she still needs her mama! maybe you can make a new night time routine with her that doesn't involve nursing.
November 5th, 2010, 10:35 PM
her daddy does the night time routine...we stopped nursing to sleep at 13m, so he took over it then. they dont see much of each other so he really loves putting her to bed...i miss it terribly though

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
Hospital water birth
November 6th, 2010, 05:36 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
((((hugs))))) you did well nursing her for as long as you did, a lot to be proud of.

November 6th, 2010, 07:50 AM
Caelen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
15 months is quite a milestone, hun. I know its sad, but be proud that you did so much too!

Stay at home mom to two:
Jacob 03/17/2009
Benjamin 03/18/2011
November 6th, 2010, 09:33 AM
missmich
that is a good long time. A lot of moms don't even make 1/2 that far. I'm proud of you for BF'ing that long. Don't feel bad for stopping you're really not depriving her of anything that she needs and if the cuddles you miss then you can always try and find another way,another routine to get them. Maybe at nap time or right after bath or something. She'll always need you,don't worry.
November 6th, 2010, 10:01 AM
Thanks ladies for making me feel better. She didn't even try to nurse this morning when she woke up, and she hasn't even hinted at it at all today. I guess she is just done. Just like that! I am sad that she doesnt care, but so happy to be done.

She won't drink any milk (cow, goat, hemp, almond or rice..we won't offer her soy). so hopefully she can eat a well rounded diet..she's very picky though

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
Hospital water birth
November 6th, 2010, 10:12 AM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
Breastfeeding while pregnant is terrible. If I had known, I would have waited. I would curse and clench my teeth and cry. Somehow we made it through Sam's pregnancy and Walter was done a week after Sam was born, go figure. I totally sympathize and I'm so glad the weaning is going okay.
November 6th, 2010, 10:16 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
can you give her smoothies?

November 6th, 2010, 10:18 AM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry you are sad! This is just the start to other adventures with her!

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
November 6th, 2010, 08:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
(((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))) you did a FANTASTIC job! you are a great mommy!

Thank you Kiliki for my first beautiful Siggie!

mom of 2 angels and an earth baby
November 7th, 2010, 07:54 PM
She asked to nurse once today, when she was refusing her nap and I said "it's all gone baby" and she was fine NO reaction! I was shocked!

Meredith, we discovered last night she LOVES kefir...I mean she pants when we open the fridge and the bottle is right there. She went NUTS! Sat in the corner with her back to us, hoarding the cup. It was funny! My biggest concern is that it's low fat...everything is low fat. We can't find full fat cheese or anything..any suggestions?

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
Hospital water birth

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search