having second thoughts

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 13th, 2011, 08:22 AM
dbarney's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I went natural with my second and I have been planning another natural this time but now that it's getting closer I keep thinking about it and remembering how painful it was. I was okay with everything up until the transition time when things are really intense and I just happen to be in the car heading t the hospital and having to lay on a bed for monitoring. THis time I have decied to go sooner to avoid that kind of situation. I just keep thinking that this one's going to be longer and I wont be bale to do it.

August 13th, 2011, 09:58 AM
HippyMomOf4's Avatar Hippy Mom Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via MSN to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via Yahoo to HippyMomOf4
You can do it mama! Just think about what a wonderful gift you get at the end. Look at it like its positive pain and ur working towards something totally amazing.

August 13th, 2011, 07:13 PM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
Agree with this^^^ totally! Another thought is to try to work out a lot of ways to prevent that scenario from happening again. Like you said, you could get to the hospital a little sooner. You could talk them into a telemetry unit for monitoring during transition. Just remember, that uncomfortableness during transition is so small in comparison to the longer benefits of going natural. Read LOTS of positive birth stories and think about the positive end! You can do it!!

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

August 14th, 2011, 06:30 AM
provosto's Avatar Mommy to Arden!
Just remember that once transition hits, it's almost over! It's a very productive pain and you have done it before and you can do it again! And think of how good it feels to push.
August 15th, 2011, 01:17 AM
pink_piggy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree with the ladies. You can do it!!
August 15th, 2011, 06:11 AM
10x_A_Mommy's Avatar formerly mom_of_8
I agree with the other ladies too You've done this before, you can do it again, and it's normal to be scared. I've had 7 kids and there are still times when I think to myself "Why do I do it the 'hard' way"? Then I think about the fact that my kids were able to come into this world without a single drug in their little bodies and that makes it all worth it to me.

With thinking the labor will be longer - that is only going to discourage you more. I'd advise hiding the clocks. My 4th labor was only 22 minutes, my 5th was around 5 hours and I was so mad that it was taking longer that the stress was making my body not progress. My 7th I never saw a clock and had no idea how long my labor was until it was over and it ended up feeling like my fastest labor ever (it was 4.5 hours). Recognize all your fears and try to find ways to counteract them.
Tristan ~ lost 2/6/03 @ 20 weeks

August 17th, 2011, 04:20 AM
*PurpleMidnight*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree, you totally can do it again!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search