BTDT Mommas...Third baby/delivery question

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 21st, 2012, 06:28 PM
New_England_Girl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey all, long time no see I am an old member with two natural births already and one coming up in a very few weeks (fingers crossed, anyway). My first was 7 pounds 10 ounces, posterior, very hard delivery. My second was 9 pounds 12 ounces, perfect positioning, very easy delivery Both were born at 37.5 weeks due to my water breaking on it's own.

Now I'm just about ready to deliver #3, and I've been hearing story after story about how third births can be...well, surprising. The wildcard birth, they say. I've heard of crazy things happening like baby staying in until 43 weeks and needing an induction, c-sections (after prior natural births), crazy labor patterns, etc.

So for you who have had three or more children, did you experience any of the weirdness that I've been hearing about? Or are people just trying to scare me

I'm not concerned about another big baby, really. My son was easy-peasy. But I'd just like to think that I can go into labor in a timely fashion, deliver without anything odd going on, and just have a normal birth. Reassure me, please, ladies!

Married to my best friend for a decade.
Mom to:

Cassidy, 6.5 yrs. Born 10/23/07, 7 pounds 10 ounces, 20 in.

Joel, 4.75 yrs. Born 6/23/09, 9 pounds 12 ounces, 21 in.

Timothy, 2 yrs. Born 3/20/12, 9 pounds 4 ounces, 22.5 in.

January 21st, 2012, 06:48 PM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
I'm on number 3, so I'd love to hear stories too, LOL. I'm counting on a nice, predictable going into labor and whatnot for my VBAC...

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
January 21st, 2012, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quietsong View Post
I'm on number 3, so I'd love to hear stories too, LOL. I'm counting on a nice, predictable going into labor and whatnot for my VBAC...
Fingers crossed for you too, Kel.

Mom to:

January 21st, 2012, 11:10 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My first three were induced and next three were natural home births. My third natural birth was a lot longer but wasn't harder than the others. I am sure you will have a wonderful birth!
January 22nd, 2012, 06:05 AM
Veteran
My third was born at 40+12, and yes, I did have to be induced as my waters were getting low.

But it wasn't crazy or anything, just a different one from my other two.

My first was born at wk 35, induced because of water breaking.

My second was born at 40+2, naturally.

Good luck, however it goes!

This is baby number 4! We are team Yellow!
January 22nd, 2012, 07:23 AM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
My first two were 42 week inductions with pre-eclampsia. Cervidil put me into fast/hard labors for those.

My third was a wild card in that, I had the most amazing and healthy pregnancy. I went into labor on my due date. Labor was long and slow and very mild. Pushing was intense but very short (three pushes during two contractions after my water broke). Recovery was fine. I did a little too much too soon, which made recovery take longer... but all in all, it was my easiest experience of the three.

I'm hoping this next labor is easy too!!!!

January 22nd, 2012, 08:01 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
My #1 was born 40+1, easy delivery, no issues
#2 was born at 41w+4, 10 1/2 lbs, he got hung up some
#3 was born at 40w, my quickest delivery ever, pitocin but no pain meds he came so quick
#12 is on the way
January 22nd, 2012, 08:50 AM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am pregnant with my 4th
1st-born at 34 weeks, from the time I found out, my labor was about 4 hours start to finish. I was 6cm when I found out I was in labor.
2nd-induced at 38 weeks. (no reason, just convient for the dr and I didn't know ANY better)
3rd-born 8 days before EDD. Water broke, had him 3 hours later. Super fast. I dilated from 8-full in less than half an hour. It was insane. He came so fast, he had an injury from it. (neck muscles were damaged)
I would say I have quick easy labors and wish I could put my 2nd in to compare. I was my moms 3rd birth and I was a long hard labor and born breech. Oops, sorry ma
January 22nd, 2012, 09:26 AM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My first was easy at 40+2. 8 hours with water breaking before labor started, barely got to the hospital.

My second I was induced. Pit started, did nothing. Eventually they broke my water and 5 hours later my son was born. No pain meds. It was harder with pit, but still manageable.

My third (my first home birth) my water broke and 2 hours 20 mins later my daughter was born! It was an intense labor, but very similar to my others.

My fourth was the wildcard!!! In all my other labors my water had broken (or was broken) before labor started. This one it did not break! It felt very different since her head was cushioned. I also had several hours of early labor, which I had never had before. It was also my longest active labor. I had a difficult time just because I felt lost, not getting my "usual" bio-feed back and not knowing where in labor I was. I just wasn't expecting a longer, different labor.

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
January 22nd, 2012, 09:53 AM
my 3rd baby was almost 2 yrs ago....35 weeker, most of the water had broken just a plug above her head, OB came in and broke the rest at 845am I was 3cm....9am requested check and i was 4cm....called dr, told nurse to check again at 905....said i was 6cm.....she got on intercom to request help STAT...I told her baby was coming....husband said i think i see a head (i was sitting cross legged n the bed yelling at the nurse...!!!!) she ran to the door, my 3rd daughter was born at 908 with one push of her shoulders!!!! LMAO...this time i will personally tie my OB up, my labors have only gotten quicker! LOL with any luck this baby will also cause me MUCH grief with preterm labor and be born at 36 weeks healthy and ready to go home!!! my babies have to come 4 weeks early they cant seem to wait!!!

I should add that bc of the speedy delivery and no proper setting up or anything i did hemorrage and my dr came SPRINTING in at 915. the nurses were awesome and had started a bolus of pitocin and also started rubbing my belly.....everytime i would contract i would gush blood.....my OB put on gloves and had to manually/internally rub my uterus and get the placenta out.....he said next time he will cancel his morning and force me to lay exposed in stirrups!!!! Alls well that ends well!
January 23rd, 2012, 08:24 PM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm on my third as well! A girl I know just had her third and said it was a lot longer than her other two labors... but no other issues, just longer.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
January 23rd, 2012, 08:55 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
My 1st was a semi induction for pre-e 12 hours pit epi arom ect. Born 12 hours later from start to finish. 45 minutes of pushing.

My 2nd was a ROM and 4 hours later she was here.

My 3rd same as my daughter but labor started before ROM and labor was a little less than an hour.

January 24th, 2012, 07:10 AM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
the main difference with my 3rd was days of prodromal labor which I did not have with the first two. My recovery was amazingly fast too compared to the first two

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

January 24th, 2012, 12:48 PM
Thanks for the reassurance, ladies. I've had two early (though healthy) deliveries, and I just feel like it's my turn to have something go wrong. I've had this feeling all through this pregnancy, for some reason Just hoping that I can sail through this one with no complications/interventions.

Mom to:

February 9th, 2012, 04:21 PM
My first was born on his due date, hospital delivery, back labor, total labor lasted 7 hours
2nd born on his due date at home, water birth, easy but intense quick labor lasted 3 1/2 hours start to finish
3rd baby also born on her due date, home water birth, easiest labor lasting only 1 hour 15 minutes.
All 3 labors were very similar, started same way, each one got faster.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search