Falling away from DDC

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By ashj_1218
  • 1 Post By lunarmagic
  • 1 Post By see_jay_elle
  • 1 Post By JoyfulChaosMama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 20th, 2012, 05:06 PM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
The third trimester is looming around the corner, now. And both of my DDC's (even though they are full of NCBers) are starting to become anxious and fear driven places. Even though I love the women, the energy is starting to go sour. Just as it always has in my DDC's in the past.

I can slowly feel myself disconnecting. I really like to keep it positive and I'm not much of an alarmist and I have a hard time supporting women in DDC's with so many minute issues and drama (maybe I exhaust myself doing that at work).

And I really like it here (NCB board).... but with this pregnancy, the NCB board seems a bit slower than usual. What can we do to spice things up around here and get more conversation going?

....or maybe I'm on the internet too much.

April 20th, 2012, 09:59 PM
MissusF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeah things have slowed down here a lot. I wish it would pick back up because I lurk on my phone while I'm nursing and I'm running out of things to look at! DDCs seem to get difficult toward the end. I found myself biting my tongue quite a bit.

April 21st, 2012, 05:14 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
More people could get knocked up Lol.

I only bop here sometimes, since I am not currently expecting. But I need to hang around more since I am in "planning" mode now.
therevslady likes this.
April 21st, 2012, 06:19 AM
Quantum_Leap's Avatar frequent flier
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashj_1218 View Post
More people could get knocked up Lol.
I'd volunteer! If only I were ovulating.

All of JM is dead right now. Apparently there's a new "Forum Crawler" app, though, that will make posting from phones a lot easier. I keep hoping that people will start returning here once they realize that that exists and start to make use of it.

Thank you to the SSMC makers for my beautiful siggies!

(x2)(x2)(October 2011)
April 21st, 2012, 07:03 AM
Jannell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeah it is kinda dead in here.
I think the end of DDC is when a lot of us just back away for a little bit. lol
April 21st, 2012, 09:05 AM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
it is dead in here. it used to be so lively. i admit it prevents me from popping in anymore.
April 21st, 2012, 10:05 AM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yep the energy in DDCs really tends to get tightly wound at the end and I'm definitely having to pull back and not get sucked into it. I like my time before birth to be really calm and positive and zen. Kind of a bummer, but I know my approach is not what most people do, lol.

No idea what to do to liven things up. I'm online a lot and everything seems dead - not just JM. I think people are spending too much time outside. I am bored.
ashj_1218 likes this.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
April 21st, 2012, 11:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi I'm Tasha and am currently 22weeks along with my second son. I'm looking forward to my second NCB in August! I'd love to see this board become more busy!
April 23rd, 2012, 10:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am not currently knocked up an hope I am not again for another 6 months or so. The drama at the end is tough when people get "tired of being pregnant" and schedule inductions and the like. It was the baby shower drama that put me over the edge. They didn't get stuff off their registry, they made ridiculous requests of the hosts, etc. That made me want to scream!
April 25th, 2012, 08:45 AM
lilemma86's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was just blessed to join the Dec DDC and i hope it does not get grumpy in the end ( i have a feeling it will ) anyway. I LOVE this board!! and i feel to that it has slowed down some ( I too am on the internet to many hours a day LOL) . This will be my first and because of my scoliosis i will be going all natural!! Already checked out the birth center and got the DH on board! after the tour he was super excited A lot of people already kind look at me funny when i say that i do not plan on going to the hospital for birth. And anyone who gets snotty with me i simply tell them this is my birth choice and I will let them know how it goes

April 25th, 2012, 10:51 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I look around in here once in awhile. I am not currently pregnant, newest baby is only 5 weeks, but we will be NTNP'ing. I always had the number eleven in mind....lol

I agree about the DDC at the end. Then I never quite join back when it becomes a playroom because I don't analyze poop or log sleeping hours or anything like that.
#12 is on the way
April 25th, 2012, 08:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I've had a hard time connecting with the DDC in general, I assume maybe just because I'm not online that much. I guess I expected more because there are so many NCB ladies. I try to pop on when I can, but I guess I just don't have much to add. Posting on my phone is really hard and I heard the app that you can post from you have to pay for? Not doing that, so until JM has a mobile format or a free app, I doubt I'll be investing in it. :/

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
April 26th, 2012, 07:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Que, I've died off too because of some of the fear/drama/etc. I don't have the energy for it! I'm starting to totally change my birth plan to be a natural birth at a great new birth center here, rather than the epidural hospital birth I was planning. So at 25 weeks I have some research & classes to be signing up for But I want to come hang around the NCB board & probably ask the same questions that always get asked. So I'll try to make it a little more active, for what one person with annoying questions can do.
therevslady likes this.

Eventually I'll have a siggy.

My Photography Blog

May 12th, 2012, 09:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I haven't been on a lot in the past year or more because of school. Plus it's hard to get into the forum when you're not pregnant, at least for me it is.

The prospect of adding to our family in the fall is going to get me
More back into baby fever and NCB.. So hopefully I can participate more
May 29th, 2012, 02:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh good gravy I hear ya! I've not fit in my DDC very much for a myriad of reasons, but now that most ladies are 36+ weeks, all the talk is about how to 'get it out'. UGH!

I've only posted here a few times. I'm going to peruse some old threads tonight!
therevslady likes this.

Mama to:
Nick, 18
Abby, 16
Gabe, 14
Isaac, 12
Mary-Kate, 11
Sam, 9
Henry, 8
Molly, 7
Mark, 5
Greta, 4
Cecilia,2
Josephine,1
Baby due Jan. 2014
May 30th, 2012, 10:18 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Que, you'd make an excellent host of this board - if you took it up and posted up a new thread every day and such, and maybe contacted some of the old members, I'm sure it could get up and running again. I pop over here from time to time, hoping for positive birth stories or with hypnobirthing questions etc since I want as natural a birth as possible this time, but I don't hang out simply because there's not much going on here. If someone were to get it going and make sure there were new topics about, I'd participate here more for sure. I don't feel I'm qualified to host here or to be the one posting lots of new topics - I don't know enough about this stuff, but YOU do!

The drama etc on our DDC has done my head in too, but it does seem to be easing up a little for now, thank goodness. I can't exactly just walk away though since I'm the co-host.

May 30th, 2012, 05:25 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When this board moved to
A Facebook group it pretty much died out so I stopped checking in as often. It sucks though, I enjoyed this place a lot durin and after my first pregnancy.

May 31st, 2012, 01:59 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
ugh Facebook. Hate it hate it hate it.

June 1st, 2012, 05:27 AM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
Stupid facebook. Lol.

Dang I hosted a DDC once before and had a hard time keeping up. I've been able to be online a lot the past month, but my availability depends on the seasons really. Our family life revolves around the church calendar and being a pastor's family sometimes brings the crazy in our schedule- which might make year round hosting difficult.

I actually feel like I finally connected with the Aug DDC. For a while I was straddling July and Aug- and that's kind of hard. I still check in with July but that group also started out going between the board and facebook and I just can't keep up with that. And I'm gaining much more self control and doing a better job at keeping away from the topics that irk me, lol. I'm so glad that there are so many birth junkies in our group- it has made posting quite fun lately.

June 5th, 2012, 11:44 AM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
I just lurk now and then my last NCB baby is 8 months old now *cry* Anyway, I always bail on my DDC towards the end, emotions are too high and opinions are too varied for me!

Facebook

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search