So irritated with this chiropractor!

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 9th, 2010, 05:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
This is the same guy that I wait forever to see every time I go. I talked to my midwives and he really is the best in the area when it comes to pregnancy and has been able to turn tons of breech babies, etc. Plus he's close to my house, and he gave me a really good deal, since they don't take our insurance.

But - today he completely offended me. Maybe I'm taking it too personally, but coming from a medical professional, I think it was really inappropriate.

Today he was asking me how I was feeling and I mentioned how bad my lower back and hips have been hurting. He said, "Well that's pretty typical, you're what - 34 or 35 weeks?" I started laughing, thinking he was kidding. Then I realized he was serious. When I told him I was 25 weeks he followed it by saying that I was in rough shape to only be 25 weeks and that he's used to seeing "tiny women come in!" I almost choked him. I managed to mutter that it wasn't from all my weight gain, and that I was still under my prepregnancy weight.

Keep in mind - I'm 5'9" and I was 150 when I got pregnant. I'm currently hovering around 147.

This was my 24 week belly photo. I mean really - I'm not THAT big.

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
November 10th, 2010, 07:58 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
holy crap..... I'd be livid. Honestly.

all my guy did was tell me I used too much soap in my laundry and I hated him right there. He also talked waaaay too much. I switched.

eta: I think there are a lot of annoying chiros out there. I have heard a lot of stories. The woman I see now is wonderful and worth the much farther drive.

Last edited by moon~maiden; November 10th, 2010 at 08:01 AM.
November 10th, 2010, 05:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
First of you look fabulous!!!

And second of all he's a man!!!!! I guess I just don't take things to seriously and let it go in one ear and out the other.... but if he upset you enough I would switch... I am also one that if I was told something like that, I bite back...
November 10th, 2010, 06:05 PM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'd be irritated too!! All he needed to say was, "Oh, my bad," but to say he sees a lot of tiny women... what?! Not necessary, not welcome. If he irritates you, I'd try to find someone else. I find a lot of what I get out of chiro comes from relaxation and if my chiro was irritating it just wouldn't work very well.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
November 11th, 2010, 09:31 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
oh i would totally be offended!

here is a pic of me about that time frame, pretty similar size to you.

November 11th, 2010, 09:53 AM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
Wow.

HOPEFULLY he meant it as in your belly size looks bigger than most 24/25wkers - and meaning it in a non-offensive way... if that makes sense? However, it's really hard to say that in a non-offensive way w/out it coming off AS offensive like you're saying "You look horrible you're fat"... I can't fathom he meant that because your body looks DANG good girl! lol

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

November 11th, 2010, 11:04 AM
Caelen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think I'd be offended too. I'm 21 weeks and I look the same as you do, probably a bit bigger actually. I'm only 2lbs above my pre-pregnancy weight because I lost so much initially from morning sickness. I personally think you look fabulous! Its not all in "how big" your tummy is, its how you carry it and everything that can really do a number on your back. You're also very much at that point where your body is preping itself for baby. Hormones relax everything and when stuff moves, it hurts! That was about the time in my first pregnancy that those things kicked in.

Hopefully it was a huuuuge brain fart on his behalf. I mean, he is male like a few others said! If he couldn't tell how far along you are based on size, I'm sure those "tiny women" are actually only in their first trimester and he has no flippin clue.

Stay at home mom to two:
Jacob 03/17/2009
Benjamin 03/18/2011
November 12th, 2010, 10:16 AM
cheezpoofs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That was an insensitive and offensive thing for him to say, but I would let it slide if he's a good doctor and does good work otherwise.

I think you look fantastic! I'm probably about that size too and four weeks behind you and was overweight to start with. Don't let other people bother you too much. Know in your heart that you look great and that your baby is growing as she needs to. What other people have to say about your size is unimportant and meaningless.

November 12th, 2010, 07:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Well, I completely lost it with their office today. I was waiting for an hour and a half for an adjustment!!!!! I walked out at 12:30 (they open at 8am) and there was 63 people signed in by that time. I'm sorry, that's just ridiculous! And why should I have to wait that long for a 4 minute adjustment. There were 4 other pregnant women in there. One had been waiting longer than I was and she drives from an hour away to get there! She turned pregzilla at the same time I did and we both walked out together. She also goes to my birth center. I'm asking for another recommendation when I go on Wednesday. I don't care how good he is, he's not worth that kind of time.

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
November 13th, 2010, 06:01 AM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
Wow, that is horrible! Hope you find a good chiro!

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

November 13th, 2010, 06:16 PM
Caelen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, I hope you find someone good. That is ridiculous to make anyone wait that long.. let alone a pregnant woman

Stay at home mom to two:
Jacob 03/17/2009
Benjamin 03/18/2011
November 15th, 2010, 06:03 PM
PixieQueen's Avatar Hi-Tech Hippie
Send a message via Yahoo to PixieQueen
He KNOWS you were in a car accident and have a bad back! Of course all the extra *baby only* weight is going to wreak havoc on your lower back! What a jerk! It's definitely time to find someone else!

November 17th, 2010, 06:10 PM
sara~b's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to sara~b
Your under pre-preg weight and you look awesome! I gained over a pound a week (55 total), wonder what he would have thought of me?!

Running for my health and sanity!
PR's: 5k-25:05 (old PR 25:10), 5M-45:03 (old PR - 47:22), 10k - 52:00 (approximate - training), HM-2:25:58 (ran a 2:17:36 during marathon), Full- 4:49:25 (old PR -5:49:40), 50k-7:05:56, 50M-13:31:14, 100k- 18:59:31 (old PR 20:56)
(All of these PR's are going down this season!)

My Pregnancy Chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1c6297

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search