I'm going to ((venting, I'm having a cruddy Monday lol))

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 29th, 2011, 10:24 AM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
lose my mind pretty soon if these contractions don't STOP! It's been days now of contractions that vary from 2-5 minutes apart, they're not just the BH I'm used to with the tightening feeling. They start in the middle of my belly, wrap around my back with the tightening which feels like my spine is being pulled in half, then go straight down to my tailbone and I get this horrible pressure in my butt/pelvic area and lower back and menstral like cramps and it feels so tight all over that sometimes I can't even stand straight up!! It will go on ALL DAY LONG... very very very annoying because it's not getting me anywhere - other than highly emotional, exhausted and pissed off. And then I'm supposed to be sitting and getting in all these positions to encourage the baby to turn but quite franky I find them so uncomfortable I can't hardly stand to do them but I force myself to because with the way these BH feel I worry that baby's position is going to make labor hell-ish if the little stinker doesn't turn!

Seems like everyones answer to my contractions is to "drink more", well hell I can't drink anymore than I already am! I know I'm staying hydrated and if I sit down for a while they do stop but as soon as I get up to use the bathroom or cook or clean or do anything they start again and they really just make it very hard to function! I'm scared to take my 2 yr old out because I can't chase him, the contractions will stop me in my tracks and it's just not worth the risk of him getting out of my sight. I think it's half my frusteration right now, back to re-reading my pregnancy journal, I was taking my kids to the lake and shopping all day and running endless errands at 39 weeks like it was nothing and this time? My 15 minute trip to walgreens this morning did me in for the day! My husband wants to go do this and that and go to the ocean and I'm just not up for it and I feel bad because I don't want to take away his and the kids fun! We went to the mall Saturday which I was not even close to wanting to do but they all did so I just put on my fake happy face and went along with it. He wanted to look at table saws and the kids were pretty bored with that so I was like well I'll walk them around - I went to the furniture dept and sat down and let them watch the tvs (thankfully they had How to Train your Dragon on)... he called me about an hr later and asked where I was and came over and he's like, "did you sit here the whole time?" I was like noooo we walked around... but he knows that wasn't true because if I had walked around I would have found at the very least some cute baby stuff. I feel bad but I really just want to sit on the couch, eat a lot of ice cream and cry all day... yep.

WTH is this baby doing to me?! I am not an emotional mess of a person, I can deal with just about anything! I don't know why this is wearing down on me so hard! I can't really even complain to anyone other than DH because they all just think I'm a complete idiot for not just, "having an induction and getting it over with- why suffer when you don't have to?" Because inductions are so wonderful and there is no suffering involved with that, right?! GRR! Ok, I feel a little better getting that all out...

If you're still reading you deserve a cookie! =)

Facebook
August 29th, 2011, 10:51 AM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
They have to be doing something... they aren't totally fruitless. I am so sorry you are miserable. Can your DH take the boys out for a few hours and you stay home? Can you schedule something nice for yourself? Massage, hair cut or even like a chiro appt. Maybe the chiro could help with some of the pain in your back. Maybe if you got adjusted and were better aligned baby could turn easier.

I hope you get some relief of some kind soon! Big big HUGS!!!!

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
August 29th, 2011, 12:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ah Rose, I'm sorry you are so miserable.

I've found with each of my babies, the build up contractions get worse and start earlier with each pg. Mine started last week. But I feel really bad you are so miserable.

I would also suggest a good chiropractor, I went last week and should go this week as well. They adjusted my hips and it helped a little. If nothing else, it probably helps baby desend. You could also give accupressure points a try.

Hope baby comes soon for you!

