Saw this post about induction

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 23rd, 2010, 07:14 PM
Mom to 4 girls!!
I went today for my 39 week visit. The doctor was very surprised to find that I was dialated to 3 almost 4 cm and could feel my water bag bulging. She told me to get dressed and would be into talk to me. She came back in and gave me the option to induce or wait it out. I asked her opinion and how she felt about it and she said I was a good candidate for induction and everything should go well.

I am checking into the hospital at 9 tonight. I will update later or have my DDB update.

I don't get it? Why the induction.
Quinn Olivia Born at home Jan.13th, 2011, 7:37 am 9 lbs. 12 oz

November 23rd, 2010, 07:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
She (the doctor) is probably on call Thanksgiving Day and wants to reduce the chance of her turkey dinner being interrupted. Sounds like a perfectly good reason to me. (Insert sarcasm and eye roll here.)

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
November 23rd, 2010, 07:30 PM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer8080 View Post
She (the doctor) is probably on call Thanksgiving Day and wants to reduce the chance of her turkey dinner being interrupted. Sounds like a perfectly good reason to me. (Insert sarcasm and eye roll here.)

Ditto!

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

November 23rd, 2010, 07:43 PM
Mom to 4 girls!!
There was another post similar to it too. It drives me nuts. Why would someone who is so close to going into to labour on their own want drugs put in their body? Why can't she just wait? What is the rush?

November 23rd, 2010, 07:46 PM
Caelen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Why induce? She's already almost halfway there! In all likelyhood she would have gone into labor tonight or tomorrow night. Turkey Day birthday!

Stay at home mom to two:
Jacob 03/17/2009
Benjamin 03/18/2011
November 23rd, 2010, 07:49 PM
PixieQueen's Avatar Hi-Tech Hippie
Send a message via Yahoo to PixieQueen
Some women walk around that way for weeks. her baby could still need another week or so. They believe labor is triggered by a hormone released from mature lungs. Sooooo, maybe we should wait until the baby's lungs are mature? Just a thought......

November 23rd, 2010, 07:57 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieQueen View Post
Some women walk around that way for weeks. her baby could still need another week or so. They believe labor is triggered by a hormone released from mature lungs. Sooooo, maybe we should wait until the baby's lungs are mature? Just a thought......
i was going to say the exact same thing

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
November 23rd, 2010, 08:00 PM
Mom to 4 girls!!
Those posts make me mad. I am going to have to stop reading them. If I were to dare say anything... I would get " Hey why can't you be happy for her, she is excited" kinda thing. Well why would I be happy that you are going to put your baby's health at risk?? Duhhhh!

November 23rd, 2010, 08:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
This is why I'll probably have to back away from my DDC come January/February. Though, we do have quite a few NCB girls there, so maybe it won't be so bad.

Life As We Know It
November 23rd, 2010, 09:55 PM
pink_piggy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I agree. Sad, I would definitely just wait it out no matter what the OB said unless me or my baby's health was truly at risk. But that's just me and you ladies, we don't want inductions or c-sections or interventions.
November 24th, 2010, 02:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
sigh.

Thank you Kiliki for my first beautiful Siggie!

mom of 2 angels and an earth baby
November 24th, 2010, 05:45 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
I really believe it is the doctor that is criminal here. No doctor should induce early for no reason besides convenience.

November 24th, 2010, 08:58 AM
NavyWifey's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
This is why I'll probably have to back away from my DDC come January/February. Though, we do have quite a few NCB girls there, so maybe it won't be so bad.
We can ride out the waves of stupid together, with our healthy non-induced mature-lunged babies!

I'm VERY tempted to delete my signature and just post a TON of links to studies about the benefits of natural labor and vaginal birth when we get to that stage, haha.

Siggie by the lovely and talented GraysMama
November 24th, 2010, 09:07 AM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyWifey View Post
We can ride out the waves of stupid together, with our healthy non-induced mature-lunged babies!

I'm VERY tempted to delete my signature and just post a TON of links to studies about the benefits of natural labor and vaginal birth when we get to that stage, haha.
I do that stuff when I'm pregnant

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

November 24th, 2010, 09:13 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyWifey View Post

LMAO!!! That's classic. We can definitely ride it out together.

Life As We Know It
November 24th, 2010, 09:38 AM
Isaeph's Avatar Jennifer the Momma
That stuff frustrates me too. I walked around with a bulging bag of water and 5cm for a week with dd, and I was 4cm for a week before that, and a very stretchy/loose 2-3cm for a few weeks before that. Nightly practice labor, I'm sure any one of those nights that month we could have gone in and they would have assumed I was in labor and given me pitocin when the contractions pooped out around 1-2am. But she wasn't born until 39w3d and she was still small at 6lb12oz. I know she wasn't ready before that and all the practice and discomfort for me was getting her ready.

There is NOTHING you can do or say to change someone's mind on the matter I've learned. It's best to just lead by example and let the chips fall where they may.

Crunchy, conservative, Christian, homeschooling, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, not-vaccinating, cloth-diapering, baby-wearing, ec-ing, unassisted-birthing, breastmilk donating, Momma to 7yo, 4yo, 2yo, 2mo.
November 24th, 2010, 09:41 AM
Mom to 4 girls!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaeph View Post
That stuff frustrates me too. I walked around with a bulging bag of water and 5cm for a week with dd, and I was 4cm for a week before that, and a very stretchy/loose 2-3cm for a few weeks before that. Nightly practice labor, I'm sure any one of those nights that month we could have gone in and they would have assumed I was in labor and given me pitocin when the contractions pooped out around 1-2am. But she wasn't born until 39w3d and she was still small at 6lb12oz. I know she wasn't ready before that and all the practice and discomfort for me was getting her ready.

There is NOTHING you can do or say to change someone's mind on the matter I've learned. It's best to just lead by example and let the chips fall where they may.
That's a great way to think of it. I am beginning to realize that no matter what you post, article, links etc... if someone has their mind made up that's it. There is no changing it and they will always come up with arguments that are favourable to their decision.

November 24th, 2010, 09:56 AM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
^^^ 9 months pregnant is not the time to try to inform women. Drives me bonkers.

Le sigh...

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
November 24th, 2010, 10:49 AM
HeatherLyn429's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to HeatherLyn429
Quote:
LOL! Love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemama View Post
There was another post similar to it too. It drives me nuts. Why would someone who is so close to going into to labour on their own want drugs put in their body? Why can't she just wait? What is the rush?
Because some people are just to darn impatient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieQueen View Post
Yep exactly. I am one of those women who can walk around at 4/5cm dilated and NOT be in any kind of laboring pattern yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaeph View Post

Yep, that is what I usually do. I labor for days and weeks even off and on and I dialte to a good 5cm before any real pattern is established. I can guarantee I'd be admitted and given the whole slew of interventions if I went in during this time.

I seriously have no tolerance or understanding of women who do this b/c they are uncomfortable or whatever blah blah blah and ESPECIALLY ones who have not even reached their due date. My gosh I can barely walk and am in tears 1/2 the time from the discomfort and will probably go overdue so I have no compassion for people who do this stuff at 38/39 weeks b/c they are uncomfortable and want to get it over with.
and introducing my new baby princess Penelope Kate born 3/18/14 5:35am 9lbs 5oz 22"
November 24th, 2010, 11:34 AM
Purple654's Avatar Rhett's Mommy
This is why I am glad my doctor doesn't consider induction until you are at least 2 weeks overdue. I would refuse at 39 weeks anyway. Why the rush? You know at that point no matter what it wont be much longer.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search