You guys gave me hope

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 17th, 2006, 06:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to wondermeg
Hey, I am from the January 07 due date club and I came over here because I want to have a natural birth. The problem is, I am covered by military health care and I have been present for 2 of my friend’s births at our military hospital. I don't want to sound ungrateful to the military, but basically, it was a miracle that one of my friends and her baby survived the pregnancy and birth and my other friend had problems due to the same hospital, so I switched to a better one further away and fortunately got a midwife for my prenatal care.

It is so hard to stand up for yourself at a military hospital, but I am sure as heck going to do it. They make birth the most debilitating and humiliating experience for a woman and say that you have no choice in anything and will fight you tooth and nail, especially when, as in both my friends cases, your husband isn't there.

Anyway, this is my first baby and I have seen firsthand and from some research how unhealthy and crippling it is to be given an epidural, to not be allowed to labor out of bed and to have a catheter. I really want to do this naturally, but I know I am getting ready for a huge fight and it’s so good to hear you guys saying that I have rights and that you have actually exercised yours. It gives me a lot of hope, so thank you!
<div align="center"></div>
July 17th, 2006, 06:52 PM
crunchymama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry I have never heard good things about military hospitals either. Have you met with your new midiwfe yet? maybe you willget a good vibe.
July 17th, 2006, 07:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah, she was just awesome, she is the first medical person in years I feel like I can trust because she gave me practical, down to earth advice and actually treated me like I was intelligent enough to understand things and explained every test and medical procedure she would do in that visit and the next. I am ecstatic, and if she can deliver me, I think I will just blow bubbles out my ears. Its other people interfering that I am worried about... Or getting some doctor to deliver me.
July 17th, 2006, 07:29 PM
crunchymama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
you aren't guarenteed her?
July 17th, 2006, 10:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't know, but my next appt is Thursday, so I will ask her then.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search