Hired a Doula!!

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 4th, 2011, 02:17 PM
blondie-lox's Avatar Do NOT feed the Troll
YAY!

I finally hired a doula today. I met with two and while I really liked both, I just clicked with the one I met with today. She's been a doula for 10 years and is certified with DONA. She was SUPER prepared, showed up with a binder and tons of hand outs for me. She was VERY knowledgeable and is passionate about natural childbirth (she has 5 kids of her own all born naturally, 3 at home). She was very supportive and excited about my VBA2C. She cried when I told her my birth experience from my first (it was VERY traumatic and horrible). She is involved with a NCB group and she wants me to write my birth story from my first and then wants me to write this birth (if all goes according to plan) for one of her articles. She has also has experience with Hypnobabies, which is a major bonus since I'm using it. She is also available from now until after I deliver ANY time to talk, get together or get any sort of support. She is available for 6 weeks post partum as well. I was FLOORED by this as most doula's aren't this available. She also only costs $250, and said she's so inexpensive because she wants to help as many women as possible and doesn't want those who can't afford $500+ to miss out on the amazing benefits of a doula. She's just FABULOUS. I'm so thrilled.

Huge thanks to *Kiliki* for the FANTABULOUS new siggy!!
August 4th, 2011, 02:36 PM
MiniMom's Avatar Head Lady Bird
I'm so happy for you! My Doula was $300.00...she's the cheapest, but the best in my opinion too!

August 4th, 2011, 09:06 PM
10x_A_Mommy's Avatar formerly mom_of_8
That's great!! I'm a little sad I won't get a doula this time, but it's because we are preparing to move 600 miles away, I'm hiring a home birth midwife, and will already be 32 weeks when we move so that doesn't get much time to find a doula and come up with the funds. My best friend will be there with me though so she'll just have to be doula for the day
Tristan ~ lost 2/6/03 @ 20 weeks

August 5th, 2011, 05:05 AM
New_England_Girl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
She sounds amazing I'm so glad you found someone you love to help you get your dream birth! Congrats!

Married to my best friend for a decade.
Mom to:

Cassidy, 6.5 yrs. Born 10/23/07, 7 pounds 10 ounces, 20 in.

Joel, 4.75 yrs. Born 6/23/09, 9 pounds 12 ounces, 21 in.

Timothy, 2 yrs. Born 3/20/12, 9 pounds 4 ounces, 22.5 in.

August 5th, 2011, 05:18 AM
thepinkleprechaun's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to thepinkleprechaun
Yay! I'm so glad you found someone!!!
August 5th, 2011, 05:57 AM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
Glad you found someone you like!! And even better at a great price!

Facebook
August 5th, 2011, 03:32 PM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
That sounds absolutely wonderful!!! Wow I am impressed. And i thought my doula was awesome!

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
August 10th, 2011, 04:52 PM
Fiddlist's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I want a doula so bad!! I didn't have one last time. I just have to see if we can afford it. I'm so glad you were able to find such a perfect one, and affordable too!

August 10th, 2011, 06:30 PM
MissusF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad you found a doula that you love! And what a steal at $250. I love her philosophy that it's better to help as many women as possible and make less $.

August 11th, 2011, 08:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
She sounds like a dream doula! I'm so glad you finally hired one...and one you really love at that.

August 11th, 2011, 12:03 PM
DaniB+3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good for you! I hired one for this birth and am SO glad that I have her. She was only $350 since she's still in the process of certifying but seriously, she seems to be more knowledgeable and together than the doulas I met who were certified and charged $700-$900+. I hope it goes well!!

Thank you, *sharon*, for my siggy!

August 13th, 2011, 09:55 AM
HippyMomOf4's Avatar Hippy Mom Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via MSN to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via Yahoo to HippyMomOf4
That's amazing! She sounds awesome

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search