MOTW **Jennifer8080** 11-22-10

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 22nd, 2010, 11:42 AM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Let's get to know Jennifer a little better!!! Ask away ladies!

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
November 22nd, 2010, 12:36 PM
wonderfullymade's Avatar Doula & MW Apprentice
Send a message via Yahoo to wonderfullymade
What's your favorite food? How about beverage?

Bellies & Babies Blogger
November 22nd, 2010, 01:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
What's your favorite food? How about beverage? I absolutely LOVE sushi. With lots of wasabi and red chili pepper sauce. I haven't had it as much since I've been pregnant, and I only stick with the cooked stuff, but it's definitely still my favorite. As for drinks - I love my Starbucks! I've even been cheating now that it's holiday season, and they have the Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha. I always get decaf, but I know they aren't the most healthy thing in the world.

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
November 23rd, 2010, 07:43 AM
greeneyes's Avatar <-- Just do it.
Do you have any pets?
Where is your favorite place to shop?
How ready are you for baby? Do you have a lot left to get?
If you could be anywhere right now, where would it be?

November 23rd, 2010, 08:38 AM
How did you come up with the name Kennedy? What's her middle name?

What's your favorite room in your house? You should post some pics of it! I keep hearing how big and beautiful it is!!

November 23rd, 2010, 09:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Do you have any pets? I had two cats, but we gave them to my mom. One of them was destroying the house with her claws, and DH is allergic. I miss them so much, but it's nice that I can visit them and I know my mom loves them and has given them a great home.

Where is your favorite place to shop? It depends what I'm shopping for. We have a really great outdoor mall here which is where I go for clothes and stuff, and it's really nice to just get out and walk around. When I'm looking at stuff for the house I LOVE Bed Bath and Beyond. Of course, Babies R Us has been a new favorite now.

How ready are you for baby? Do you have a lot left to get? The nursery is almost complete!! I plan to finish it this weekend, and I'll post pics. My mom got our travel system, so we'll have that this week as well. We still need things like the swing, bath tub, etc. My shower isn't until January so I'm trying to wait on buying anything else. She has a closet/dresser full of clothes already!

If you could be anywhere right now, where would it be? On a beach somewhere! I love the beach and it's so gorgeous right now in Florida, it's the perfect time to relax and read a book. You can enjoy the dolphins jumping and a nice breeze!

Life As We Know It
November 23rd, 2010, 09:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobittyBoo View Post
What's your favorite room in your house? You should post some pics of it! I keep hearing how big and beautiful it is!!
LOL! That must have come from something on Facebook. It's really not that spectacular. Some people act like we live in some sort of palace!

How did you come up with the name Kennedy? What's her middle name? DH and I wanted something different. I was one of about 20 Jennifers when I was in school and I hated it. We also didn't want something weird or difficult to pronounce or spell. Her middle name will be Aleise. I figured if I was going to be creative with spelling anywhere in here name, it should be the middle name.

What's your favorite room in your house? I LOVE my scrapbook room. I have been scrapbooking for about 12 years now, and when we moved in the house DH set up the room with a TV and everything. I also love our bonus room. We have the big TV up there, with the leather recliner sofa set, and it's just so nice to relax up there! I actually don't really have any pictures of the house on my laptop, but I'll take some this afternoon and post them! My family has actually been begging me to see them since we moved in and I haven't done it!

Life As We Know It
November 23rd, 2010, 09:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Okay - here's pictures of my favorite parts of the house, and a view from the front (just so you can see that we don't live in the palace people make it out to be on FB!) Sorry I can't shrink them down - photobucket is being weird today.

The outside

Master Bathroom - I love our tub!

The Kitchen - Even though I hate cooking these days, I just love it! One of these days I'll get back into the cooking and baking thing.

Kennedy's Nursery - So far

The Bonus Room - Not the best pic, but it's hard to get the whole room in one shot.

My scrapbook room!!! I really wish I had more time to use it. I've got to get caught up before Kennedy arrives!

Life As We Know It
November 23rd, 2010, 10:40 AM
Oh I wish I had my own workroom area!! I have been wanting to get started on Kate's Christmas stocking but I have to do it on our dining room table. I say dining room but honestly it's just part of the kitchen.

I like the name Kennedy. I think it's pretty but also it can be a grown up name.

November 23rd, 2010, 03:22 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
your house is gorgeous!!

1. What would Kennedy's name be if she'd been a boy?

2. Have you lived in FL your whole life?

3. Have you ever traveled outside the US? If so, where?

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
November 23rd, 2010, 06:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
1. What would Kennedy's name be if she'd been a boy? Cameron Reid or Cole Alexander

2. Have you lived in FL your whole life? No, I grew up in Rochester New York and lived in North Carolina for a few years. DH got transferred to Florida about 9 months after we met. We did the long distance thing for about a year and then I moved down here. That was almost 7 years ago!

3. Have you ever traveled outside the US? If so, where? I've been to Canada, Haiti, The Bahamas, St. Maarten, St. Lucia, Barbados, The Cayman Islands, Mexico, and Jamaica.

Life As We Know It
November 24th, 2010, 07:20 AM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Her room is so cute so far! I was thinking you were having a girl, but somehow missed the gender post.

I can't get over how many people are from Rochester on this board. It's quite popular for being in the middle of nowhere. hehe. We're actually going there tomorrow for Thanksgiving.

How did you meet DH?

How many children would you like to have?

What is your favorite thing to do, besides scrap booking, in your spare time?

Do any of your friends or close family have children, or will you be the first?

November 24th, 2010, 08:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
How did you meet DH? We were both working for the hospital system. He was in HR and I was in Pediatrics. He was doing benefits sign up and I was there, but hated my job, had a broken hand and was super cranky. He kept giving me a hard time about how it happened, etc. As I was leaving, he yelled that maybe someday I'd tell him. About a week later I got an email from him asking how my hand was. He had looked me up on the company directory. We emailed back and forth for awhile before I agreed to go out with him. The funny thing is, before our first actual date, I told my Aunt that I was going to marry him.

How many children would you like to have? We want to have at least 4, but the option for a 5th is open. We want them relatively close together, and I'd like to be done having kids by the time I'm 35.

What is your favorite thing to do, besides scrap booking, in your spare time? I love to read! DH bought me a Kindle for Christmas last year, and I love to go sit out at the beach and read.

Do any of your friends or close family have children, or will you be the first? A lot of my friends do have kids, but most of them don't live locally to us. I would say that 3 of our friends that we are close to in this area have kids. My BIL and SIL have 4 kids, whose ages range from 4 - 13. I'm the only child, so this is the first grandbaby for my parents. My cousins are 8 and 11, so Kennedy will also be the first great grandbaby!

Life As We Know It

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search