August 29th, 2011, 12:30 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I think you are being too hard on yourself. Just because you were running around doing tons of stuff last pregnancy does not mean this one is the same! Obviously you were not as uncomfortable last time and maybe that means she is coming earlier than her brother? I agree that the contractions have to be accomplishing something. It is prolly prodromal labor...and even though it can last a while, it does help to soften, stretch, and dilate at a much slower pace than you might like. But it is not pointless. It would be awesome if your labor was short and sweet because you did so much of the work already

I think it is perfectly acceptable to sit on the sofa, eat ice cream, and cry at this point. You are tired, in pain, and sorta over the whole "super woman thing." I say you get to do whatever you want until that baby comes!! Who cares what DH or anyone else thinks. Cleaning hurts...don't clean. Cooking hurts...cereal was invented for a reason (PBJ too!). Walking too much trouble...I think the TV section is brilliant (after all, your DH ditched you with three young children in the mall to look at saws for an hour...how does he have the right to criticize you for sitting in the TV section for that same hour?).

I really do feel for you and I hope that you get relief (ie: she comes!) very, very soon! Hang in there mama...you are almost done.
August 29th, 2011, 03:13 PM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
Oh, he didn't mind, he actually was more upset that I didn't just tell him from the start I didn't want to go than anything else, he would have happily stayed home or just taken the boys and went but I just feel so guilty when I don't want to go do stuff! We're such on-the-go type people, we're always going to the beach, or the park or spending the day at the pool or just messing around town and I hate being the party pooper. He's been fantastic with the kids lately (well, he always is but a lot more lately), he's been taking them out with shopping and to run errands so I can have an hour to nap on the couch. He's been ontop of cleaning everything lately and on the kids to keep things picked up. Heck, hes even been doing all the laundry lol! He even told me just to start planning easy meals that he can throw together when he gets home but ugh, I just have too much guilt. He goes to work all day in the heat and then comes home and works more and I wouldn't in a million years let him cook dinner unless I was... giving birth or dead. I am more mad at myself than anything I guess, I don't want to be disabled for the next 3 weeks. I want to clean and cook and make the house shiney, grocery shop and fold laundry, sounds crazy but it's just what I do and I find it horrible not to be able to! He's really handling things wonderfully and been super nice and dealing with me while I know I'm a pain in the arse. I actually think he's a little scared about this all, it's very new to him - the whole emotionally unstable wife thing, I don't cry... ever and lately it's a daily thing lol. I think he and the kids will all be very happy when this baby is born and mom gets back to her normal emotionally/physically stable self lol.

And my midwife recommended seeing a chiro just to help with the hip pain so I might do that if I can find someone who does weekend appts, hard to do during the week with DH working 7-7 basically. Pesky work! In the meantime DH has been fantastic about back massages/foot rubs... I tell you what, 20 minute massages puts me right to sleep, if only my bladder would let me STAY asleep lol.

Facebook
August 29th, 2011, 09:07 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Big hugs! Prodromal labor is SO hard physically and emotionally. The chiro is a wonderful idea - hopefully you can get an appointment soon.

August 29th, 2011, 10:22 PM
Quantum_Leap's Avatar frequent flier
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashj_1218 View Post
I think you are being too hard on yourself. Just because you were running around doing tons of stuff last pregnancy does not mean this one is the same! Obviously you were not as uncomfortable last time and maybe that means she is coming earlier than her brother?
That was definitely true for me. With DS #1 I was working, active, and feeling healthier than I've ever felt in my life right up until the day before the birth. With DS #2, by the last month I could barely walk a block uphill. The difference was insane. But DS #2 did come three weeks early (vs. 3 days early for DS #2). So maybe this is a good sign for you!

Anyway, you've got to remember that your MOST important job right now is to grow this baby and keep her healthy! Cooking, cleaning, and everything else can wait. They're not worth compromising your health. (And no one in your family wants you to do that). Heck, I'd use this time as an excuse to order takeout! You don't get to be pregnant that often in life, so go ahead and pamper yourself while you can. Baby will be here soon!

Thank you to the SSMC makers for my beautiful siggies!

(x2)(x2)(October 2011)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search