Am I strange?

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 5th, 2011, 07:43 AM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
Because I hated the idea of being able to plan my baby's birthday? I keep hearing moms to be talking about how great it is to plan the birthday and know when it's all going to happen. I hated that! I was so glad Hunter got to pick his own birthday and I love the fact that he was due the 12th and waited till the 29th - 2 days before DH's birthday, just to steal the spotlight lol! DH hasn't had a birthday cake of his own in 3 years now because we always have "left overs" from Hunter.

This baby is "due" the 4th and honestly I'd love him/her to come on the 15th - which is my dad's birthday (he passed away in November). Even my siblings have commented on how very cool that would be but it wouldn't be cool or unique if we scheduled it for that, ya know? If it happens on it's own, awesome, if not well then I guess baby just doesn't want to share it's birthday!

Facebook
August 5th, 2011, 09:54 AM
thepinkleprechaun's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to thepinkleprechaun
I guess in this day and age it is weird

I feel the same way though...well actually I just don't want to be induced, that is the absolute LAST thing I want. Of course I'm impatient but it's kind of exciting not knowing when baby will decide to come!
August 5th, 2011, 10:59 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I think it ruins the fun to pick your child's birthday. I don't think you are weird at all...but I guess that is because I feel much the same way.

Liam was not due until 11-11-09. I swore up and down he was going to be late, was even planning alternate Thanksgiving plans if he came right before the holiday (he was not late at all!). I went into labor on my late grandmother's birthday. I never met her and it made my grandfather really happy...like a sign that she was watching and around for her first grandson's birth. He was born the following day, but it was still pretty neat to have him so close to her birthday...it makes us all remember it even better. And that is special.

My dad is HOPING this baby waits til October 12th to come. It is his birthday and he thinks it would be cool to have a grandchild born on his birthday. He (my dad) was technically born on his big sister's birthday...but he was born in Japan, so the time change made it the following day. They joke that if only he had been born in America, they would share a birthday (they were military and moved a lot).

So there are lots of cool stories that come from babies picking their own day to come (heck, I was born RIGHT on time...on my due date. The first and only time I have been on time in my whole life!!). And it is just not special to pick a day off the calander and force your child to be born on that day. There is nothing unique in three kids all born on the 27th of the month if they did not come on those days naturally!!

Last edited by ashj_1218; August 5th, 2011 at 11:02 AM.
August 5th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie+3babies View Post
I guess in this day and age it is weird

I feel the same way though...well actually I just don't want to be induced, that is the absolute LAST thing I want. Of course I'm impatient but it's kind of exciting not knowing when baby will decide to come!
I'm with you, induction is my worst nightmare - well other than a c-section which I have nightmares over so it's strange for me to meet people who WANT them. I have a fear of surgery though, I'm almost glad when my gallbladder went out on me that it was an emergency situation because had I been in clear mind (not in, "I'd rather be dead than in this pain" mentality lol) I would have been scared to death to have the surgery! But at that point I was in so much pain I was begging them to knock me out!

I think not knowing when Hunter would come is all that kept me sane, I wanted soo badly to experience going into labor on my own that I was willing to wait as long as it took to get that. And boy it was worth the wait!! Everyone tells me how crazy I am for not "just getting it over with" but I think if they could have experienced his birth, they'd better understand. It was beyond amazing. First time I've ever been able to say I would happily do it again!

Facebook
August 5th, 2011, 03:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Honestly, if I had to plan when my baby was born, it would stress me out. What if something awful happened on their birthday, like 9/11? What if a serial killer was born on their birthday? It's too much pressure, I think I'd rather nature decide for me lol

August 5th, 2011, 05:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I like the idea of letting nature/the baby decide on his/her own birthday. I don't like the idea of scheduling a day and knowing when my baby will born. I almost think it would be more stressful to do that than to just wait it out and let baby come when thier ready.

Expecting baby #4 - It's a BOY!

