DH seems 100% on board now

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 26th, 2010, 01:46 PM
Super Mommy
I have been reading a lot about NCB and talking to DH about what I read. He was not terribly supportive at first because he said if we have the option of pain meds, why not take them (this coming from a man who won't take tylenol ). The more I read about the benefits to me and the baby, however, the more on board he is with it. Then the other night, one of his friends was over and they were talking about my birth plan. The friend's wife had a baby naturally. He said it was pretty awesome to watch, she kind of went into an "animal" state. He said she was totally fine until transition and then she was screaming for meds, but it was too late and she was pushing within 20 minutes. He said that his daughter was much more alert than his first daughter and that his wife recovered much faster than with the first labor. One of their friends was bad mouthing natural labor and saying that the wife probably recovered faster because it was her second child and my DH started to talk about what the meds do to the baby and how much better it is for the mom cause she can feel what is going on so she doesn't keep pushing when it is going to tear her, that she knows when to take a break. Then he started talking about breast feeding and all the benefits to that and negatives of having an epidural with regards to breast milk coming in and baby not being able to latch on as well etc. I was so proud that he had listened - and that he seemed so sure that NCB was the way to go.

Thank you to Claire1979 for my wonderful siggy
November 26th, 2010, 02:52 PM
Isaeph's Avatar Jennifer the Momma
That's awsome!

Crunchy, conservative, Christian, homeschooling, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, not-vaccinating, cloth-diapering, baby-wearing, ec-ing, unassisted-birthing, breastmilk donating, Momma to 7yo, 4yo, 2yo, 2mo.
November 26th, 2010, 03:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
So glad that he's more on board now. It took DH a little time too, but before long he was advocating it with all his friends!

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
November 27th, 2010, 09:15 AM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
That's so cute... even when we think they're not listening fully, they are!

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

November 27th, 2010, 09:23 AM
Jannell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is so great!
November 27th, 2010, 10:30 AM
NavyWifey's Avatar Super Mommy
Awe!

My DH did the same thing to one of his military buddies. Apparently his wife was going to be induced BEFORE her due date, and my DH went on this HUGE rant and included the phrases "cascade of interventions", "iatrogenic prematurity", "unnecesarean", "pit to distress", and "Doctor StabbyHands."

I had never been so proud in my life, haha. His buddy actually talked his wife OUT OF having an induction, telling her everything DH told him about lung maturity and NICU rates and all that jazz.

WE WON THIS ONE!

Siggie by the lovely and talented GraysMama
November 27th, 2010, 11:48 AM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyWifey View Post
Awe!

My DH did the same thing to one of his military buddies. Apparently his wife was going to be induced BEFORE her due date, and my DH went on this HUGE rant and included the phrases "cascade of interventions", "iatrogenic prematurity", "unnecesarean", "pit to distress", and "Doctor StabbyHands."

I had never been so proud in my life, haha. His buddy actually talked his wife OUT OF having an induction, telling her everything DH told him about lung maturity and NICU rates and all that jazz.

WE WON THIS ONE!
Awesome.

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search