What is the one thing you are most proud of in your last birth?

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 14th, 2011, 12:28 PM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What is the one thing you would NOT change? Was there a decision you were particularly proud of? Something the doc did or didn't do that you are thankful for?

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
November 14th, 2011, 12:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm proud of myself for not losing my calm manner, even during transition.
The biggest thing that I wouldn't change is giving birth at the birth center.
I'm especially grateful for the fact that the Midwife gave us time to bond before telling us about her suspected diagnosis of Down syndrome, and having us transferred to the NICU.

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
November 14th, 2011, 02:42 PM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
I can't say there's anything in particular I, myself, as proud of. I do credit my doctor for making the right call to birth Danny premature, and to do it via a c-section - both decisions undoubtedly saved his life.

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
November 14th, 2011, 03:36 PM
Veteran
I'm proud of myself for trusting my instincts and hiring a doula and switching to my midwife from the OB at 28 weeks pregnant. I was really hesitant to do it but sooooooooo glad I did!

The cleaning and scrubbing will wait till tomorrow,
for children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down, cobwebs. Dust go to sleep.
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.
November 14th, 2011, 04:07 PM
Happy Mommy
I'm proud of myself for telling the nurse to shove it when she wanted me to count to 10 while pushing (well her count me push that long) and for my doctor to tell the nurse to let me do my own thing, I knew what I was doing.
November 14th, 2011, 05:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm proud that I got Vi out after her being stuck for 3 hours on my pelvic bone, her heartrate going down, me hyperventilating and other issues. I know a lot of women, including a few close friends, who had almost the exact same situation (except in their case baby was face up and in my case, she flipped face first so her eye was first thing out and her face was sideways) who ended up with c-sections or forceps/vacuum.

November 14th, 2011, 07:51 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm proud for having a 43 hour labor and not doubting my body/birth process. We had a homebirth and I know having the support of my DH, midwife and birth team made all the difference. They reminded me that my body was doing exactly what my baby needed to be born.

November 15th, 2011, 05:06 AM
LisanAndy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I use midwives now so she was very supportive of all of my choices. I loved that I had no IV and labored in the shower the whole time. Because my last labor was only 90 mins it was fast and furious. At about the 1 hour mark I was moaning pretty hard in the shower and my nurse came in and said "ohh it couldn't be that bad yet!"... I felt like smacking her! When I was pushing 30 mins later she profusely apologized for being a new nurse and has since learned to trust her patient's instincts LoL. I don't need a nurse telling me it's not that bad when you've never had a kid and I KNOW I'm in the middle of transition for it to hurt as badly as it did!

Is baby Aubrey Alana or Jacob Robert?!

November 15th, 2011, 07:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm proud of DH, actually. He did an amazing job, was calm, cool and collected the WHOLE time. He even told the nurse that we were denying the internal monitor and he would sign a waiver (all because she was stupid and didn't know how to find his heartbeat with the external monitor - the doctor found it in 2 seconds).

I would not change how long we labored at home. It made all the difference in how calm I stayed and how I progressed so far before even getting to the hospital.

November 15th, 2011, 08:43 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I'm just proud of myself for sticking with my NCB plan. Labor was only 90 minutes and a bit dramatic, but I stuck up for myself when nurses were trying to shove an IV on me or telling me that I really wasn't ready to push.
November 15th, 2011, 08:49 AM
HONEYBUNNY61's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would change everything, so I am (well, I kept my doctor). But I was encouraged by my body's ability to get to 10 cm after induction, epidural and being horizontal the whole time. I'm confident that no intervention and gravity will be in my favor this time.

VBAC, NATURAL BIRTHING, BREASTFEEDING, BABYWEARING, CLOTH DIAPERING MOM!
November 15th, 2011, 11:58 AM
MiniMom's Avatar Head Lady Bird
I would not change my decision to have a doula and a midwife. having both made the experience so much more personable to me, and it helped me believe that I could do it naturally without unneeded complications from the hospital staff, etc...

November 15th, 2011, 12:45 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I feel proud of a few things. First that I managed to get him flipped back into vertex positioning at 37 weeks, 8+lbs. And then that I completely ignored the doctor who was telling me "I was not pushing right" (because I was not purple pushing) and got my son out in 11 minutes. The "top of the list" though is the fact that I demanded to have no post-birth disruptions and had my son on my chest, skin-to-skin, unmoved, unweighed, undisturbed for 3 hours (in a hospital) after birth. I felt it made up for all the "stuff" that did not go great during the birth. It was the part I would have mourned the most if he had been a c-section (for transverse breech positioning).
November 16th, 2011, 05:17 AM
10x_A_Mommy's Avatar Plus 1 :)
I'm proud of my husband, he was terrified of homebirth but he hid those fears during the labor and birth. I'm proud of my kids, even down to the 1 year old they knew when to play and when to be still and quiet (ie during the harrd contrax). And I'm proud of myself for accomplishing exactly what I wanted - a short uncomplicated labor, birthing a healthy baby, in the water, at home.
Tristan ~ lost 2/6/03 @ 20 weeks

November 16th, 2011, 10:06 AM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm really proud of my hubby for keeping his cool when I hit transition at home and for holding my hand and talking calmly as he drove me to the hospital!

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
November 16th, 2011, 11:04 AM
HappyHippy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm proud of being able to let go and let my body do what it needed to.
November 17th, 2011, 11:10 AM
HippyMomOf4's Avatar Hippy Mom Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via MSN to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via Yahoo to HippyMomOf4
I'm proud of my husband for being my rock during labor, he was by my side every step of the way. I would not change the fact I chose to birth at home with midwives. Letting me move around as I please and not telling me how to birth, there wasn't anything they didn't let me do.

November 17th, 2011, 01:51 PM
Tiki's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What is the one thing you would NOT change? I wouldn't change our choice of a doula, she was awesome Was there a decision you were particularly proud of? I'm proud that I stiuck to my guns about everything and did it without seeming wacko to the drs and nurses Something the doc did or didn't do that you are thankful for? I was thankful that the OB that was there told the newer dr to back off and let me do my thing and that it was natural. She saved me from having to fight the newer dr.

The belief that there is only one truth and that oneself is in possession of it seems to me the
deepest root of all evil that is in the world.”
— German physicist Max Born
Like Bear Moon on Facebook
November 17th, 2011, 02:38 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I am proud very proud of my husband during our labor, it was his first birth and he did amazing (I was nervous about it.) I would not change having a home birth, the midwives we chose, and who we chose to have present for the birth. My husband and Denise were awesome. Honestly I think it would have been weird not having Denise there, she has been at the birth of all 3 of my kids.

November 18th, 2011, 12:06 PM
HippyMomOf4's Avatar Hippy Mom Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via MSN to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via Yahoo to HippyMomOf4
awww If we both end up preggo again in 2013 we have good chances of being at each others births again. I also wouldn't change that I had you there and you were able to make it

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search