Just curious...gestation length

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 26th, 2010, 09:14 AM
Isaeph's Avatar Jennifer the Momma
Who here delivers early naturally? I know the average is 40+ weeks for ncb'ers, but I'm curious to see who naturally delivers before then? I've never gone to 40 weeks, in fact, my longest pg was 39w3d (and she was still small...I was TREMENDOUSLY stressed out at that time in my life and being mentally abused by my mother, we moved across 2 states, dh started a new job...it was just all piled on and I know she needed that "extra" (for me) time to bake and be ready for post-womb life...she fatted right up after birth just like the other two though), but my first was 37w6d (water broke the day before and it was induced from there *kicks self*), and my youngest was 35w6d. I have a friend who has had 5 kids (2 c/s...1st was breech that she regrets, 5th was a 34w hemorrage due to a slight placenta previa). Her 3 ncb's were all around 37w. So I know it happens, it just seems like a lot of times in ncb circles most people go 40+. I guess maybe I feel a little guilty that I don't go that long. So who goes early?

Crunchy, conservative, Christian, homeschooling, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, not-vaccinating, cloth-diapering, baby-wearing, ec-ing, unassisted-birthing, breastmilk donating, Momma to 7yo, 4yo, 2yo, 2mo.
November 26th, 2010, 10:25 AM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I consider myself right on time, since I was 39w4d with Kate.... 3 days early. I'll never know with my first, as I was induced when we discovered he had passed away at 35w5d. I always figured he'd be around 41 weeks, but who knows.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
November 26th, 2010, 10:46 AM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
not me, I've never gone before 40 weeks. I know at least one other mama who almost always goes into labor early. Some just do

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

November 26th, 2010, 11:11 AM
Caelen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I went into labor at 38 weeks on the dot with DS. There was some dispute about my due date though, I actually think I went within a few days of 40 weeks. The doctors I saw at the time determined I was due April first when I thought I was due within a day or two of when I actually went in... if that makes sense!

This time I'm "due" March 23rd according to my doctor. I determined my due date was the 26th before ever seeing him. Its already been sad, by me, that that almighty date is not gospel to me.. at which point the doctor said "that's okay, its within a few days of the date you had, it wouldn't be a big deal to go later." Thank you!

Stay at home mom to two:
Jacob 03/17/2009
Benjamin 03/18/2011
November 26th, 2010, 12:34 PM
Super Mommy
My sister had 3 babies without being induced and they were all early (one was 5 weeks, her water broke). My mom had 9 children without being induced and they were all (except one) early by at least one week, but no earlier than 3 weeks early. I don't know how I will be, since this is my first.

Thank you to Claire1979 for my wonderful siggy
November 26th, 2010, 01:40 PM
PixieQueen's Avatar Hi-Tech Hippie
Send a message via Yahoo to PixieQueen
My girls came at 37.5 and 38.5 weeks. I didn't do anything to encourage them. As a matter of fact, with my first I didn't initially believe I was in labor because I knew most first-time moms went past 40 weeks.

November 26th, 2010, 02:19 PM
Super Mommy
I went into labor naturally with my first at 39w 5 days. My second, I was sadly induced at 39w. I'm sure she would've come on her own within a few days. With my youngest, I was 38w when my water broke. I'm willing to keep this one in as long as possible. I keep having terrible nightmares about her, and I feel like she's safe inside their.

November 26th, 2010, 04:04 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
My water broke at 36weeks and a couple days.

November 26th, 2010, 04:15 PM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
39 weeks on the dot

November 26th, 2010, 04:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My water broke with Aiden at exactly 37 weeks (his was a c-section after a day of labour starting just after my water breaking, not a ncb though), and my water broke with Ruby at 38.5 weeks, with labour starting right away, and hers was a ncb (vbac).

November 26th, 2010, 07:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
39 weeks 3 days. My mom was a NCBer too I was born at 32 weeks and my brother tried that! - but ended up right around 40. All my aunts and uncles were around 32 weeks too. I had some weird contrax at 31.5 - but she stayed in!

Thank you Kiliki for my first beautiful Siggie!

mom of 2 angels and an earth baby
November 26th, 2010, 07:25 PM
Tiki's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My mom was about a week early with all three of us.. She was really sure of her dates too

The belief that there is only one truth and that oneself is in possession of it seems to me the
deepest root of all evil that is in the world.”
— German physicist Max Born
Like Bear Moon on Facebook
November 26th, 2010, 07:53 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was 40 weeks when I went into labor.

November 27th, 2010, 04:35 AM
HappyHippy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've gone into labor naturally for both my kids. #1 was at 41 weeks exactly, and #2 was at 39wks 3 days. #1 was 7 lbs #2 was 8 lbs.
November 27th, 2010, 06:11 AM
HeatherLyn429's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to HeatherLyn429
Not me though I always get insanely jealous of those who do I know they all bake as long as *they* need and each baby is individual, I just wish that just once one of my babies would decide they were ready to meet me before 40 weeks. I'd love go a few days early or at 38/39 weeks. But I have always gone overdue, anywhere from 2-11 days overdue.
and introducing my new baby princess Penelope Kate born 3/18/14 5:35am 9lbs 5oz 22"
November 27th, 2010, 07:07 AM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
My first I was induced at 37w5d, but I was in early labor and they said I would have gone into full labor within a few days anyways.

With baby #2 I was 39w3d and it was natural. I think my dates were a little off though and she was probably more like 39w on the nose, or 38w and a few days.

November 27th, 2010, 08:08 AM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
With Kailey I had 2 due dates. Pretty sure her real one was July 26th but my MW and I moved it to Aug 2nd so there wasn't any pressure for induction for "being late". I had Kailey on Aug 1st. So, either 1 day early or a couple days late.

I had Nola at 39wks1 day? I had her on the 20th and I was due on the 26th, for some reason I can't think properly... is that 39wks and 2 days? lol

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

November 27th, 2010, 07:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am pretty much right on time. Issac was 40 weeks and Carly was 40w1d. Luke was induced 10 days early due to pre-e, but I have a feeling that he would have made it to 40 weeks otherwise.

November 28th, 2010, 07:17 AM
noworries
I went into labor naturally with both of my kiddos. My daughter was 9 days early and my son was 5 days early.
November 28th, 2010, 08:03 AM
4seasons's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've gone into labor naturally early both times so far, thank goodness. With my first, she was about 5 days early, and my son came 8 days early. I'm reeealllly hoping this third one follows suit. My water has never broken, so i'm just waiting for the good ol' contrax.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search