New, and loving this forum!

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 28th, 2010, 05:13 PM
I now have a daughter!!!
I love that there is a 'topic/forum' for natural childbirths!! I'd like to introduce myself before I start posting away here

I'm Darcy 35, married to James 44, together we have three boys (8,5 & 3). I just got DH on board with TTC on November 8th. He actually approached ME this time - ha..ha.. So, anyway, I was ovulating that same week too, so I ran with it...and got a big fat positive yesterday. WOO-HOO!!!
It couldn't have went any smoother.

My past births have been AWESOME. They were all 100% natural, without any drugs whatsoever. I do think I had something for pain AFTER my birth with my first son for the cramping, but otherwise that was it. My first son was delivered in a bed, my last two were water births. All three were in the hospital though. I LOVE LOVE LOVE water births, and will be doing the same with this baby. I cannot convince my DH to have a homebirth, or else I'd like that too. I must not pester him because I'm happy that he at least jumped on board with baby #4

Oh, and my second son was 10lbs 2 ounces! I didn't believe it when they weighed him, and told them to do it again - ha-ha! So I spent my next pregnancy worrying LOTS that I was going to have an even larger baby. I didn't though - whew.

Anyway, happy to be here! I look forward to getting to knowing you all
November 28th, 2010, 05:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats and welcome to the board! I'm Jennifer and my DH and I are expecting our first, a little girl, in late February! I'm delivering at a freestanding birth center and hoping for a water birth!

Looking forward to getting to know you.

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
November 28th, 2010, 06:01 PM
Congrats on your BFP and welcome to the board! And wow, that's a big ole baby! My biggest was only 9lbs 7ozs.

Did you find that your biggest baby was the easiest one to push out?
November 28th, 2010, 06:42 PM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
Congratz on your BFP and welcome to JM!! This place really is awesome

We did a homebirth for #2 and likely for #3 as well. I really loved it but the one thing that I LOVED about a hospital birth is that you have 3 days and a gazillion nurses at your beck and call.... it's nice to rest up

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

November 28th, 2010, 08:16 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
congrats on your BFP!

I'm Chelsea, expecting #2 in April/May (shooting for 5/5, because I have so much control over it ) and planning a hospital water birth as well Can't wait to get to know you better!

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
November 28th, 2010, 08:25 PM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome and congrats!! My name is Bethany and I'm a c-host here. Hope to get to know you better!

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
November 29th, 2010, 11:34 AM
I now have a daughter!!!
Thank you for all of the nice warm welcomes!!!

Bryar, my largest baby (by a lot), was not the easiest to push out, he got stuck, and I actually had to stand in the tub where he dislodged and came out. Thank God! It was a scary time because it hurt so bad to push, and I knew my body would get him out on his own, so I wasn't even pushing...until my midwife listened to his heart and could tell he was in distress. That's when things got serious and I quit holding back and got him out (after she told me to stand).

Sawyer, my first, was posterior.... Anyway, he did take longer to get out. But, I was also in a bed on my back... (never again). And since I was never in labor before, I was CLUELESS what was in store for me!

With Kaysar, my third, I spent a lot of time worrying I was going to have a huge baby and he'd get stuck. I wasn't afraid of the labor, but the pushing. Well, sure enough, my labor was easy-peasy, but when it came time to push. I think I was holding back again, and it was soooo painful. He was the quickest to come out, but I was also the most verbal with him!!

I am blessed because my midwife is also a client of mine. I'm her personal trainer. So, we're pretty good friends. I am a lucky woman to have someone on my side that I TOTALLY respect and admire. Her knowledge and experience is amazing.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search