EmoMom

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 8th, 2006, 12:45 PM
10x_A_Mommy's Avatar formerly mom_of_8
Thank you so much for sharing your waterbirthing experiences. I especially like that you threw in the little 'poo' incident...........that's one of the things i worried about lol. I know most women do it when pushing, but when your in a bed its much easier for the midwife or doc to hide it. My midwife assured me though that if it happens, she will be quick to scoop it out with her "pooper scooper" she said lol. I had tears in my eyes as I read your stories, and wow on the quick unexpected bathtub delivery!! I myself am not brave enough for a homebirth.........even if i were, it's illegal in Indiana for my midwife to attend. That's why I love that my hospital is so Pro Natural Birth. They are actually in the process of building the whole new maternity floor in which all of the birthing suites will have the built in jacuzzi birthing tubs. They're due to be done and ready to use by September which is perfect since I'm not due until November.

My biggest fears going into this delivery are A) i won't make it to the hospital. What worries me most about this is that my husband is very very squeemish when it comes to childbirth lol, he refused to even look down there during any of the deliveries, and I have my doubts on whether or not he could handle it on his own if he had too. With how fast my last labor went, i want to get an emergency delivery kit, and educate my daughter (age 10) as well as my husband on what to do if it happens.........figure i better have my daughter as back up incase daddy is passed out lol.

B) that my water will break and I will not go into labor like last time and need pitocin. I would be devestated if i had to miss out on a waterbirth due to the need for pitocin =( This is my last baby, so my only chance for a waterbirth. (only 1 of my 4 kids were delivered without pit. - 1st 2 however were sheduled inductions)

and C) that my water will break or go into labor before the 37 week mark (my youngest was born on 37 weeks to the day). I had a dream the other night that i went into labor at 35 1/2 weeks and wasn't allowed the waterbirth. My midwife gave me the criteria for waterbirth at my last visit, and one of the criteria is that you have to be 37 weeks, even a day before that...........to the bed I go.

I really hope to be posting a waterbirth story of my own near the end of this year
Tristan ~ lost 2/6/03 @ 20 weeks

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search