Reading back...

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 28th, 2011, 01:30 PM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
On my pregnancy journal I wrote while I was pregnant with Hunter. I was going off about how annoying all the people who were complaining about not being in labor at 37-39 weeks were while I was 42 weeks and going no where and ranting about how looking at pictures of peoples babies made me realize I had an almost 2 week old baby inside me lol. I was soo frusterated it was comical to re-read it!

With that said, I am realizing that I've got a long 3 (+) weeks ahead of me. I was thinking all these contractions and bloody mucas were a good sign of labor to come soon but reading back I see that I had it all with Hunter at this point too. Boo! I was hoping to be in labor for labor day! Well, actually I was hoping the Friday before since DH has a 3 day weekend it just seems so perfect to have him home for 3 days without him missing any work!

Oh well... back to reality. I'll be pregnant till mid-September and give birth to a baby the size of a 2 month old lol.

Facebook
August 28th, 2011, 02:43 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
make some eggplant parm thurs night! LOL

August 28th, 2011, 03:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I can say that I now can understand where you are coming from! I even look back at those moms who only go a few days over thier due dates with some jealousy, even though I was one of them at one point.

Thinking of you and hoping for a smooth labor for you whenever your baby shows up. I cant' wait to hear the news!

Expecting baby #4!

August 28th, 2011, 03:02 PM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
That was one of the things I re-read from my journal and it didn't work, actually, it just gave me a horribly upset stomach so I think I'll skip all those crazy things I did and ate trying to get labor started since all they seemed to do was make me sore and miserable lol.
Maybe because it's my body's 2nd time around doing the "natural" thing it'll go a bit sooner this time though... that's my only hope at this point lol!

Facebook
August 28th, 2011, 07:44 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I actually get a little irritated by people "hoping to go early" and "sure they will go into labor at 37 weeks." I dunno why. I was one of the ones that DID go into natural labor at 36 weeks. BUT, it irritates me because I guess I know it is not *normal* or *typical* for people to go so early. That babies need to bake on their own timeline and rushing them out is not going to do any good. Plus, I know that having them at 37 weeks can still mean they need support (NICU time).

I am sorta sad that I might have a "two-month-old" this time as well. With my first I got to enjoy that teeny-tiny baby stage for a while (although I would have traded it for him to not have to go to NICU after birth). This time, I think I will be delivering way closer to my EDD (if not beyond) and he is estimated to be a bigger baby. My mom's youngest (my bro) was 10lbs, 12oz at birth and he looks like a toddler in his newborn pics!! Lol. He literally has red marks everywhere from being so squished up in there. But he was gorgeous...so I keep thinking that I want a nice plump healthy baby...even if I am waddling around at 43 weeks still!

I am really gonna try to stay as upbeat as you are and keep in mind that plenty of people have gone farther past their due date than I will (I tell myself that...hoping I am not the first woman to be pregnant for 50 weeks!!)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search