What are you planning to do?

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 20th, 2006, 09:58 PM
cyutegurl
Hi girls, I was just wondering how are you planning to give birth? In natural do you mean no laughing gas or anything? Are you going to have your baby in a birthing pool?

If you have any questions about different positioning that feels best and works when your having contractions feel free to ask. Or different things that helps during contractions.

Give some ideas to other ladies too............

June 20th, 2006, 11:01 PM
mrsdutch's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mrsdutch
OK heres what I want...lets see how much I get!
I want to create a calming atmosphere by using soft music and aromatherapy oils...lavender is my favourite and I mean to burn it.
I will use a tub to help pain but I havent decided whether to give birth in the tub yet. I dont want any gas or anything that will possibly affext my baby. Thats why I have told DH to keep me upright at all costs. I dont want to be on my back giving birth. Id like to either squat or go on all fours. I will kill any nurses who try and make me lie flat!

oh by the way please tell me about positioning during contractions, Id love to hear!

Angels Bright from Starry height, change my mind and being with light!

June 21st, 2006, 01:12 AM
cyutegurl
Hi, it sounds like u know what ur going to do LOL

Well some good positions during contractions are like u said going on all fours, leaning against a wall (like putting ur hands on the wall and leaning in),get ur partner or who ever is with you too squeeze your waist/hips everytime ur about to get a contraction, it takes alot of the pain away,having an activity ball (big ones), just go up and down on that (its helps open up things).

Id recommend #1 taking the hot shower, it works wonders!

I hope that helped, any more questions feel free to ask.

ps. the gas mask, does not hurt ur baby at all. I wanted all natural and I used the gas mask, and so did my sister-inlaw. Its okay to use it hun. But its up to you!

All props to you for going all natural, good luck!

p.p.s. Im sure you have already made a birthing plan......if u havnt make sure u state everything ud like.
Like: Do you want to see ur baby crowning when coming out (putting a mirror) and/or touch his/her head.
Do you want to see the placenta. Or u only want an IV if nessacary. In Canada we make birthing plans Im not sure if where ur from does that!
June 21st, 2006, 05:19 AM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
Laughing gas actually isn't an option in the US.

I'm a land birther personally. No drugs at all means no drugs at all. I'm be having this baby at home.

I dilated best in the past just laying on the bed. I don't have a plan for positioning or anything. I do what feels right at the time.

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

June 21st, 2006, 06:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I would love to do a water birth... I wanted to with Xander... except I called my midwife too late and wasn't able to fill the tub. With Lucas we had moved and now our house is too tiny for the tub. We're at the same house so I'll be land birthing with this one too. (I'm a homebirther in case you couldn't tell)

With Xander the contractions were best when I was on all fours with my head resting on the couch. With Lucas it was best for me to be laying down on my right side. With both of them I took hot showers to help me relax. I'm with Butter... I kind of listen to my body and wait to see what would be best at the time.

During both births I listened to soothing music and had the lights down low. That helped a lot.
June 21st, 2006, 08:46 AM
Isaeph's Avatar Jennifer the Momma
We plan on having her at the birth center 2 blocks from the hospital...just in case. Dh will be there, and probably ds (since we have no family here yet). The mw's tell me that a lot of people deliver at night and their older children sleep right through it in the spare room, which is what we're praying for! I think that would be best...or have most of my labor through the night and have her be born just after he wakes up. That would be sooo sweet. But I can't control that stuff, only God!
I don't plan on laying in the bed at all. That was the doom of my labor with ds...and I chickened out and got an epi 7 hours in (he was born 4 hours later). We are reading about the Bradley method and plan on using a lot of those techniques...but I also plan to internalize and fully rely on God to get me through the pain. I know I can with Him. And that will free up dh to watch ds too, or to rest if its during the night. I think I'd probably like to give birth squatting. Our bc has a squat bar that has a pad under it, and I think I want to use that. No big tub, so I can't birth in one, but they do have a regular sized one that I can labor in for a while.

Crunchy, conservative, Christian, homeschooling, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, not-vaccinating, cloth-diapering, baby-wearing, ec-ing, unassisted-birthing, breastmilk donating, Momma to 7yo, 4yo, 2yo, 2mo.
June 21st, 2006, 08:53 AM
wonderfullymade's Avatar Doula & MW Apprentice
Send a message via Yahoo to wonderfullymade
I am planning absolutely no medications (including gas) and no unnecessary interventions. A hospital birth is what we are looking at currently, but would like a homebirth if the funds become available in time.

I am planning on having an active first stage labor (walking, dancing, stairs, moving moving moving). It works best for me. Always has

Late first stage (active) and Transition I will most likely want to get in the tub or shower as it helps me work through those last few cm of dilation.

For pushing, I am a FAST FAST pusher, so I will probably opt for a modified squat (as a full would be too fast) or modified classic.

For active labor, I have always enjoyed walking, labor dancing (including humming or otherwise vocalizing), all fours and leaning on the birthing ball. With my posterior baby, I was crawling the whole time, only getting up to push in the froggy position... lolo.

Bellies & Babies Blogger
June 24th, 2006, 09:24 AM
Frelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to Frelle Send a message via AIM to Frelle Send a message via Yahoo to Frelle
I have found that if I am experiencing back labor or tailbone pressure, that I like to deal with some of those contractions on all fours in an arch back position. I found that tightening my abs and tucking my butt and rounding my back actually felt BETTER.

Also, taking time between contractions to bounce on a birthing ball/yoga ball or to do lunges to the side (torso forward, one leg bent at the knee and the other out straight) helps to open the cervix and stretch the pelvis.

Standing, walking, rocking, dancing holding onto my DH or the fridge helped too.

Thank you BAM for my signature!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search