DDC discussions

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 18th, 2012, 08:26 AM
tygrss's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by STL_Beth View Post
I think what irritates me the most is the fact that NCB should be the norm, at the very least wanting a vaginal birth should be the norm and the fact that there are some ladies out there who have to have a repeat c/s or induced, or whatever other interventions they need, those are the exceptions. I don't necessarily look down on them for their decisions and what reasons they have that lead them to their choices, but they shouldn't be out there preaching that having a c/s is the best thing in the world...since they are the exception.

I also have to say that I was never as "vocal" about NCB in my first DDC since I hadn't even had one yet, but I certainly don't remember as much negativity about it either. I think it really just depends on your DDC. And there are definitely people in mine who may not choose to have NCB (and that's fine) but they totally support me and my reasons for one, which is all I really ask for in a DDC. But to have certain women who are just so "high and mighty" and think anyone talking about a NCB should be banished or something...that's just ridiculous.
Hi Beth. Long time no talk to. LOL. I was in your last DDC and I agree that people weren't very judgemental. There were several of us who had natural births, both home and birth center if I recall correctly. There were definitely a lot of people scheduling elective c-sections and trying to induce themselves before they were even full-term (I'll never forget that one. I was dumbfounded). Still, people were pretty much supportive. However, in my first DDC from 2007 I remember people being REALLY hostile about EVERYTHING non-mainstream, from NCB, to cloth diapering, etc. I really think that it has to do with the vibe of each DDC.
Anyhow, just wanted to send you a {{HUG}} and say that I hear you loud and clear.

March 20th, 2012, 07:08 PM
Mom.to.PinknBlue's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So far my DDC has been civil and I haven't seen any knock down, drag out arguments about birthing choices. IRL I have been criticized for my birthing opinions and choices, but its my body and my child so my decision. Although I am surprised that there are ladies already scheduling their csections. I feel like its too early but then again that is just my opinion.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search