Enjoy Natural Birth?

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 19th, 2006, 02:45 PM
MamaAshley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have had 3 natural births and loved every second of it! Anyone else enjoy their natural birth?

Ashley, pre-RN student, birth doula and busy SAHM to Brianne 6, Colin 5, Kylie 4,
Bryson 2,and our lil man Noah Alexander turns one year on 7/5/10!

June 19th, 2006, 03:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
ABSOLUTELY loved my natural childbirth!!! Mine was quick and easy!!!

MICHELE: Wife to Chris 04~02~04
Mom to Isabella 04~09~06 5lbs.6oz
& Christopher 09~04~08 4lbs. 5oz

June 19th, 2006, 03:19 PM
TylerJ1029's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love it too! I'd have another baby just to have another natural birth!!

June 19th, 2006, 03:22 PM
doctormom's Avatar Veteran
Just saw this forum - very cool!

Mine was as natural as an induced labor could be... I was a week post-dates, they were a little worried about DS's growth (which was perfect, btw), and had to get induced with pitocin, but otherwise did it with no pain meds! I spent an entire day on pitocin which did nothing, but then the next day they started it & 3 hours later DS was born! I spent some time on the birthing ball which was good, and some time just standing & rocking, and then at the tail end just hanging out in bed cuz at that point I was pretty uncomfortable and didn't feel like being anywhere else! But, I was really glad to "be there" for all of it, no pain meds making me dopey, no epidural keeping me from feeling how to push... And really, it wasn't nearly that bad. I got done and said, "So that's what 10 out of 10 pain feels like? That's not so bad!" Granted, if it had been 24 hours of that I'm not sure I could've done it, but I was pretty determined so who knows. Ironically, DH is an anesthesiologist - he joked all through my pregnancy that he would tie me down and give me an epidural if I got annoying. Ha ha to him!!
June 19th, 2006, 04:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
just wanted to say u guyr are crazy! j/k u are all so strong. i was induced. 2wks over but that was good though cuz there was meconium in my water. no pain meds

but i did have an epi. my labor was only an hour and i wasnt dilated when i started. again you are my superheros!

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

June 19th, 2006, 04:42 PM
magilatuzzi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to magilatuzzi
All natural, one a 28 weeker footling breech, one a 9.1 lber, and one a brow presentation, and if I could go back and do it again, they would all still be natural! I loved not being groggy, and staying in control of my body! Am gearing up for another natural any day now!

DS Drew, 04/94, DS Braden, 10/97, DS Nick, 07/99, DD Danika 07/06, DD Gabriella 11/07,
DSD Rayelle 03/97, DSD Seryna, 06/01
</div>
June 19th, 2006, 04:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Loved it! Can't imagine any other way!
June 19th, 2006, 05:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I won't go overboard and say I LOVED it, but I am very glad I did it the second time around. It was not as hard as I thought it would be, but I was only in labor about 6 hours, and only about the last 2 were really bad. I am deathly afraid of needles, and the thought of one in my spine was highly motivating to me.

June 19th, 2006, 08:12 PM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
Oh, yes! I absolutely love Cameron's birth. I enjoyed it SO much more than Ani's epidural birth. I actually enjoyed being able to feel each contractions and the build up-peak-release wave. I am very excited about having another natural birth in about 2 weeks!

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

June 20th, 2006, 10:46 AM
illinoismommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Can you all tell me WHY you enjoyed it? Did you have moments of doubt in transition? I am seriously considering natural birth with this second baby but I am scared.
Baby expected January 2nd, 2010!

"In the first place, whether you choose or no to take any trouble about the formation of his habits, it is habit, all the same, which will govern ninety-nine one-hundredths of the child's life. We are all mere creatures of habit. We think our accustomed thoughts, make our usual small talk, go through the trivial round, the common task, without any self-determining effort of will at all." -Charlotte Mason
June 20th, 2006, 11:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I know I said I loved it. Heh... that doesn't mean I loved it while it was happening. But afterwards when everything was done and I was holding my baby... I felt very proud of myself! During transition with Lucas, my second I had my doubts... I kept saying I couldn't do it. My husband and midwife said... you're already doing it and you're almost there!

