Co-sleeping Advice

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 1st, 2012, 09:02 AM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Who has used a co-sleeper or bassinet successfully? My elbow and hips are killing me already sleeping curled around Karaline. I have a Rock n Play that I would like her to sleep in most of the night. But does require me not being lazy and actually get up to feed her??

What techniques have you used?

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
February 1st, 2012, 09:04 AM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wish I could help... we had a cosleeper that was used for maybe a week. After that Kate wanted none of it. :/ And yes it does require more work to nurse them. I'm lazy.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
February 1st, 2012, 05:34 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just put the pack and play next to the bed. Baby usually starts the night there and then sleeps the rest of the night with us. I usually trade off with DH for cuddling of baby between nursing.
February 2nd, 2012, 12:00 AM
mommy2noelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With DD, I had her crib in my room. During maternity leave, she slept most of the night in between feedings in her crib. Once I went back to work, all the up and down got to be too much and by about 3 months, she was in my bed the whole night.

I will be attempting the bassinet this time around, but I also don't expect that to last past me going back to work...

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

February 2nd, 2012, 09:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I tried Lily in a bassinet, but she wanted to bed share. I just got used to having her sleep in the crook of my arm. As she got bigger, then I could move more, etc.

Vi slept a lot in the Rock 'n Play, and then I'd pull her into bed when she wanted to nurse the first time and usually keep her with me. She's still bedsharing at 22 months now, but I want to move her to her own bed in Lily's room in the next few months (hopefully, before baby #3 is here!)

I have always found bedsharing to make nursing at night so much easier. I got a lot more sleep with it as well.

February 2nd, 2012, 08:40 PM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
we did a side-car crib. Worked fabulously. Baby has their own sleeping space, and since you're on the same level you can just pull her to you to nurse, push her a little away to sleep.

here's a great tutorial
Home - How we sidecarred our crib

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

Last edited by Kelllilee; February 2nd, 2012 at 08:43 PM.
February 4th, 2012, 04:44 PM
Tiki's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We tried Sidecarring our crib but he never really sleeps in it. That would require me acutually moving him once he falls asleep and I'm kind of lazu about that. It could work if you are diligent. We just ended up buying a new mattress to fix my problems with it being painful.

The belief that there is only one truth and that oneself is in possession of it seems to me the
deepest root of all evil that is in the world.”
— German physicist Max Born
Like Bear Moon on Facebook
February 8th, 2012, 02:02 PM
Jule'sMomInOR's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We did bed sharing until about 9 or 10 months. We had the crib side-carred before that but Juliana never slept in it. Around the 9 or 10 month mark she got really squirmy and I was tired of being kicked, and plus it became easier to get her into it without having to be super careful not to wake her up. After a few nights, she'd roll over on her own back into it after nursing. We're all happier now that we have our own space, yet are close enough for snuggling. Early on, though, I liked being close enough that are breathing became synchronized. That was a really special time to me.

February 9th, 2012, 08:16 AM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Last night and the night before Karaline has slept in the RocknPlay for a couple hours the first part of the night! Yay! Then I took her in bed with me. I have always bed shared with my babies, so I am happy to do it. But I know there comes a point where I am done, but baby isn't and then I am miserable. So I hope if I can master the art of co-sleeping vs. bed sharing I think that will keep me happier longer.

Thanks for the replies ladies!

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search