First hypnobirthing doula appt :)

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 30th, 2011, 06:25 PM
*~Ginny~*'s Avatar RN - Student CNM :)
Send a message via AIM to *~Ginny~*
...it went well! We talked for about an hour and then DH and I both got hypnotized. I didn't go very deeply since I was kind of distracted, but DH went all the way under. After it was over, the guy told us to open our eyes and it took him a good 3 minutes at least lol

(my doula and hypnotist is a woman, but her partner was there too)

I busted out laughing once and then almost laughed another several times. The guy had this deep, relaxing voice which was great until he said "every breathe you take, every sound you..." and then all I wanted to do was shout-sing out "I'LL BE WATCHING YOU!!"

...so yea, that part was kind of distracting

October 3rd, 2011, 12:35 AM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
so you're going to get hypnotized for labor? (just curious!)
i only ask because, when you wake up from a hypnosis dont you have no memory of the event? i was hypnotized once and i have zero memory of apparently walking across my college basketball court clucking like a chicken or doing a backbend/crab walk up to the dean (I was on the spirit squad and hypnotized as part of a half time show)..but i didnt know if there were different levels of hypnosis where you will remember? I would be sad to not remember my labor

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
October 3rd, 2011, 05:16 AM
Yup! But it's nothing like what you are imagining. There are varying degrees of hypnosis, from simple daydreaming all the way to being able to withstand surgical procedures. My doula is a standard doula, certified hypnotist and certified in hypnobirthing so she will be able to assist me in various ways during the actual act of labor. I will never be unconscious nor have my memory affected.

I did a quick google search and this below pretty much describes what hypnobirthing is. Please forgive the "infomercial" feel to it.

What is HypnoBirthing?

HypnoBirthing is a complete birth education programme, that teaches simple but specific self hypnosis, relaxation and breathing techniques for a better birth.

HypnoBirthing is much more than just self hypnosis or hypnotherapy for childbirth.

With HypnoBirthing, you'll discover that severe pain does not have to be an accompaniment of labour

You'll learn how to release the fears and anxieties you may currently have about giving birth, and how to overcome previous traumatic births

HypnoBirthing lets you discover and experience the joy and magic of birth - rather than the horrific ordeal everyone else seems hell-bent on telling you about

Most importantly, you'll learn how to put yourself back in control of your birth - rather than blindly turning your birthing experience over to your doctor or midwife.

HypnoBirthing doesn't mean you'll be in a trance or a sleep. Rather, you'll be able to chat, and be and in good spirits - totally relaxed, but fully in control. You'll always be aware of what is happening to you, and around you.

HypnoBirthing doesn't require any particular belief system, or prior experience. Some of our mums (and especially their husbands!) have been very sceptical at first - until they experience it for themselves.

In fact, the more sceptical they are to start with, the more evangelical they are when they discover the power of HypnoBirthing.

Just imagine welcoming each surge! Feeling peaceful... relaxing... and even smiling as your baby comes closer to you!

In short, HypnoBirthing allows you to experience birth in an atmosphere of calm relaxation, free of the fear and tension that prevents the birthing muscles of your body from functioning as Nature intended them to.

ETA: Here is another website that does a good job talking about it as well: HypnoBirthing: What is it and how does it work? | Childbirth Solutions

Last edited by *~Ginny~*; October 3rd, 2011 at 10:00 AM.
October 3rd, 2011, 09:04 AM
ah yeah ive heard of hynpbirthing but since we did Bradley i know very little about it. (Hypnosis kind of terrifies me after being hypnotized and then seeing J Medicine Hat....(who isnt who hypnotized me)...i just refuse to ever get hypnotized again

Well, very cool! Im glad you're excited. Youre going to have a great vbac

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
Hospital water birth
October 3rd, 2011, 09:58 AM
Thanks. I am stoked and excited to go through a completely different birthing experience this time.

As far as hypnosis...I LOVE J. Medicine Hat, but I've never allowed myself to get hypnotized at his shows.

October 3rd, 2011, 08:39 PM
oh he!! no ... see the show, dont BE the show! He comes to Omaha once a month...i dont want 100 people watching me orgasm

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
Hospital water birth
October 4th, 2011, 03:22 AM
You know, I've had several hypnotists tell me that nobody can force you to do anything you don't want to do while hypnotized. There is a reason they get everyone drunk before the show begins.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search