Natural Birth Classes

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 4th, 2011, 08:21 AM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What did you do and why did you like it/not like it?

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
December 4th, 2011, 10:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I didn't do any of them. My sister who did bradley thought that I was nuts. I think for some childbirth classes are completely worthwhile but my husband and I have had quite a bit of anatomy and physiology, I took A&P 2 the semester I got pregnant. And we are both EMTs, neither of us currently work as EMTs but we have the schooling, and he had a field delivery so he had watched it happen before. I spent the money on a Doula instead. I am happy with our decision when I get pregnant again I won't take classes but I might buy the hypnobabies CDs.
December 4th, 2011, 10:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I did Bradley classes with my first. I just wanted some techniques to use in labor, etc. It worked well for me, although I do turn very inward during labor, so when DH was trying to do relaxation things I wasn't really paying attention.

December 4th, 2011, 11:32 AM
MiniMom's Avatar Head Lady Bird
I took a course that was a combination of Bradley, Hypnobirthng and Lamaz. I thought that it was very useful, as my husband and i were constantly going back to our notes during the birth to help make progression with the contractions, etc.

December 5th, 2011, 09:25 AM
STL_Beth's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I took Bradley and loved the classes, loved our teacher, loved our classmates (still friends with all of them). It was well worth it to me. I knew a lot of the "basics" but I liked learning about the relaxation techniques and practicing. It was a good forum to go and just talk about whatever we needed to know as well. Our teacher had a great library of books and videos, too. I'm actually a little nervous about going the 2nd time without it, but it's only been 2 years, so I figure we can review our book for the most part.

My Blog
December 6th, 2011, 08:10 PM
Mom.to.PinknBlue's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I read the Bradley Method books, but didn't actually take any classes. I may decide to take on this time around, or just stick with the home course for hypnobabies.
December 7th, 2011, 06:46 AM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I took Bradley. I thought it did help me a lot in understanding the physiology about what was going on and different techniques for coping. Very helpful.

Dislike? Well, my husband's whining about going every week. lol

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
December 7th, 2011, 05:49 PM
MissusF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm taking Hypnobabies. So far I really like it. Obviously I don't know how well it will work for me when I'm in labor. We decided on it because it's the only NCB class offered in my area. I also like it because the instructor teaches it one on one at our house and she always brings really yummy snacks The only downside I can think of is that the verbiage Hypnobabies uses is kinda goofy.

Claire Ellene 2/13/12 8 lbs 6 oz 21"

December 11th, 2011, 05:00 PM
kristen121's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I did the Hypnobabies home study. I chose the home study because it was much less expensive than a live class and I work 3-11:30pm and DH works a combination of days and evenings, so being able to take a class together would have been nearly impossible. It was hard to keep up my motivation, especially once I got to the maintenance phase. Having a toddler in the house made it difficult to have uninterrupted time to practice the techniques. But I still think it helped me to stay calm and more or less in control during labor. If I get pregnant again, and our work schedules and finances allow, I would love to take a live Hypnobabies course.

December 11th, 2011, 05:21 PM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
This might sound terrible coming from a doula, but I did not take a childbirth education class. I am very well-read and I just did not "jive" with any of the "methods" out there. I'm more of an intuitive-birthing type (and now we actually have intuitive birth education classes around here ). I feel like a lot of the methods out there leave a lot of women feeling like failures if unwanted interventions get in their way.

I see so many women who actually do need childbirth education classes. I often take for granted the type of knowledge that comes naturally to me. I am so glad that there are a lot of great teachers around here for women to study with.

December 11th, 2011, 07:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I didn't do any classes. We did the birth class at the birth center, but it was a general knowledge type of thing, and more like an "orientation." I read a lot, and I really didn't feel like Hypnobabies, Bradley, etc. fit into who we are. I had a Doula and I felt really well prepared despite the fact that we didn't take any classes or have a specific method we were following. I know that's probably not the best route to take, but it worked for us, and we'll do the same thing again.

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search