You should really, really looking to a Bradly class if you're thinking about doing a natural birth.
June 20th, 2006, 11:04 AM
doctormom's Avatar Veteran
I think for me it was just such a great feeling to know I trusted my own body to be able to handle it. I also wanted to be able to feel everything just to see what it was like. I'd heard so many stories, but wanted that experience for myself. I didn't want to be groggy and miss it. Plus, I wanted to prove to DH (the anesthesiologist) and myself that I COULD do it, and I really sort of wear it as a badge of honor now. It's not right for everyone, but for me it was great.
June 20th, 2006, 04:32 PM
wonderfullymade's Avatar Doula & MW Apprentice
Send a message via Yahoo to wonderfullymade
My gals (4) were all natural childbirths and I get such a high from them. I am truly a birth junkie and look forward to this, our first boy and 5th child.

Bellies & Babies Blogger
June 20th, 2006, 09:06 PM
wonderfullymade's Avatar Doula & MW Apprentice
Send a message via Yahoo to wonderfullymade
JRD - I enjoyed it because it is empowering and humbling - aweing and amazing. It is beautiful and there is a level of self-accomplishment and fulfillment that I cannot explain that you recieve from knowing you were able to acheive what you set out to do and knowing your body was equipped and able to do it.

I also enjoyed being overwhelmed (allowing my body to be overwhelmed) by something so much greater than myself and my body - it is just.... I can't explain it... amazing!

Also, I was able to experience the birthing O with two of my kids, and it is crazy and euphoric.

Birth itself is euphoric when you can FULLY feel and experience it. The hormones released (when not inhibited by medication) give a person a TRULY euphoric or 'high' experience. It's called a birthing high. That is why some of us call ourselves birth junkies.

Bellies & Babies Blogger
June 21st, 2006, 10:10 AM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
i didn't like it at all, when it was happening... i would've given anything for pain meds... but of course i'm very very proud of myself, very proud.

like, "look what i can do!!"
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

June 21st, 2006, 11:38 AM
Sarah-Jean's Avatar Veteran
You know, this may sound crazy but I love giving birth soooo much! I won't lie and say it's completely painless for me, it has been true agony sometimes but it was such a wonderful experience - after having DS1 birth is the one thing I truely look forward to out of pregnancy!!!

Love,

Sarah-Jean
I have 6 little Angel babies watching over me...

TTC Our Princess in October 06!!!
June 22nd, 2006, 09:38 PM
katy1967
Hi, my name is Katy and I look forward to learning as much as I can from this board.
I have two DD, one is 15 yrs old and one is 11+ months. I am also a member of the Feb 2007 DDC!
With my first DD I went natural. After 10 hours of labor I did ask for the epi but my Dr was dealing with an emergency at his office. How much of an emergency it could have been since it was at the office and not the HOSPITAL WHERE I WAS, I wonder. LOL But 4 hours late my DD was finally born so I was glad I did it without drugs. My 2nd DD didnt turn so I had to have a scheduled C-Section which I thought was horrible. Mind you I did not enjoy labor at all. I thought it was horribly painful. I didnt yell or scream as I have heard of some women doing but cried silently. Just tears streaming down my face unable to utter a sound from the pain. The nurse told my Mom afteward "your daughter doesnt think she did good but let me tell you it was one of the worst labors I have ever witness and she should be so proud of herself" so at least I know I wasnt being a baby about the pain. I have a high pain tolerance and this was just horrible. BUT dealing with the soreness of a section was worse. How do they expect you to care for a newborn when you can barely walk yourself? At least with natural as soon as that head is out of you all the pain goes away. Not the same with the section. OH NO. you are so sore and hurting for days/weeks. Not fun at all.
So I am hoping #3 does not take after Daddy and have a big head so it will turn and be able to come out naturally. #2's head was stuck between my rib cage so I think thats why she never turned.
I look forward to getting to know you all!
June 22nd, 2006, 09:41 PM
NaynayPie's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to NaynayPie
Quote:
I have had 3 natural births and loved every second of it! Anyone else enjoy their natural birth?[/b]
Oh most definitely! I can't wait to give birth again in September. I hope at least one of my sisters can come up, so she can see how birth is meant to happen.

~Nay
June 22nd, 2006, 10:43 PM
Veteran
Send a message via MSN to CharmieCM
BROW PRESENTATION! You're my hero!!

I love natural birth so much I trained to be a midwife so I could do it more often ;-).

I loved mine and wouldn't trade it for any amount of pain meds in the world. I remember so much more of Atley's birth and postpartum than Samuel's, and I recovered so much more quickly from the unmedicated birth! It was night and day difference!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search