Let's share some knowledge

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 10th, 2010, 09:01 AM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
For our BTDT moms, what is your ONE biggest piece of advice to our pregnant NCB hopeful mamas?

Try to give ONE piece of advice and then if it seems everyone has had a go you can add a second if someone hasn't shared it already!

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
November 10th, 2010, 11:04 AM
HappyHippy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The pain or intensness of contractions are there for a reason. It isn't there to make you weak or to make you be afraid, it's there to help your body bring your baby into this world.
November 10th, 2010, 11:44 AM
I am a lurker but wanted to post.

I would say determination. Try your hardest not to lose it. Keep thinking that millions of women have done this before you and millions of women will do it after you. YOU CAN DO IT!

Last edited by kallisti; November 10th, 2010 at 11:48 AM.
November 10th, 2010, 02:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Use breath and or sound to help you. Making low noises while breathing helps open you up.

Thank you Kiliki for my first beautiful Siggie!

mom of 2 angels and an earth baby
November 10th, 2010, 02:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Information is power, do your homework so you are prepared to make to make descisions especially if something unexpected happens.

November 10th, 2010, 04:55 PM
Sk8ermaiden's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do not set yourself up to believe that the need for an epidural or a c/s can not happen to you. Do not get into the mindset that to have one is a failure. Do not get so hyperfocused on going natural that you don't plan for contingincies and think of the circumstances where you would deviate from the plan.

The number of women who come through here crushed because they did not get a natural birth, many of them with obvious PPD, it's heartbreaking. No woman should ever, ever feel like a failure for making the best decisions they can at a very difficult time. But they set themselves up ahead of time with the thinking that they WILL have a natural birth, no ifs ands or buts and life just doesn't work that way all the time.

I know that's not the happy, prep for labor advice others are giving, but if there is one thing I could tell every mother planning a natural birth, that would be it.

My other one is to have someone there to support your support. My husband occasionally needed breaks, or to pee, or to hydrate, and having my mom there to take over was very helpful. I doubt he would have left my side if there hadn't been someone to replace him.

November 10th, 2010, 05:44 PM
Jule'sMomInOR's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, if I could go back in time and tell myself something, it would be that contrary to what Hypnobabies told me, I will not know when it is time push and my body will not know what to do. I was not prepared for pushing at all, and after hours of being 10 cm dilated without feeling the urge to push, I had to have the nurse tell me how to do it. I wasted about another hour pushing with my abs before I discovered that I was doing it wrong. Then I resorted to purple pushing because there was just no other way I was going to get that sunny side up baby out!

November 11th, 2010, 09:40 AM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think your provider and birth place is SO important! It's kind of like your diet is about 80% of weightloss. Take the time to choose the RIGHT one! You don't want to be blindsided at 32 weeks when they start taking induction.

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
November 11th, 2010, 11:05 AM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
You can do this.

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

November 11th, 2010, 11:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Choose the right style of birth method for you. Just because a certain method is popular doesn't mean it will work for you. You might be best not following any style of method, or you might do best doing Bradley, Hypnobabies, etc. Take the time to look over each to see what might fit with you.

November 11th, 2010, 12:10 PM
Caelen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So much awesome advice!

I would say that an open line of communication is very important. More often than not, there are ALWAYS options, don't be afraid to ask what they are and assert what you want. A good provider will never be afraid to offer you those options because you'll have the relationship to know when to trust their opinions.

Stay at home mom to two:
Jacob 03/17/2009
Benjamin 03/18/2011
November 12th, 2010, 02:41 PM
HeatherLyn429's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to HeatherLyn429
Do your research, be confident in yourself and your body, and be ready to say NO to doctors. They are not God and do not always have your best interests in mind.
and introducing my new baby princess Penelope Kate born 3/18/14 5:35am 9lbs 5oz 22"

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search