August 5th, 2011, 05:59 PM
I kinda hope my baby comes at 39 weeks because then I'll have 37/38/39 I have only ever been pregnant up to 38 weeks exactly (well they tried to say it was 37w 6d) so I am kind of nervous about getting through the last few weeks of pregnancy. But when you look at it long term...what is 2 or 3 weeks? Completely insignificant once you actually have the baby
August 6th, 2011, 07:03 AM
10x_A_Mommy's Avatar Plus 1 :)
I don't think your strange at all. I cringe when I hear people say they are scheduling this or that date for one reason or another. If baby was READY to come that day, they would!

I'm due Nov 6 and am really hoping the baby is not born on Halloween, in fact I'd love for the baby to arrive on 11/1/11 because that would just be a pretty cool birthday, but there's no way I'd do anything to plan his arrival for that day. It's hard at the end wondering when will it happen, but the anticipation is exciting at the same time, waking up each day wondering.......is today the day?
Tristan ~ lost 2/6/03 @ 20 weeks

August 6th, 2011, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2seven View Post
I don't think your strange at all. I cringe when I hear people say they are scheduling this or that date for one reason or another. If baby was READY to come that day, they would!

I'm due Nov 6 and am really hoping the baby is not born on Halloween, in fact I'd love for the baby to arrive on 11/1/11 because that would just be a pretty cool birthday, but there's no way I'd do anything to plan his arrival for that day. It's hard at the end wondering when will it happen, but the anticipation is exciting at the same time, waking up each day wondering.......is today the day?
My bday is Nov 1st! I have always loved it...I would love to have a Halloween baby too since that is my favorite holiday. DH keeps joking about having an "october baby" to make me mad since he KNOWS the baby has to be evicted by mid-september at the very latest!
August 6th, 2011, 10:06 AM
Quantum_Leap's Avatar frequent flier
I agree with you completely. Maybe it's a dumb analogy, but having an induction for that reason seems like playing a computer game on a really easy level or something. There's no satisfaction when you win, because you know the thing is rigged,

For us, Charlie was born on January 7th and Beau was born on July 6th. It would have been kind of cool if he had been born one day later, because then they each would have been born on each other's half birthdays. But that's not when he wanted to be born. It was up to him, not me.

Thank you to the SSMC makers for my beautiful siggies!

(x2)(x2)(October 2011)
August 6th, 2011, 07:43 PM
I now have a daughter!!!
I'm with the rest of you. I totally can't stand the thought of picking out a day for my baby to be born. I haven't had to do it yet, and praying I don't have to this time either. My boys were 6 days late, and 13 days late (first two were both 6 days late). I'm so hoping that this one is not MORE than 13 days late!! I love the fact that it's when baby and our body says "it's time". Nobody else.

August 19th, 2011, 10:49 PM
kristen121's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree. If there were some kind of medical reason to schedule an induction/c-section in advance, then I guess it is what it is, but I would prefer to let baby come when she is ready. Everyone already knows it's a girl, so her birthday is the only part left that will be a surprise.

August 20th, 2011, 11:56 AM
Mum2LGandC's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I totally agree. I can't wait to see what birthday this baby will have and whether it will be an August or September baby. I think it would be cool to have baby arrive on 9/10/11, but whatever day baby chooses is fine by me. It would also be kind of neat if baby was born in August since both of my other kiddos were born in different months than they were "due" (DS was due 4/27 and born 5/3 and DD wa due 7/2 and born 6/26).

DD wa born on Dh's 30th birthday and the poor guy hasn't had his "own" birthday celebration since then. I think that was a pretty awesome birthday present though.

August 20th, 2011, 03:51 PM
DaniB+4's Avatar Super Moderator
I'm now looking at my baby's birthday being scheduled for this upcoming Thursday and it's pretty devastating. I had to do the same with my twins and it's just such a let down. I was really looking forward to the baby deciding when he's gonna come.

Thank you, *sharon*, for my siggy!

August 22nd, 2011, 10:54 AM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I much prefer letting the baby pick their own birth day. Even if I were to choose a repeat c-section, I would still wait until I went into labor first.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search