41 week appointment (41 weeks tomorrow)

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 12th, 2011, 09:11 AM
I now have a daughter!!!
I just got back a bit from my appointment with Kim. I want to pull my hair out. I hate being so indecisive! She is the best midwife EVER in that she lets me do whatever I want. She is game with anything at all I want. With that said, I was dilated to 3, stretchy to 4. Cervix is still kind of hard though. She offered me the gel right then and there, but said she'd prefer if I came in tonight instead, or tomorrow morning, or whenever my little heart desired. I think it's too early for me to succumb to the gel at this point, but boy how freaking tempting!!!

Another idea is to do the gel Monday morning. It can take 48 hours for it to do much to my cervix, but she thinks I'd be back in Monday night having a baby if we did it then. This is what I'm leaning toward. I hate to try it then too though. I feel like I'm giving up. I am all about natural and letting my body do it's thing, but with DH working 4 hours away, it's just not ideal to not speed things along if I can... I would either have him miss a whole week of work waiting for her to come on her own, or gamble that he would miss it if he did go to work.

Another option would be to do nothing at all and she says the baby would be here within a week on her own... this is what I would prefer and do in a heartbeat, if it weren't due to DH being 4+ hours away..GRRR.. It's so hard to tell. He could maybe have plenty of time to come home, I had good warning with Sawyer and with Kaysar, where I was crampy all day long w/ mild contractions. Once I was admitted to the hospital, it went fast and 5 hours later we had a baby. With Bryar, my water broke out of the blue, and a few hours later we had a baby. Jimmy made it to the hospital for like the last 2 hours? Totally a gamble, and not worth risking him missing it.

She also said I could come in every day for awhile to get my membranes swiped and acupuncture too if I didn't want the gel (she'd have to come in special, as she's physically only there two days a week). She's just fabulous. She came in special for me today (she's on call), and is going to do the same for me tomorrow when I told her I'd like to try that. So, I go in again in the morning for the same business as today.

Soooo, again, as it stands right now, I will probably agree to the gel Monday morning (but still have to have another bio physical profile)....sigh... and DH will not be returning to work until after she's born. Exciting, but I hate for these decisions to be in my hands. I'd rather BG just knocked on my cervix and told it to open up and come out on her own!!!!!!

It IS a full-moon tonight though... so I am still hopeful that it will happen this weekend.... just feeling like it won't at this point

August 12th, 2011, 02:18 PM
thepinkleprechaun's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to thepinkleprechaun

I hope it happens this weekend! Have you tried making that eggplant parm recipe that's supposed to put you into labor?
August 12th, 2011, 07:31 PM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
Urghh I would be so torn too!!!

With your husband's work situation it sure makes things more difficult. Could he not just stay home from work now... and just wait for the baby to come with you?

Whatever you decide to do, I am sure it will all work out in the end :-)

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
August 12th, 2011, 10:06 PM
10x_A_Mommy's Avatar formerly mom_of_8
Hoping this full moon works with your body!! I don't know that I would have had the will power to turn down the gel at this point so you should definitely be proud of that Whatever you decide, I don't think you're giving up at all. You are well past the 40 week mark, it's not like you're one of those ladies at 35 weeks trying anything and everything to get baby out. You're not opting to schedule an iv induction or c-section, just thinking about a little kick start.
Tristan ~ lost 2/6/03 @ 20 weeks

August 12th, 2011, 11:26 PM
I now have a daughter!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2seven View Post
Hoping this full moon works with your body!! I don't know that I would have had the will power to turn down the gel at this point so you should definitely be proud of that Whatever you decide, I don't think you're giving up at all. You are well past the 40 week mark, it's not like you're one of those ladies at 35 weeks trying anything and everything to get baby out. You're not opting to schedule an iv induction or c-section, just thinking about a little kick start.
I needed this, thank you!!! If I had a successful drug free birth (besides the Prepidil), would it even be considered natural?! Ugh.. I want four natural drug-free births I'm seriously considering trying the gel tomorrow now. I feel if I try Monday, why not just do it two days earlier and then my DH will have 2 more days being home. If this full moon doesn't put me over the edge tonight (looks unlikely), then I feel like she won't be here come Monday anyway...sigh..

I just got done using my PIS for nipple stimulation. Didn't do much..GRR..

August 13th, 2011, 09:51 AM
HippyMomOf4's Avatar Hippy Mom Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via MSN to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via Yahoo to HippyMomOf4
Good luck! U might go into labor before Monday

August 13th, 2011, 10:11 AM
I now have a daughter!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie+3babies View Post

I hope it happens this weekend! Have you tried making that eggplant parm recipe that's supposed to put you into labor?
No, I haven't. Our small grocery store didn't even have pineapple to try! GRRRR...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippyMomOf4 View Post
Good luck! U might go into labor before Monday
Thank you! I'm in better spirits today.... It's such mind games at the end. I truly think I'd be patient this go-around if it weren't due to where DH was working.

