Body not doing what it is supposed to...

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By milehighmomma

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 27th, 2012, 12:46 AM
akicequeen02's Avatar Super Mommy
I am currently 41+6 with my first baby. Yesterday we tried some induction techniques with the midwife but they did not work. We did caster oil, herbs and breast pump. I ended up throwing up the caster oil an hour after drinking it, apparently not a normal response so we didn't get the full affect of that. Going to try again tonight as on Tuesday at midnight I officially "risk out" of the birth center in my state which would mean a consult with the OB on call and plan for hospital induction.

Anyone else have an experience with body just not working? Baby still seems to be in not ideal position so any contractions that I am having (which is not many) are not doing very much to my cervix. I have been doing everything the tell me to get her to move into position but nothing.

Just very frustrated at this point.

Tiffany
February 27th, 2012, 06:00 AM
LoriLou35's Avatar Veteran
Have you had your membranes stripped? I still tend to think you should just wait it out, but if you are on a timeline to stay at your birth center it may be an option. I'm not sure if it would be ideal if the baby is not in the right position though. I would talk that out with you MW.

February 27th, 2012, 07:30 AM
Veteran
I've attached a link below for some positions to help coax your baby in alignment with your body. You also have the option of acupuncture or you can also look up acupuncture points in your body to press on your own to try to get things moving. I've also attached a link that suggests some ways that midwives like to induce. Good luck on getting that sweet, stubborn little bean out!

A Midwife's Ways To Induce Labor | LIVESTRONG.COM

In Pregnancy Where to Start | spinningbabies.com
GranolaMamaOf3 likes this.
February 27th, 2012, 07:21 PM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~
I too was going to suggest spinningbabies.com Also a chiropractor adjustment might help (it did for me..). I've heard awesome things from mamas who used acupuncture! Definitely worth a try imo.. better than an induction!

Just remember; YOU ARE NOT BROKEN! Some babies just need longer to bake than others It's unfortunate that we live in a day where we have to worry about "risking out" (Hugs) mama! Keep your chin up and think positive birthy thoughts!

February 27th, 2012, 08:53 PM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I did some of the spinning babies moves while in labor because I hadn't progressed for a few hours and it really got him moving at that point. My birth center wouldn't let me deliver past 42 weeks either so it's got to be disheartening. I hope baby decides to come soon! I agree that you're not broke though.
February 28th, 2012, 02:19 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
Stripping the membranes is a great idea!
March 1st, 2012, 09:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I know this is late, but I wanted to chime in. After having 2 babies around my due date (my first one her due date, my second was 3 days after) I had my third daughter at 42+3. It's hard not to get discouraged, especially when there is a timeframe for going into labor, but after my experience, I believe that some babies just need a little longer to bake than others. I also tried some natural techniques. I did black and blue cohosh at 42 weeks to try to start labor (and I had been doing everything else all along, sex, nipple stimulation, etc.) and it didn't work. I did take some castor oil the night she was born, but I can't say if it worked because it didn't kick in before I went into labor.

There's one woman on here who has had 2 babies, both 42-43 weekers. If you're baby isnt' here yet, just remember that it can be completely NORMAL for some babies to be born after 42 weeks and it doesn't mean that there is anything wrong with your body. Hang in there mama!

March 2nd, 2012, 03:29 PM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
I agree- women in my family gestate like elephants. It's typical for us to deliver around 42 weeks instead of around 40 weeks. I always tell people I'm due later than my due date because of what I have learned, lol.

Hope your experience is a great one, even if it's not your first plan!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search