SoCal Mommas

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 29th, 2012, 01:24 PM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well nevermind, Idk why my birth center advertised them. It's a new place in San Antonio, not San Diego lol.

Last edited by daneeleigh; June 29th, 2012 at 01:28 PM.
June 29th, 2012, 01:31 PM
Okay, so on my birth centers FB page, they say this is an upcoming birth center in my county. Everything on the internet shows them being in San Antonio. Guess we'll see lol.
July 8th, 2012, 09:27 AM
HippyMomOf4's Avatar Hippy Mom Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via MSN to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via Yahoo to HippyMomOf4
There is a new birth center going to be opening in the north county of San Diego

Birth Centers

I'm not sure of the name but there are already 2 birth centers and then the option of UCSD, then with the new one that will make San Diego have 3 free standing birth centers.

July 11th, 2012, 06:41 PM
There's 2 already??? I delivered at Best Start and I know of UCSD but I did not know there was a second one. Off to google I go!!!

The new one is probably Tree of Life
July 11th, 2012, 06:47 PM
Ah, I had no idea Birth Roots Babies existed. I personally like the look of the rooms at mine but during labor I could have cared less lol.
July 13th, 2012, 09:51 AM
Send a message via AIM to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via MSN to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via Yahoo to HippyMomOf4
Yup Birth Roots is ran by a CNM, LaShell(sp). I lived down there for 2 years while my husband was in the military and was very active in the birth community. We will be moving back there at the end of the year in which I will attend midwifery school. Tree Of Life is an awesome name haha my business is Tree of Life Photography and Birth Services

July 13th, 2012, 08:11 PM
Oh how awesome. I just choose to go to nursing school and will eventually go to Midwifery school. What program are you going through? I want to get into the community once I start the nursing program. I know my Doula can give me some pointers on how to get into it since she's been a Doula here for years. I'll be attending the Best Start Reunion at the end of this month which I'm excited about. I miss going lol, pathetic.
July 13th, 2012, 08:33 PM
There is a group that meets the first Friday of every month at the birth center its called Friday Night Doulas and its a great group of women. Its ran by Brooke and Sunshine(both midwives, they were mine hehe for my home birth) Anyway yeah I would go to that, you don't have to be a doula maybe just aspiring . Its full of great information.

I'll be going to midwifery school here 87+4592636Nizhoni

July 13th, 2012, 09:43 PM
Oh wow I didn't know about this place either. So this school grants you a CPM? There's so many variations I get confused sometimes. What's the difference between an CLM and a CPM? So you don't have to have any prior experience to attend this place and after completion a birth center could hire you?
July 15th, 2012, 11:08 AM
There are a few requirements but most of what you need to know you learn at the school. You have to complete so many hours under another midwife, or prenatal exams, birth hours, newborn exams, well woman checks. Its a lot of hours. This allows you to become a LM/CPM through the state of California and yes you could be hire as a midwife after completion of school or try and open your own practice.

July 17th, 2012, 08:45 PM
I read the hours requirements and . I'm sure that's a good thing though but that's got to be hard to find someone willing to work with you like that if you don't already know someone. Are you looking to do just home births?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search