With that said, my appointment was more positive today just because she said I was more softer than yesterday, and she said she wouldn't be surprised if I went into labor by tomorrow. Gives me hope anyway yet!

For my workout this morning, I hooked myself up to the breastpump on the treadmill! LOL! What a site, I'm sure. I'll try anything though at this point!

August 13th, 2011, 10:25 AM
I now have a daughter!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessedw3boys View Post
I needed this, thank you!!! If I had a successful drug free birth (besides the Prepidil), would it even be considered natural?! Ugh.. I want four natural drug-free births I'm seriously considering trying the gel tomorrow now. I feel if I try Monday, why not just do it two days earlier and then my DH will have 2 more days being home. If this full moon doesn't put me over the edge tonight (looks unlikely), then I feel like she won't be here come Monday anyway...sigh..

I just got done using my PIS for nipple stimulation. Didn't do much..GRR..
Oops, my most recent indecisiveness is that I'm refusing the gel until I have to! I really love to "birth", and I really don't want to force my baby girl out. I also want to see what day she picks, AND how this labor and birth compares to my others. I might have DH go to work on Monday and Tuesday of next week, then have him come home for good Tuesday night. They work long hours and comp their time, so really he'd only be missing 1 1/2 days of work (they are done at noon on Thursday), and it would be just Monday morning through Tuesday night that he's gone. We'll see how the next couple of days go though before deciding for certain.

I so hope I don't change my mind now about the gel ........... I'm so relieved to be (pretty) confident in my decision to wait it out!

August 13th, 2011, 07:30 PM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
I think that sounds like a great plan! Just stay strong in your decision and maybe the relaxation will make baby come soon!

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

August 15th, 2011, 01:28 AM
pink_piggy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree, sounds like a good plan. Any progress? Wonder if she's all ready made her appearance?
August 15th, 2011, 02:21 AM
I now have a daughter!!!
Good Morning! Well, my update and most recent decision is that I'm keeping DH home for the week. With me now being 9 days overdue, it's too much of a gamble to send him to work 4+ hours away So, he'll just have to kick it in high gear around here and at least be productive while he's home!! No idea of how much time he'll take off work either. We'll see when she arrives.

With that said, I think it's getting very close. I was thinking it could have been last night with my BH. I was having them even while in bed, and my nesting has really kicked in. I have another appointment with my midwife this morning for a swipe and acupuncture (but also have to get BPP and NST..GRR). I have hope it will be within 24 hours though, I hope I'm right!

August 15th, 2011, 04:30 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
good luck!!

August 15th, 2011, 04:51 AM
thepinkleprechaun's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to thepinkleprechaun
Good luck! I'm interested to see if the acupuncture does it for you
August 15th, 2011, 03:01 PM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Keep us posted!!

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
August 15th, 2011, 03:10 PM
I now have a daughter!!!
Still here, still pregnant, and still frustrated! I've been doing okay up until lately. Now, I'm having some painful contractions here and there. Enough to annoy me, but not enough to put me in labor apparently..GRRRR...

I had another NST and BPP today. Baby is still thriving. Because my midwife wants me to do another NST and BPP check on her come Thursday, I am 90% sure my personal limit will be the gel on Wednesday morning. I don't want to hang out at the hospital again for 3 - 4 hours for all of that stuff, nor do I want to pay for it again..GRRR... And DH IS home... so I will force myself to succumb!

I am soo soo soo hoping I go on my own before then though! I was dialated to 4 today and she swiped me. No acupuncture because she had to work me in the schedule and didn't have time for it. She's meeting me again tonight at 6 for another swipe. I will jump for joy when / if I do go into labor on my own!

Darcy
9 days overdue...

August 15th, 2011, 03:27 PM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
I hope that you go!!! Hopefully tonight does the trick.

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
August 15th, 2011, 04:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thinking of you, I was wondering how your appt went today and if you decided to do the gel. Keeping my fingers crossed for you everyday, come on baby girl!

How many days overdue were you with your other 3? Your last was 12 days, wasn't he?

Expecting baby #4!

August 15th, 2011, 07:02 PM
I now have a daughter!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andi2284 View Post
Thinking of you, I was wondering how your appt went today and if you decided to do the gel. Keeping my fingers crossed for you everyday, come on baby girl!

How many days overdue were you with your other 3? Your last was 12 days, wasn't he?
Thank you! I so need all the good thoughts I can get I met my midwife again tonight at 6:00 and she swiped me. She said I was dilated to 4, shorter cervix, 75% effaced, and very soft. Change is happening, just hope it's enough to put me over the edge!

Yes, my first two boys were 6 days late, and then my 3rd was 12 days late. I've been trying a ton of things this time around to get a head start on her delivery, so I was HOPING it would be helping...GRRR.. So far, not so much!

Having some nice contractions again, but they are just spurty I hate deadlines... I would be shocked if it didn't happen by Wednesday though with the way I feel. Time will tell........

August 15th, 2011, 08:17 PM
DaniB+3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I keep thinking about you and hoping things happen for you very, very soon!

Thank you, *sharon*, for my siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search