questions about hypnobabies a 2nd time

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 12th, 2012, 05:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm expecting a baby mid-July sometime. With my last birth I used hypnobabies and it worked great until pushing. I had torn my earbuds out during transition and had never listened to the breath your baby out track, which I think was a big part of why it hurt (when the rests of it wasn't painful).

Anyway, it will be about 3 years from my last birth when I give birth again. I don't feel the need to do the course fully and figure that I can skim the chapter and then listen to the tracks as a "refresher". But what I'm not sure about is if I should go at the same pace or a little bit faster or when I should start. Any suggestions from someone who has used hypnobabies two or more times?
March 13th, 2012, 10:09 PM
I used Hypnobabies for my first and will be using it again for my second. In my first class I was told by a very experienced long time instructor that some women who use Hypnobabies for subsequent births don't feel they need to do the course in as much detail or don't start as early or practice as regularly because they feel since they did it once it will be the same or better the next time around. She told me that the moms who do that usually end up wondering why the birth wasn't the same as the first time around, that they find it was less enjoyable or maybe not quite as discomfort free. She really stressed the importance of fully doing the program for subsequent births and making sure not to skimp on practice.

I personally want to have just as good if not better of an experience so I am going to follow her advice! She explained how the subconscious mind works (hopefully I don't butcher her words!) and how it gets programmed over our entire lives to view childbirth the way most of our culture does, as painful and difficult. When we use Hypnobabies it overrides what we learned previously and programs us to view childbirth as normal and comfortable and safe, the way it should be! (yaay!) If we do not follow the program exactly as they have designed it (reading the workbooks and practicing the CD's exactly as instructed) we run the risk of reverting to our old thoughts, the way we've been programmed our entire lives or not having the program be as effective as possible. Do what feels right for you. I just wanted to share what was explained to me. Best wishes!!!
March 15th, 2012, 10:05 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for the input!
April 2nd, 2012, 07:46 AM
Christy72's Avatar Birth doula mommy of 4
If it were me, I would listen to all the tracks again just as outlined in the class. You probably don't need to read the entire course again, but I would for sure listen to the tracks. Hypnosis is all about compounding. Good luck!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search