Stop taking RRL Tea???

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 8th, 2010, 07:37 PM
HurricaneLady's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So I have read on this board twice that someones midwife rec'd they stop taking RRL tea at a certain point bc it could actually delay labor?

I havent seen that anywhere else though, I have read that some midwives even tell their patients to drink it while in labor to ease contractions....

I am just trying to figure out what the "right" thing is to do, where did that information come from?

We have been put on a time clock from my OB so I only have until the 17th to go into labor so I have been taking RRL tea 1-2x a day but I want to make sure thats not delaying anything for me either.

Parker Hudson 11/1/08 8.14, 22.5" Frank Breech Csection/Kennedy Eve 11/18/10 9lb, 21" Natural VBAC
November 8th, 2010, 07:41 PM
Crafty Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My midwife recommends taking RRL single herb supplements during your pregnancy, because it's supposed to strengthen your uterus. Once I hit the 34 or 36 week mark, she wants me taking Red Raspberry Combination capsules.
Red Raspberry Combination by Nature's Herbs
This has other herbs in it that can help jump start contractions, and shouldn't be taken unless you're closer to full term. So I think the other herbs might prevent the RRL from delaying labor? Check out the link to find out what else is in it, maybe you can do some research on it!

I just re-read your post and saw that you're on a time line. I'd definitely switch to the RRLC (check with your OB first!). I found mine at a natural foods store. The link I posted is the same kind I have.

Thank you, AlexAiden Mommy for my awesome siggy!

Last edited by Crafty Mama; November 8th, 2010 at 07:43 PM.
November 9th, 2010, 01:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
IDK - sorry! What's up with the time line? When is your Estimated due date?

Thank you Kiliki for my first beautiful Siggie!

mom of 2 angels and an earth baby
November 9th, 2010, 06:04 AM
Caelen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have no advice on the RRL tea, but sending you lots of labor dust

Stay at home mom to two:
Jacob 03/17/2009
Benjamin 03/18/2011

Last edited by Caelen; November 9th, 2010 at 06:13 AM.
November 9th, 2010, 06:53 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
it was my midwife who told me all the calcium could actually prevent labor from starting if you are drinking it a lot. I don't know if it is a fact or just a belief. Wish I had a definite for you, I'm sorry! Are you drinking it often?
November 9th, 2010, 07:08 AM
HappyHippy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
RRL tea is a uterine toner. It shouldn't start labor or stall labor. I have never heard of it making you not go into labor before, I think that is an old wives tale, or something she misunderstood at some point.

From my own experience, I drank RRL tea my entire second pregnancy. I gave birth at 39 weeks and 3 days to an 8 lb baby.
November 9th, 2010, 07:44 AM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I second the "What's up with the time line?" I don't know anything about RRL, sorry.

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
November 9th, 2010, 01:06 PM
MamaMandy's Avatar is it Spring yet??
I asked about RRL tea at my appt. today, and she didn't want me to drink it as a VBAC patient, she was concerned about the uterine scar specifically. It surprised me, esp. since she's an osteopathic dr. and all for the natural routes. It seems there's a lot of differing opinion and info on this, whether it helps, hurts, does nothing. Maybe one of those depends on the mom things???

Children are not little adults, but they ARE people too!

There's a reason they are called dependents...

AP is not alternative to those who see no other choice

http://helpguide.org/mental/parentin...t_disorder.htm

November 10th, 2010, 05:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I started drinking RRL tea in the 2nd trimester and by 18 or 22 weeks I was drink 2 liters or more of it a day and never had an issue... and it was the real loose leaf organic tea and i would brew it and let it sit for 4 hours for maximum potency of the tea... no issues

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search