Music?

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 24th, 2006, 08:07 AM
Super Mommy
I want to have music available for relaxation and/or distraction while I'm birthing, but, I have no idea what I should bring! I like a LOT of different types of music, anything from classic rock to country to pop... I don't really listen to classical, christian/religious, jazz or much hip hop/rap though.

I have songs I like turning up while the windows are rolled down in the car on a hot summer day (classic rock, some 80s), songs I like to sing along with (Sarah McLachlan, some country), and stuff I just like hearing. Should I be looking for one particular type of music to bring, or should I mix a bunch of various cds?

Any suggestions?

</div>
June 24th, 2006, 08:23 AM
Super Mommy
One Lady I know chose african music that had a really strong beat so she could focus. Personally I'd say bring a wide variety of music and that way you can listen to whatever suits you at the time
June 24th, 2006, 09:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I want to have music available for relaxation and/or distraction while I'm birthing, but, I have no idea what I should bring! I like a LOT of different types of music, anything from classic rock to country to pop... I don't really listen to classical, christian/religious, jazz or much hip hop/rap though.

I have songs I like turning up while the windows are rolled down in the car on a hot summer day (classic rock, some 80s), songs I like to sing along with (Sarah McLachlan, some country), and stuff I just like hearing. Should I be looking for one particular type of music to bring, or should I mix a bunch of various cds?

Any suggestions?[/b]

Your music tastes are just like mine! With Xander I listened to Enya while I was laboring. With Lucas I listened to the Titanic soundtrack... don't know why...
June 24th, 2006, 01:46 PM
TylerJ1029's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well I had DH upload a playlist to his IPod so that I had alot to choose from. Alot of it was relaxing songs that I knew the words to. That way I could kinda sing along and help my mind drift off and relax. But with DD I didnt even have time to listen to the music. DH made fun of me about that because I had bugged him for weeks to put the music on the IPod.

June 24th, 2006, 02:27 PM
*PurpleMidnight*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
with ds I had a mixture of everything I liked on a cd

June 24th, 2006, 05:39 PM
Veteran
I listened to a relaxation CD called "The Tao of Peace" which was excellent for me. I also had some Gregorian chants mixed in and some other classical stuff. I found I didn't want anything with too fast a beat or too loud. I used the Bradley method so I was just trying to relax

June 25th, 2006, 07:37 AM
mrsdutch's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mrsdutch
I would have a mixture of different music. Im going to bring music but relaxation music. Something with beats will not help me concentrate!

Angels Bright from Starry height, change my mind and being with light!

June 26th, 2006, 07:17 AM
LaLa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
As a doula, I usually encourage mom to bring a few of her favorite cds - a mix. Then I also bring some music, kinda classical with nature sounds int he background - thats the one used the most. I have some that are just nature sounds, some that are just classical, and we usually try several - but hands down MOST moms prefer the classical WITH nature sounds for some reason lol.

The drs even comment that they feel so much better leaving our room, and some will stay and comfort the mom and spend more time after the birth than with other patients - Ive had several drs comment that time flew by, they were so relaxed (we do dim lights and low music in almost every birth ive attended so far).

I think music is great, it really sets the mood - when the lights are low, the music is playing, etc... the nurses will sometimes just peek in and decide to back off - esp if they were just coming in for extra sheets or towels for another room.

Lala...

My BBT Chart

DEBT PAY DOWN!!!
Baby Step #1 DONE ($1k in ER savings!)

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/debt/wRzFQue/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search