introducing myself.

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 27th, 2011, 03:05 PM
manderee _3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to manderee _3
Hello ladies,
I'm mandy. Member of May 2919 pr and april 2012 ddc. I have 3 children Stasa (almost 9) Robert (almost 7) and Elise 19 months. I'm due to have a second son april 27. I am engaged to an amazing guy who I could beat in the head at least twice a day. He's elise and jackson's dad.

I had no epidural not by choice with dd1. Or rather I had an epidural they placed wrong so there was no numb delivery. I felt everything. I opted for epidural with ds1 and dd2. This time I have decided I'm going for an unmedicated birth including pitocin. I want labor to start and stop on its own.

I am not against medication. To me this choice is because I want to experience it the way its supposed to be. This is my last baby so its my last. Chance. I am not being supported by dfs family at all. They don't understand my choice or believe in me. They tell me I'm crazy and even try to tell me I'm putting jackson in danger. I know better and I know how wrong they are. I needencouragment and support. I'm afraid if I end up getting meds they will rub it in my face and not realize that I will be failing in my own eyes. So one of the ladies in may 10 pr suggested I come here for information and encouragement. I have to admit I'm afraid I will be looked down on here if I go med route so I ask you ladies to be support but please respect me as well. I have a feeling that you will because you know what I'm going through.

So hi ladies!!! Tell me about you and yours. Feel free to ask lots of questions. I can't wait to get to know you all.
Robert "Bob" Clay 2-19-05
Elise Gabrielle 5-3-10
Jackson Reed EDD 4-27-12

November 27th, 2011, 03:11 PM
Also I'm not nearly as dumb as autocorrect makes me look. All those typos. Lol 2010 PR and my daughters name is Stasia.
Elise Gabrielle 5-3-10
Jackson Reed EDD 4-27-12

November 27th, 2011, 04:56 PM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi there!! Glad you made it over. I saw your post and hoped you would come, I meant to tell you I was the host here. There are a few of us ladies from May 10. Hope you stick around and get the support you need from us! (And tell your IL's to eat ish! hehe)

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
November 27th, 2011, 08:31 PM
MissusF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome! I'm Melissa, baby #1 is due January 30th.

Claire Ellene 2/13/12 8 lbs 6 oz 21"

November 27th, 2011, 08:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yay!!!! ((((hugs)))) There are momma's here who were planning a homebirth and had a c-section - and are still loved and supported. Life is life! No one here will judge you! We make the best plans we can, we prepare ourselves, educate ourselves - and then take it as it comes.
I'm so glad you came here!

Thank you Kiliki for my first beautiful Siggie!

mom of 2 angels and an earth baby
November 28th, 2011, 04:50 AM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
Good to meet you! I'm Que and I am pregnant with my 4th. My first two babies were scary and rapid inductions due to pre=eclampsia, and my last was a normal and natural delivery without even and IV. I hope to have a similar experience this time.

Sorry your family isn't supporting you. The same thing happened to my SIL. Our family kept telling her that she was putting her baby in danger. I was doula-ing her and I had the be the "bad guy" the entire time, because they thought I was brain washing her, when really I was just helping her follow her birth plan. She had a great epidural-free delivery too. Even thought the family was super annoying.

With the support of the ladies here, and doing some good reading, you'll feel well prepared to have the delivery you want.

November 28th, 2011, 07:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome! This group is wonderful!

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
November 28th, 2011, 10:42 AM
Nice to see some familiar faces! I'm glad you recommended this sodagirl. I also forgot to mention they fear pre-e with me. (My liver enzymes are consistently elevated, high BP though not scary high) they've not confirmed yet but have me at high-risk Dr and And ob took my case in my midwife's office. At my last u/s they also noticed my placenta is low and are keeping an eye onthat. I am still determined to keep my birth plan until it is impossible.

So I do have a question. I want to labor at home for the most part because the longer I'm in hospital the easier it will be to get meds. Also because I want to walk around and move. However in all previous labors I go from 6/7 to baby being here in 15 minutes.... how will I know when to go in?
Elise Gabrielle 5-3-10
Jackson Reed EDD 4-27-12

November 28th, 2011, 01:07 PM
STL_Beth's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi Mandy!! I'm not a regular poster over here (although I wish to be), but I just wanted to say Hi from a fellow April 12 DDC'er. The fact that you came here and want to know more puts you ahead of a lot of pregnant women (in my eyes) regardless of how the actual birth comes out. My best advice is to read read read and educate yourself on exactly what you want and why. That way, when your DF's family starts questioning you, you can come back with what you've learned and hopefully educate them to change their minds. If they are so set in their dumb ways, then just ignore them. I had co-workers and friends who when I told them I wanted a natural birth the first time thought I had lost my mind and always said "you'll see" and I showed them. Even if it doesn't turn out your way, you are still wanting the best for your family and I think that shows great "mothering" from you and if your in-laws want to be jerks, then you can do without them.

As far as the "when to go to the hospital" question, for me DH and I were both very educated (through our Bradley class) on the stages of labor so it was very apparent where we were and what we had left and I think we did great on timing. Of course, it also depends on how far from the hospital you are and if you have any other risks (pre-e) going on. Again, I think if you educate yourself, you'll be able to really know when to go.

My Blog
November 28th, 2011, 07:11 PM
Mom.to.PinknBlue's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome! I'm Amee. My daughter was born 6-13-10 and am expecting my 2nd child in July. I planned for an unmedicated hospital birth, but it didn't go as planned. The girls here are wonderful.
November 28th, 2011, 07:37 PM
Beth,
My IL s would only get more annoying if I spout facts. They are a whole new level of bad. They would tell me I'm brain washed. I have no credibility in their eyes. Feeding my daughter the right foods are still a freaking fight. I've brought literature home from Dr and they still think I'm crazy and a little coke/chocolate/taco soup at 6 months old (!!!) Isn't gonna hurt her. I screamed no peanut butter for months but since Nana babysits I lost that fight. No, she isn't allergic but it's my call. I seriously despise their ignorance. Sadly they're highly educated backwoods ignorant which is a whole new level. Ask my may mommies. This is a daily struggle for me.

I have to ignore them.

Dd1 my water broke and I went through the natural stages of labor in 11 hours. I didn't have normal labors. I was having contrax 2 mins apart but they weren't awful painful. I went in, was at 3-4 they gave me epidural and stalled my labor. Broke my water. Started pitocin and the babies were here an hour later. I was only 37 weeks with them. (36 with dd1 when water broke)

I am not going with my contractions this time because I'm really thinking I was very early in labor and they sped it up when I might've had days left. Being this is #4 I'm worried he'll come quickly. Time lines and all that go put the window.
Elise Gabrielle 5-3-10
Jackson Reed EDD 4-27-12

November 29th, 2011, 07:42 AM
STL_Beth's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Mandy - Timing of contractions isn't always the best indicator of where you are in labor. I have a great chart that shows the signs of the stages of labor (or maybe someone else has it handy) that I can post for you tonight (if I remember). And for your family, I would just ignore them then. It irritates me when other people think they know you or your family better than you.

My Blog
November 29th, 2011, 08:12 AM
The chart will be wonderful!
Elise Gabrielle 5-3-10
Jackson Reed EDD 4-27-12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search