Decrease in Fetal Activity

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 22nd, 2010, 10:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm trying not to get completely freaked out, but Kennedy has been really quiet the last two days. I called my midwife this morning, and she had me come in. She listened to her heartbeat for awhile and said she sounded perfect, but wanted me to continue monitoring her activity until 7pm, and then call her and let her know. Depending how active she is, she may send me to the hospital for a non-stress test. I'm hoping she gets going and we don't have to go that route, or if we do that it goes well and we can just come home and go on with our normal care at the birth center.

She said that she might just be changing her sleeping patterns or having a growth spurt, or that she may have changed positions and because of the anterior placenta I'm not feeling as much movement as I was before. Whatever it is - I really wish she'd just start her little gymnastics routine again!

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
November 22nd, 2010, 10:59 AM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
I've experienced that a few times as well. I think sometimes the baby goes through growth spurts in the womb, just like after they are born. A lot of babies become tired during that time. It could just be that. It sounds like your midwife is taking appropriate action in recommending an NST if the decreased movement continues.

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

November 22nd, 2010, 11:57 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
It happens, especially where you are in the pregnancy. When they bigger, you feel everything, LOL. I had many times a freak out when I did not feel movements. Drinking orange juice or something helped I hope all is well with you and Kennedy!

November 22nd, 2010, 04:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
She started moving around more tonight, and she's definitely in a different spot because I'm not feeling the kicks as low as they were before. DH surprised me with Godiva chocolate covered strawberries, and that REALLY got her moving. I talked to the midwife again and she said she wasn't concerned, that any change in her position could cause me to feel the movement differently or less because of the placenta, and that if I have any other concerns I can come in anytime and they'll check her heart tones.

Life As We Know It
November 22nd, 2010, 04:40 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
I had a patient with an anterior placenta and she never ONCE felt a baby movement her ENTIRE pregnancy! LOL

November 22nd, 2010, 04:58 PM
Lucky Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am having the same issue (Jelly Bean is moving, just not as vigorously as usual)... and my midwife gave me the same response. I guess they can't be moving ALL the time, but it sure would give me some peace of mind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgm78 View Post
I had a patient with an anterior placenta and she never ONCE felt a baby movement her ENTIRE pregnancy! LOL
Wow! That would freak me out!

____ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
November 22nd, 2010, 05:13 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i went into L&D (after my MW told me to) at 25w3d with Brylie, because I hadn't remembered feeling her for 2 days...she was in a weirddd position, and I had an anterior placenta as well. I'm glad she's moving and grooving for you again...and now I want chocolate covered strawberries!!!

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
November 22nd, 2010, 05:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgm78 View Post
That would be HORRIBLE! I cannot even imagine! I guess I should be grateful for what I've got!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicaChels View Post
...and now I want chocolate covered strawberries!!!
I'd send you some....but I ate them all already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Mama View Post
I guess they can't be moving ALL the time, but it sure would give me some peace of mind!
Agreed! She could at least be awake and moving at the same time I'm awake so I'm not worrying about her! I swear I'm going to wake up all night tonight just to see if she's moving.

Life As We Know It
November 22nd, 2010, 08:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
(((hugs))) I'm glad she's wiggling again. Sometimes my sleep pattern would change - and then she'd be asleep when I was awake. Freaked me out good a couple of times. Later in my pregnancy I'd poke her till she'd move sometimes - she's now taking her revenge!

Thank you Kiliki for my first beautiful Siggie!

mom of 2 angels and an earth baby
November 22nd, 2010, 08:54 PM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad your midwife was taking caution... and glad that baby startled wiggling some more! Those anterior placentas can be such stinkers... I had one with Kate, and there were times if she was in the wrong position I couldn't feel things the same way. With my history that *really* freaked me out.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
November 23rd, 2010, 06:08 AM
Caelen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like you have an awesome midwife... and husband! Those strawberries sound so good..

Glad she's moving around for you again. I remember parts of my pregnancy with Jacob where I wouldn't remember feeling him all day, but at night he'd perk up. I think my activity during the day would lull him to sleep a lot because I was constantly moving.

Stay at home mom to two:
Jacob 03/17/2009
Benjamin 03/18/2011
November 23rd, 2010, 07:16 AM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer8080 View Post
I'm trying not to get completely freaked out, but Kennedy has been really quiet the last two days. I called my midwife this morning, and she had me come in. She listened to her heartbeat for awhile and said she sounded perfect, but wanted me to continue monitoring her activity until 7pm, and then call her and let her know. Depending how active she is, she may send me to the hospital for a non-stress test. I'm hoping she gets going and we don't have to go that route, or if we do that it goes well and we can just come home and go on with our normal care at the birth center.

She said that she might just be changing her sleeping patterns or having a growth spurt, or that she may have changed positions and because of the anterior placenta I'm not feeling as much movement as I was before. Whatever it is - I really wish she'd just start her little gymnastics routine again!
That's what I was going to say. I've had those incidences with Kailey and Nola as well. Have you done the orange juice thing?

Oh just read the whole thread - glad baby is moving again

Co-Host of July 2014 DDC
..........Jackie..........

Team Green Predicted A Boy

November 23rd, 2010, 01:01 PM
HippyMomOf4's Avatar Hippy Mom Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via MSN to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via Yahoo to HippyMomOf4
glad she started moving again, i had a few scares with Athena because of an anterior placenta

November 23rd, 2010, 05:41 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I am so glad she's back to moving around more! Your midwife sounds like a good one that really listens to your concerns.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search