Speed of second labours

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 12th, 2012, 12:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Those Mums who have had two or more kids... did your labours get faster and easier each time?

My DS's labour was pretty easy and straight forward, and was only 2 hours 45 minutes long. I spent half that time wondering if I was even in labour as the contractions were so mild. I'm a bit worried the next kid is just going to fall out, lol!

June 12th, 2012, 06:48 AM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
Mine have gotten longer each time, lol. But I tend to have a long and drawn out early labor and SUPER fast active labor. It's like, once I hit 4cm, my body goes ZOOM. My last one was the longest, but it was also WAY easier than my first.

June 12th, 2012, 09:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My first was just about 7 hours from first contraction to delivery. My second was just over 9 hours from first contraction to delivery, but she was stuck with her head hitting my pelvic bone for 3 of those hours (while I was pushing). My third was slightly over 4 hours from first contraction to delivery.

June 12th, 2012, 03:15 PM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My first was 6 hours 49 minutes from water breaking (contractions started about an hour later) to baby.

Second was 6 hours 20 minutes from first contraction to baby.

Third was 97 minutes from first contraction to baby--she was born less than 5 minutes after arriving at the birth center.

Really hoping this baby is not quite as fast as the last one, I might not make it.

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

June 12th, 2012, 06:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow... so it really could go either way! I'm trying not to think my next labour will be faster as I don't want to be disappointed if it takes way longer!

June 12th, 2012, 11:28 PM
MissusF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My labor was 6 hours from start to finish. I know that is a pretty short labor but I hope to get lucky and have an even shorter one next time!

Claire Ellene 2/13/12 8 lbs 6 oz 21"

June 13th, 2012, 08:45 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
My first was 12 hours from first contraction to birth, I always wonder what it would have been if I wasnt partially induced.

My 2nd was 4 hours, my water broke at 3:30am and she was born at 7:40 am. About 20 minutes after arriving to the hospital.

My third was about an hour or so of very intense labor pretty much complete transition for this labor.

June 13th, 2012, 11:13 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
My first was over 36 hours and the second was 42 hours. They have gotten shorter since then, but even #10 a little over 12 hours.
#12 is on the way
June 15th, 2012, 07:02 AM
noworries
My first was about 11 hours but was very easy. My second was longer and much more difficult but it was induction and a stillbirth. My third was about 3.5 hours and very intense.
June 16th, 2012, 08:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My shortest was 90 minutes, my longest was 27 hours - average has been about 4 hours - which is nice - longer is too long, shorter is too intense too quick!

Mama to:
Nick, 18
Abby, 16
Gabe, 14
Isaac, 12
Mary-Kate, 11
Sam, 9
Henry, 8
Molly, 7
Mark, 5
Greta, 4
Cecilia,2
Josephine,1
Baby due Jan. 2014
June 17th, 2012, 03:40 PM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
First was 6 hours induced stillbirth.

Second was approximately 12 hours but with a 5 hour complete stop in contractions in the middle and only 3 hours of active labor from the time it started back up until she was born. She was posterior before labor, so I assumed the long early labor was until she turned and dropped.

Third was 8 hours.

All very relaxed, easy labors.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
June 20th, 2012, 02:32 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
My first lasted about 14 hours, the second was only 6 or so.
June 24th, 2012, 02:48 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Interesting question. I'm hoping my second will be much faster. My water broke on a Sunday morning with Daniel and I didn't deliver him until Tuesday evening. Due to contractions that were on/off and painful when they were on I didn't sleep for pretty much that whole time.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search