Your Reasons For NCB?

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 30th, 2010, 03:27 PM
Jule'sMomInOR's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I didn't want to drug my baby and increased the chances of breastfeeding issues, problems with bonding, or having other interventions. I wanted nothing to interfere with the cocktail of hormones that made me fall in love with DD and her fall in love with me instantly. I didn't want to deal with the side effects of extra meds while caring for a newborn.

November 30th, 2010, 07:19 PM
MaggieLizer's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think my interest in NCB started out as a fear of c-section. I hate the idea of surgery and I didn't want to have to deal with complications or recovery from a c/s. I also hate the idea of a needle in my spine when it's not necessary, plus I knew that an epidural could increase my chance of ending up with a c-section. And I had also read about all the possible side effects or complications from an epidural. I hate not being able to feel any part of my body and I didn't want to be numb at all. I wanted to feel like myself and not be drugged up when my baby was born. And of course the more I read about NCB the more convinced I was that it was what was best for my baby and myself. By the time my due date was near I was actually really excited about going into labor. I couldn't wait to experience it and I don't remember being afraid of it at all. I will definitely try for NCB with any future children.

November 30th, 2010, 07:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have come to realize that the side effects of the drugs are not worth the temporary pain relief. My back is just not the same after my epi from DD...and it didn't even work. I can't remember what they gave me with my surrobaby (it was through the IV). It made me shake, I had no control over my movements (my arms and legs kept twitching and raising), and I couldn't get help because I couldn't talk well enough for anyone to understand me. I was terrified. I don't want to go through that again.

Plus, I do have that stubborn desire to prove that I can do it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search