Inner thigh pressure from baby's head?

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 26th, 2010, 11:38 AM
Isaeph's Avatar Jennifer the Momma
I don't know how to describe it well. It isn't an ache, and it's not always painful...and when it is painful it only lasts a split second. The sensation happens at the center inside upper thigh. No back pain or anything associated with it. Just a spot of sensation. It's happened every pg and I've never had any luck figuring out exactly what it is, other than just assuming a nerve being messed with by the weight of the baby. It doesn't happen until the 3rd tri either. Usually what happens is I go to take a step and I have to stop because of the intense momentary sensation-it just stops me in my tracks for a second, and then I can keep going. Sometimes I have to move my leg in the opposite direction to kind of unstick it. It usually happens every few minutes while I'm up moving around, but today it's happening while standing too. Anyone?

Crunchy, conservative, Christian, homeschooling, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, not-vaccinating, cloth-diapering, baby-wearing, ec-ing, unassisted-birthing, breastmilk donating, Momma to 7yo, 4yo, 2yo, 2mo.
November 26th, 2010, 02:33 PM
Caelen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Are you sure its your leg/thigh and not your groin? I say that because I have pulled my groin muscle playing sports in the past and after the initial "oh ****" it gets to be that dull ache. Not saying you pulled it, just thinking maybe because you're in your third tri and your hips are spreading for birth it might be straining that muscle just a bit.

Have you tried making sure you stretch? I know.. easier said than done while pregnant. lol

Stay at home mom to two:
Jacob 03/17/2009
Benjamin 03/18/2011
November 26th, 2010, 02:47 PM
Isaeph's Avatar Jennifer the Momma
I actually do stretch as often as I remember to. Dh lifts weights a few times a week after the kids are in bed and I do a little and then stretch. I don't think it's a pulled muscle, there wasn't even a really painful moment. I remember when my little brother pulled his groin when we were teenagers and how whiny he was. It's definitely in my thigh, just barely though, right at the top.

Crunchy, conservative, Christian, homeschooling, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, not-vaccinating, cloth-diapering, baby-wearing, ec-ing, unassisted-birthing, breastmilk donating, Momma to 7yo, 4yo, 2yo, 2mo.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search