Hello all! New here

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 14th, 2006, 02:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am 31 years old and a first time mom!!! I am due November 10th with my son, Christopher. I have a wonderful loving husband that I have known for 21 years. (yes that would have made me 10)

I am followed through this pregnancy by a midwife who will assist in my delivery at the hospital as they do not do home births in this area. I plan on having a completely natural childbirth. I have a very high pain tolerance, plus I want to experience everything with this little guy. My m/w is very natural and willing to do what I want. She is the same one that delivered my sister's son 6 years ago and was wonderful then. (can't beat first hand experience!)

My funny story. My husband is terrified of the delivery. He kept telling me that he didn't know if he could handle seeing me in pain. He has said several times throughout "don't rule out the epidural", "it's not that bad if you have to have it". (I have worked in the medical field for about 11 years and had experience helping the docs put in epidurals and the complications and infections that can come from them so I know what I'm facing.) So I realized that DH had no idea what an epidural was. I asked him what he thought it was and he said "a shot in the butt cheek". I then explained to him exactly what they do for an epidural and he freaked. He now has decided that unless it's an emergency, I probably shouldn't get one. He's so cute!

Anyway, that's my story and I wanted to say hello to all of you! Look forward to getting to know you all and learning lots!
July 14th, 2006, 05:04 PM
Isaeph's Avatar Jennifer the Momma
Thats funny. My dh knew what the epi was...and WANTED me to get it with ds...but we didn't know anything about complications at that time (except that it might be difficult placement with my scoliosis). He watched me for 8 hours in agony himself and was sooo happy when I gave up. This time we are getting much more educated and relying on God to get us both through pain-med-free...well that and the fact that I'm delivering at a birth center and they don't offer any pain meds.

Welcome!

Crunchy, conservative, Christian, homeschooling, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, not-vaccinating, cloth-diapering, baby-wearing, ec-ing, unassisted-birthing, breastmilk donating, Momma to 7yo, 4yo, 2yo, 2mo.
July 14th, 2006, 05:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
hi!!

and congrats on your baby to be!!

sounds like you are going into this the best possible way ever! and i am glad to hear that you have a very supportive midwife~ she was the best tool for me, other than my instincts, and my wonderful husband~

ya.. the more i read about epidurals, the more i wanted to use it for EMERGENCYS only.. cute that yer hubby thought it to be something different. i am glad tyhat the 2 of you are educating yourselfs together.. what a team!!

good luck and i cant wait to read your natural birth story~
July 14th, 2006, 08:56 PM
wonderfullymade's Avatar Doula & MW Apprentice
Send a message via Yahoo to wonderfullymade
LOL - my dh pulled this one on me: he said I couldn't have an epidural because we 'two had become one flesh' and he wouldn't let me put an epidural in HIM. lol!

Bellies & Babies Blogger
July 18th, 2006, 03:02 PM
crunchymama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
my husband was nervous about seeing me in pain and being helpless to do anything. He was such a great support person for all my kids though, I hope he knows just how much he did.

Welcome to the board.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search