WonderfullyMade

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 22nd, 2006, 11:08 PM
Veteran
Send a message via MSN to CharmieCM
Just wondering . I have this developing desire to get pg with twins this time and one of the reasons is that I would just LOVE to have a twin homebirth!!
June 23rd, 2006, 08:30 AM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
You are too funny Charlotte. An on-line friend of mine had a twin homebirth a year ago in January. Her son and daughter were born on different days since one was born just before midnight and the other just after. My midwife will be delivering twins any day now. The babies are just about 40 weeks and last I heard from the mom they are still happily inside.

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

June 23rd, 2006, 02:04 PM
DahliaMarie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to DahliaMarie Send a message via Yahoo to DahliaMarie
How exciting!

I was so happy to learn that the midwife I chose would deliver me at home, even if I were pregnant with twins. Many in this area refuse. Twins run in my family, and I have always hoped one of my pregnancys would be a twin pregnancy.

Nothing really to add, just wanted to share that...

<div align="center"></div>
June 23rd, 2006, 03:34 PM
wonderfullymade's Avatar Doula & MW Apprentice
Send a message via Yahoo to wonderfullymade
Hey CharmieCM

Unfortunately, no. They were a hospital birth with a very supportive OB. We were planning on a vertex (Baby A) and a breech (Baby B) vaginally. Well, Baby B flipped after her sis was born and was vertex as well.

We were induced at 36 weeks with pitocin as Baby B had no fluid in her sac from 48 hours previous and I was not laboring myself. So, after establishing contrax, we turned off the pit and I kept on my own. Beyond that one intervention - I was able to move on my own and utilize the hospital like my home (though I wish it were at home).

We were planning this to be our homebirth, but finances are keeping us from it. DH has promised that, if business picks up and bills are paid, we can spend that extra amount that it would take and we can have our homebirth. Here's praying and wishing!

Bellies & Babies Blogger
June 23rd, 2006, 03:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'll be praying that you can get your homebirth! I hope you get it this time!
June 25th, 2006, 04:09 PM
MissyPrincessEha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Very inspiring wonderfully made!

Charmie with twins. *sigh* Now that would be just heaven!

June 30th, 2006, 10:56 PM
Veteran
Send a message via MSN to CharmieCM
Sorry about the delayed response. My computer has been in the shop for a WHOLE WEEK!

I don't know why, but for some reason I got the impression they were a homebirth . It sounds like you had a great experience, though! It's pretty common for the second baby to turn vertex once baby A has been kicked out and baby B has room to move again!

A twin homebirth would be so cool, but here it would have to be a UC and while I know I have the balls for a singleton UC, I just don't know about twins *eek*, but I can't see having them in the hospital, after all that I've seen and done as a midwife. I also don't know about raising twins *double eek*. Still, I've always thought twin girls would be lots of fun (and work!). I guess I'll cross all of those bridges if I ever come to them.

Chelita: A week ago TTC and twin girls was all I could think of, but now I have a LOT more on my mind .

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search